Why the negativity towards Axyl and GNR?

redstarling

I am new on here and have a question:  Why so much negativity and right out hostility towards Axyl and GNR, I dont get it?   They are not public property and dont owe any of us a thing, why not just accept what they have to offer and get on with our lives,  or maybe this is a kind of hobby for some?  I am not being critical of anyone here I am just genuinely trying to understand.  I posted  a  'Congrats to GNR for billionth YouTube view' thread and noticed hardly anybody gave it a mention and yet it surely it was something to celebrate and be positive about? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just lack of new music has plenty of fans bitter. The ones that stuck around and kept believing that something new was around the corner have become bitter. I think it’s made it harder knowing how much hasn’t been released that was done, but overall any negativity or hostility here comes from the lack of new music 

• Like 2

Plus the ways of their management, the copyright strikes, lack of proper activities (videos etc.) and some more positive, professional approach towards the fans, like other bands have... 

Still love em though. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Everyone probably has different reasons for feeling frustrated.

There are users here that have followed the band from Appetite and beyond, one album of original material since the release of the Illusion records probably doesn’t sit well with a lot of people - which is only natural, we just want to see the band winning.

I will never stop going to shows, but the lack of variation with the set list is another issue. There is people who have been to loads more shows than I have, but even I was getting a bit burned out by the end of the shows I seen in 2017 as they were mostly the same.

We’re 3 years into the Not In This Lifetime tour and while the band is firing on all cylinders, we were led to believe that the tour ended last year in Hawaii. There is now already dates for 2020, taking us into the 4th year of the tour and it does make you wonder when they will find time to actually hit the studio to get something out.

In my heart of hearts, I want to believe that there is a finished product ready to go, but who knows? Those cunts still have a lot of miles left in the tank, let’s make the next 5 years some of the most fruitful in GNR’s history.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, redstarling said:

I am new on here and have a question:  Why so much negativity and right out hostility towards Axyl and GNR, I dont get it?   They are not public property and dont owe any of us a thing, why not just accept what they have to offer and get on with our lives,  or maybe this is a kind of hobby for some?  I am not being critical of anyone here I am just genuinely trying to understand.  I posted  a  'Congrats to GNR for billionth YouTube view' thread and noticed hardly anybody gave it a mention and yet it surely it was something to celebrate and be positive about? 

It's a pretty cheery bunch compared to like 5 or 6 years ago.  I literally quit this site completely, didn't even lurk because it was a straight 100% troll fans and hate on the band fest.  I'm grateful to the mods for changing things up when they created the "Jungle" sub forum.  Prior to that the main board was full of threads like "How cunty is Axl?"  "How many cocks has Axl sucked, here are the ones we know..." It was legit brutal, and unreadable.  I couldn't take coming here, because it made me upset to read the forum, I wanted to argue with everyone.  This is coming from someone who says snarky sarcastic shit about they band, but the forum was just venom and hate. 

I'm not joking or exaggerating.  There was a time that this was NOT a forum for fans.  I'm very glad the mods changed it up.

Edited by DeadSlash

1 hour ago, redstarling said:

there is no negativity, ppl are taking a piss at Axyl for following the band 30 years and getting shit thrown at them constantly last 30 years.

stuff getting taken down from ytb, 1 album of original (shit music) in almost 30 years, shutting down the band that rules the world at its peak, hiering the guys who wear masks, McDonalds hamburger buckets, tons of masks to replace Slash, Iz, Gilb, playing reunion tours with 1/2 band missing, playing same AFD songs for like 30 years, playing 34 song setlists with like 10 cover songs a night...where do we end!? the list goes on and on and on...oh yes...the mickey mouse voice and shows like Berlin 2018 where fans sign petitions for money return.

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Not a who but a what. A new kind of pill for people suffering from impatience. To be available in all drugstores. Release date tba. 

does it still work for impatience if you keep listening to the same BS for over two decades straight?

OP really must be new here.

Because if you act like a cock in life people will call you a cock.  The problem arises when those people have some sort of investment in you i.e. they like your music so you end up with this sort of petitionary negativity here.  There's no one here who doesn't want Axl to perform well or release good music, its just that the general consensus is that he doesn't, hence the negativity and protestations.  Its really not a complicated proposition, the protestations speak for themselves.

• Like 3

Because some fans want more.

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because some fans want more.

TBH I personally don't want more. lost my hope in this band a very long time ago. All I need is:

1. Just don't take down youtube bootlegs

2. Fire Fernando or don't let him talk like shit to fans

3. Dont sell laundry bag

• Like 2

Yeah, the way Team Brazil acts and treats the fans is a big part of it I believe. The whole Chinese era was very exhausting for the fans as well, not just for Axyl. With very little reward to most.

Now we have Sluff back since 2016 and still not a single new song, at least it looks like that will change relatively soon.

It's hard to be a GnR fan and it would take very little effort from the band to change that for the better.

• Like 1