Live Era '16 - '20

24 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Let's replace Frank's drums parts in studio by a random session drummer and I can live with Axl's vocals.

Alternative solution: It could be replaced with a drum machine as well.

Only if its the old Hell House drum machine :D

• Like 1

Just now, F*ck Fear said:

It's not a perfect gig, but one that could definitely be watched start to finish.

Nightrain is especially good.

I saw them at Donington that year - good gig. In your opinion, what’s the best sounding soundboard from that tour - always wanted to hear a good gig from that time (I have a decent IEM from Donington somewhere)?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Folk say that the bootleg for Rock am Ring 2006 is one of the best of that tour - is that true?

13 minutes ago, Graeme said:

It has the best Welcome to the Jungle opening ever. Axl sounds like a plane coming in to land.

@FRANSADrecently did an amazing remaster of that show. It's the definitive version IMO. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I saw them at Donington that year - good gig. In your opinion, what’s the best sounding soundboard from that tour - always wanted to hear a good gig from that time (I have a decent IEM from Donington somewhere)?

From that time, it's the best soundboard (Rock Am Ring)

Inland Invasion has good moments too  but the mix blows.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not entirely sure. Try shooting him a PM and hopefully he can shoot you a link. 

Will do 👍

7 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

From that time, it's the best soundboard (Rock Am Ring)

Inland Invasion has good moments too  but the mix blows.

👍

Honestly I could see them doing something like AC/DC's Live album in '91, splice together the best parts (Axls Vocals) of the songs from different shows. Have it be 23 or 24 songs (I actually made my ideal tracklisting) and call it Not in This Lifetime. If they would do something like that I'd ditch Attitude, Slither, BHS, The Seeker & Wichita, and only keep LALD & Heavens Door in tracklisting.

My ideal tracklisting:

Disc 1
1. It's So Easy
2. Mr Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome to the Jungle
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. Better
7. Live and Let Die
8. Estranged
9. Rocket Queen
10. Shadow of Your Love
11. You Could Be Mine
12. This I Love

Disc 2
1. Civil War
2. Yesterdays
3. Coma
4. Sweet Child O' Mine
5. November Rain
6 Knockin On Heavens Door
7. Nightrain
8. Patience
9. Dont Cry
10. Madagascar
11. Paradise City

16 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

You don't think he sounds good on Shadow of Your Love? What do you want him to sound like, if raspy and powerful isn't enough?

There were some good ones on the 2018 tour, but most people around here are really exaggerating how good he sounds on it now. I just re-listened to the recording from ACL 2nd weekend and he sounds uncomfortable for a lot of it. It's raspy, but it's really forced and doesn't actually sound very good.
Stuff like WTTJ or OTGM from the NA 2016 run is what I'd call 'raspy and powerful'... :axl:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There were some good ones on the 2018 tour, but most people around here are really exaggerating how good he sounds on it now. I just re-listened to the recording from ACL 2nd weekend and he sounds uncomfortable for a lot of it. It's raspy, but it's really forced and doesn't actually sound very good.
Stuff like WTTJ or OTGM from the NA 2016 run is what I'd call 'raspy and powerful'... :axl:

Can't comment on ACL cause it doesn't seem to be on youtube. But I'd say that in general he sounds better on SOYL now than he sounded on OTGM in 2016. OTGM had some Mickey even in 2016. SOYL is powerful from beginning to the end.

Edited by Lies They Tell