Your favourite live era

Your favourite live era   

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Classic GNR in 2006 would have been so potent and musically relevant... Slash was still smoking, Axl still showed skin. 

Could have skipped Libertad and CD and just went for UYIII.... ahhh but whatever!

91, 2006, 2016!

Edited by Ant

3 hours ago, default_ said:

If it wasnt for Bumblefoot and Frank the 06 lineup would be great. 

For me, Bumblefoot was one of the best things about '06-'10 (even onward to 2014). His playing was dynamic, exciting, fun, faithful to the spirit of the band and he went above and beyond (in spite of the limitations Axl's inflexibility placed on him) to play what the fans wanted to hear and advance things creatively. I don't really know what logic marks him out as the weak link in the band.

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graeme said:

For me, Bumblefoot was one of the best things about '06-'10 (even onward to 2014). His playing was dynamic, exciting, fun, faithful to the spirit of the band and he went above and beyond (in spite of the limitations Axl's inflexibility placed on him) to play what the fans wanted to hear and advance things creatively. I don't really know what logic marks him out as the weak link in the band.

He was pretty hit or miss in 2006, but from 2009-2014 I agree with you.

(It's understandable though, knowing he didn't have a long time to learn all the songs).

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He was pretty hit or miss in 2006, but from 2009-2014 I agree with you.

(It's understandable though, knowing he didn't have a long time to learn all the songs).

That's the one thing that nudges 2006/2007 era out for me, to be honest. Had he played the way he did from '09-'14 on THAT tour, holy fuck! 

• Like 1

91 and 93 because of the rants, izzy doing dust n bones and 14 years before he left, and there was no real setlist. The band just did whatever songs on stage. The bands plane getting drug checked in south america in 93:lol:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

91 and 93 because of the rants, izzy doing dust n bones and 14 years before he left, and there was no real setlist. The band just did whatever songs on stage. The bands plane getting drug checked in south america in 93:lol:

Closing '91 Toronto with Welcome To Jungle for the third encore... 

I think that would be my show to see if I could go back in time. 

Edited by Ant

15 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Interesting closing the set with jungle. Im trying to see what the setlist was for that show.

They played it twice!

Setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

Perfect Crime

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Dust N' Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

Patience (with I Was Only Joking Intro)

My Michelle

Don't Cry

14 Years

November Rain

Matt Sorum Drum Solo

Slash Guitar Solo / Love Theme From The Godfather

Rocket Queen

Pretty Tied Up

You're Crazy (with Sebastian Bach)

Knockin' on Heaven's Door ( w/ Only Women Bleed)

Encore 1:

Sweet Child O' Mine (With Bad Time intro)

Estranged

Encore 2:

You Ain't the First

Used to Love Her

Yesterdays

Paradise City

Encore 3:

Welcome to the Jungle

There used to be a video of the closing Jungle and it was smoking! Axl was definitely on that night. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

They played it twice!

Welcome to the Jungle

Perfect Crime

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Dust N' Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

Patience

(with I Was Only Joking (Intro))

My Michelle

Don't Cry

14 Years

November Rain

Matt Sorum Drum Solo

Slash Guitar Solo

Love Theme From The Godfather

Rocket Queen

Pretty Tied Up

Encore 1:

Sweet Child O' Mine

(With Bad Time (Intro))

Estranged

Encore 2:

You Ain't the First

Used to Love Her

Yesterdays

Paradise City

Encore 3:

Welcome to the Jungle

There used to be a video of the closing Jungle and it was smoking! Axl was definitely on that night. 

A Jungle reprise feels weird but also pretty cool. When I think of long set lists and amazing shows my mind always goes to the last Forum show of ‘91 but I think I’ll give this one a shot too

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

A Jungle reprise feels weird but also pretty cool. When I think of long set lists and amazing shows my mind always goes to the last Forum show of ‘91 but I think I’ll give this one a shot too

Yeah it's too bad all the videos I've seen are like 80's camcorder quality.

The '91 shows are so different from '92... I wish we had an official release for each year of UYI. Take my fucking money it's right here!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

‘91 was definitely the most volatile of the UYI tour, but when it was going, it was really going; although you could say that about ALL of this bands history 😂 it’s peaks musically are ridiculous, especially live. I honestly love all the eras except for ‘11-‘14 really. 

‘91

’93

’87

’10

’16

’06

if I had to choose 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ant said:

They played it twice!

Setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

Perfect Crime

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Dust N' Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

Patience (with I Was Only Joking Intro)

My Michelle

Don't Cry

14 Years

November Rain

Matt Sorum Drum Solo

Slash Guitar Solo / Love Theme From The Godfather

Rocket Queen

Pretty Tied Up

Encore 1:

Sweet Child O' Mine (With Bad Time intro)

Estranged

Encore 2:

You Ain't the First

Used to Love Her

Yesterdays

Paradise City

Encore 3:

Welcome to the Jungle

Thankyou, interesting no YCBM.

Just watched that video, whatever set axl off to give that sort of performance he needs more of that!.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

I think I was distracted by how cool Axl/DC was during 2016.... I tuned out on NITL after the initial "throne" shows which were pretty lackluster and then didn't tune in again until late 2017 when Axl's voice wasn't as strong... didn't realize some of those 2016 GNR shows were pretty damn solid, lineup gripes aside... "all things considered."

Edited by Ant

I think late 1987, summer of 1988 and June - August 1991 is where the band was at its best. 

There are just so many amazing shows, Hammersmith Odeon, Chicago and Madison from 1987. Felt Forum, Seattle and Shoreline from 1988, Philadelphia, Shoreline, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Wembley from 1991. 

I fail to see how the band ever sounded more powerful. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Graeme said:

Cant agree with that, I see Bumblefoot as a generic poor mans Bucket.