Why the negativity towards Axyl and GNR?

redstarling

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

there is no negativity, ppl are taking a piss at Axyl for following the band 30 years and getting shit thrown at them constantly last 30 years.

stuff getting taken down from ytb, 1 album of original (shit music) in almost 30 years, shutting down the band that rules the world at its peak, hiering the guys who wear masks, McDonalds hamburger buckets, tons of masks to replace Slash, Iz, Gilb, playing reunion tours with 1/2 band missing, playing same AFD songs for like 30 years, playing 34 song setlists with like 10 cover songs a night...where do we end!? the list goes on and on and on...oh yes...the mickey mouse voice and shows like Berlin 2018 where fans sign petitions for money return.

Dr Pepper.

I posted a thread yesterday as a newbie asking why the negativity towards GNR, I cant find it now so I will reply on a new thread (dont know whether its been deleted or not)  After reading the responses I see thats it more about frustration than negativity due to the band history since '93.

I liked the analogy that was made of enjoying hamburgers but  not going to celebrate the selling of the billionth burger by McDonalds;)

38 minutes ago, redstarling said:

liked the analogy that was made of enjoying hamburgers but  not going to celebrate the selling of the billionth burger by McDonalds;)

With GNR in the last 20 years its more like a burger with no hamburger and just spoiled bread.

42 minutes ago, redstarling said:

I posted a thread yesterday as a newbie asking why the negativity towards GNR, I cant find it now so I will reply on a new thread (dont know whether its been deleted or not)  After reading the responses I see thats it more about frustration than negativity due to the band history since '93.

I liked the analogy that was made of enjoying hamburgers but  not going to celebrate the selling of the billionth burger by McDonalds;)

If the guys aged backwards they would get ton more praise from the fan base. Including those who think Slash's hat is glued on, Axl not being in prime Bruce Lee shape and Duff's outlook on life since his sobriety. 

I understand the negativity (who doesn't?), but I don't understand why some waste their time on being negative and use every example to point out how this band/Axyl is a joke to them. But maybe that's the thing, isn't it... some people enjoy going online and pointing out how ridiculous it is, according to them. It is just as silly as constantly whining about the weather and how much they hate summer, I mean, who does that?!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Half of the fan base should be happy about Slash and Duff being back in the band, and playing great shows with Coma and Locomotive, as well as other deep cuts. The other half should be happy about the 19 discs of unheard material from CD sessions we just got. Everybody should be happy about the strong rumours that there will be a release in 2020. But of course, GN'R fans are a bunch of miserable assholes so if there is one thing we can always count on is that whatever happen there will always be very vocal complainers. Now it seems like toy trucks is a big issue, or the perpetual fact that Steven isn't in the band.

No offense. I really do appreciate all your contributions. 

But what „other deep cuts“ are you talking about? 

What’s your definition of a deep cut? Every song that wasn’t a single?! 

The major problem I have with Axl/GN'R these days, is that he sounds like shit.

I have not enjoyed one fucking performance he has done since AC/DC.

Maybe singing those songs ruined his voice, don't know. But to my ears he sounds terrible on 90% of the songs he sings.

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Half of the fan base should be happy about Slash and Duff being back in the band, and playing great shows with Coma and Locomotive, as well as other deep cuts. The other half should be happy about the 19 discs of unheard material from CD sessions we just got. Everybody should be happy about the strong rumours that there will be a release in 2020. But of course, GN'R fans are a bunch of miserable assholes so if there is one thing we can always count on is that whatever happen there will always be very vocal complainers. Now it seems like toy trucks is a big issue, or the perpetual fact that Steven isn't in the band.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the hell out of the leaks. Hearing 'Atlas Shrugged', 'State Of Grace' & 'Perhaps' for the first time made me feel like this is the greatest band in the world again.

Then I went on youtube and watched clips of recent shows and couldn't believe people are happy to spend money on that shit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I don’t comment on this 😄

So it would be Double Talkin' Jive, Come, Locomotive, Estranged (to some extent; it was a single), Attitude, Madagascar, Better (again, it was a single but hardly a hit), Chinese Democracy. 

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the hell out of the leaks. Hearing 'Atlas Shrugged', 'State Of Grace' & 'Perhaps' for the first time made me feel like this is the greatest band in the world again.

Then I went on youtube and watched clips of recent shows and couldn't believe people are happy to spend money on that shit.

Seems to me, from the little I have heard, that Axl is in great vocal shape.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:10 AM, redstarling said:

I am new on here and have a question:  Why so much negativity and right out hostility towards Axyl and GNR, I dont get it?   They are not public property and dont owe any of us a thing, why not just accept what they have to offer and get on with our lives,  or maybe this is a kind of hobby for some?  I am not being critical of anyone here I am just genuinely trying to understand.  I posted  a  'Congrats to GNR for billionth YouTube view' thread and noticed hardly anybody gave it a mention and yet it surely it was something to celebrate and be positive about? 

It's crazy how you felt the need to start this thread not once, but twice. Both times attempting to insult this site and our users. Neither time actually contributing to the thread itself, all while apparently having no idea how to spell "Axl". I'm gonna go ahead and lock this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3