Why was Slash poor?

Zinia_29

This is gonna sound silly. We all know their rags to riches story and I get the point about others but why was Slash poor? His mom was a celebrity designer and David Bowie and David Geffen used to babysit him :lol:

And Axl used to live in his house (maybe around 85?). So why didn't his family help him when he was broke during the 'hell house period'?

Edited by Zinia_29

His parents were poor. Slash's grandmother sometimes had to help them out financially and when Slash was a bit older, he had to work and pay rent to his mum, I think. She knew and worked for celebrities, but they were never well off. I think off all of them, Steven was the one who lived in a more affluent neighbourhood.

• Like 2

None of em were really poor, not proper poor, they all came from reasonably well off backgrounds with oppertunities if they'd've been bothered or interested, they could've always ran back to their mumsies and dadsies if things had gotten too hot for em.  Thats not to say they were rich but they had something to go back to, they were sort of middle class misfits.  This is why a lot of people think they weren't the real deal, real deal in the sense of real street kids with nothing to em, no prospects, it was either rock n roll or the workhouse types. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2