Likelihood of Alt songs this leg.

Hey guys me again,

Just wondering if anyone else feels that they will play any more alternates during this leg, like would it be reasonable for me to hope they play Hard School or even So Fine/Bennie and The Jets or is it just too far fetched and late in the tour? Really hoping for a surprise during the final 2 dates of this leg...

Thanks guys, rock on ✌️

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think all we get is Locomotive to be honest. Hard School seems to be a joke

idk, I still doubt that Hard School was anything but a smart/insider trolling.  This had been in the vault for like 20 years, I find it hard to believe it magically was relevant right after leaking.  The leak wasn't widespread or popular enough to warrant it being played,  there are like 10k people that even know what it is.  On the other hand, putting it on a fake set list is EXACTLY what I would do to fuck with those 10k people if I was in the inner circle.  People jump to "But the rest of the list is accurate."  and to that I reply "Bingo." it would have been a terrible troll that failed miserably if it was all fake songs.  The best trolls are plausible.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Hard School was probably an inside joke, like Oh My God the last years.

I guess apart from the CD songs Dead Horse and So Fine could get played. Dead Horse is too much of a fan favorite to just put it on there as a joke.

OMG wasn't a joke. They never played it during that tour, but there's a recording of the band rehearsing it at soundcheck, so it was definitely considered at some point. Not everything makes it to the actual setlists, unfortunately. Remember how Perfect Crime kept appearing on the alt options? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

well... 

to all those opposed...

So Fine’s solo is awesome! I have no idea what Duff says, though. Stona’man, oncesizefan justabeeman stands on his ownnn, bookeyesburn, story takes a turn, leaves a broken man!!!

Think About You would be really cool... and Reckless Life.

If Axl did the acoustic for Dead Horse and they did that little ending jam... how cool would that be!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I believe they actually rehearsed Hardschool. I know some people claimed to have heard in the soundcheck, but I'm not sure if that was reliable. 

But they always rehearse a lot of "new" (I mean, not from the regular setlist) before actually feel comfortable to play it. If the rumors about a new album are true and everything goes along with the plan, I'd say we won't hear Hardschool before they actually share their plans. This is just my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

I think Hardschool (and Atlas? Or was that one fake?) were only on the setlist as a joke.

As cool as it would be to hear either of those songs, I feel like it would actually be a mistake to play one of those as the first 'new' song from this line-up. It would probably dampen the general audience's excitement over new material, I can see the headlines now: GNR debuts first new song in 13 years, and it's actually a 20-year-old Chinese outtake.

Most people on here expect new material to be re-worked CD songs, but why would the first 'new' song from NITL be something we already know is decades old? (Fuck, I just remembered Fernando called SOYL a 'brand new single'. :facepalm:) At the very least, play a CD outtake that we've never heard about.

I do believe that every song in the altset was rehearsed, if they are going to be played someday is another story. There are no reason for "jokes", at least from Duff n Slash sides, they are serious about their stuff, and would not be willing to take part in some prank to the fans. 

I think it's only a matter of time and some of it will be played. It's up to Axl feeling confortably to perform, the band being satisfied with the soundin', and choosing the songs that will be dropped of setlist (after years of just keeping adding songs). 

I don't think they would waste time putting the songs on the setlist as a joke personally, however I do think they sometimes put songs on there that definitely have way more of a chance than others to be played. Oh My God was on the setlist even back in 2011 as an alt and it could be they had it ready to go but either weren't confident enough in it or Axl wasn't feeling it during the tour

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Hard School being on the alt is cruel. Definitely Fernando’s limited amount of say to screw with us. Axl probably found it funny as well and agreed only to mess with us for listening to the leaks. God this band is fucked

why would they soundcheck it though? (is this even confirmed? I know several people claimed they did but were these even trustworthy "sources"?)

I also still have a strange feeling this this is in the new terminator (despite what slash said) and they're waiting for the movie release to debut the song. The movie debuts Nov 1st. GNR is in Vegas for night 1 Nov 1st. 

Edited by Gunsdrummer63

5 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

why would they soundcheck it though? (is this even confirmed? I know several people claimed they did but were these even trustworthy "sources"?)

I also still have a strange feeling this this is in the new terminator (despite what slash said) and they're waiting for the movie release to debut the song. The movie debuts Nov 1st. GNR is in Vegas for night 1 Nov 1st. 

I definitely feel like calling bullshit on the soundcheck rumour. A venue with over 5000 people and not even at least one shit quality snippet of it?