Axl Rose #64 on Rolling Stone's Top 100 Singers List

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

Hard to say, who else has made these kind of lists? I only see watchmojo do these all the time and they're out to lunch too.

Watchmojo has these lists of top 10 douches of rock, top 10 artists that are hard to work with etc and Axl is no 1 in all of them πŸ˜‚

Axl/Slash is in the thumbnail of top 3 coolest guitar/vocal duo though 😍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. And Slash's (who apparently hates Cher) girlfriend is best friends with Cher's best friend. And when I told that friend that I'm a big GNR fan she told me that one of her best friends is Slash's girlfriend, which is funny, because I found her IG, due to Meegan mentioning her. It's all connected.

Why Slash hate CHER ? Weird, maybe Slash meet she through his parents, Hollywood world is an little world and all meet in an moment of they lifes.Β 

So glad someone realized how amazing Axl Rose is as a singer.

I don't know why or how they can make these lists when there are millions of amazing singers from the very past until now. How can you name just 100? Besides, I'm sure everyone has their favorites so it's probably just some people's idea of who is a great singer.

57 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

1- Axl

2- Dont give a fuck.

lol Love it!:headbang:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If we are discussing rock and popular music which we seem to be doing,Β James Brown is the greatest of them all: he is the greatestΒ singer, frontman and anΒ exceptional songwriter also. The guy could sing like Little Richard combined withΒ Otis Redding but could out-dance Michael Jackson. He could sing soul, rhythm and blues, rock n' roll, pop. He invented a new form of music (funk) - how many people invent a new musical style?Β 

Yep, the guy was as good as it getsΒ 

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Why Slash hate CHER ? Weird, maybe Slash meet she through his parents, Hollywood world is an little world and all meet in an moment of they lifes.Β 

Well. He had some not so flattering things to say about a concert of hers he attended a while ago. And it's not like him to slag off other artists like that, so all things considered, I gather he doesn't like her too much.

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Not true. He's been to her concerts, he may have said it in a joking way because he got pneumonia after having to go outside to smoke at one of her concerts.

Well. Have you asked him? The way he said it, he hated everything about it. Didn't sound like a joke to me.

17 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I will. Where are these quotes?

Β 

Somewhere on Blabbermouth.

The guitarist said that he was "dragged" to the Cher concert in Las Vegas by his ex-wife and "her buddies," and was less than impressed by what he saw. "I had to leave for every song and go outside and smoke," he said. "And I think I'd worn myself down from smoking so much, and Cher just took me over the top. Every time she revisited one of those periods [during the concert]… She had a closet on stage and she'd go in the closet and she'd come out and she'd be the Indian. Every single thing that she's been over her career… When she started with the Sonny & Cher thing, it just killed me β€” I couldn't take it. So I would smoke… I just didn't have any fond memories of that show or any of the other stuff."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-cher-helped-me-quit-smoking/

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, riot said:

Steven tyler should be wayyyyy higher on the list. Higher than axl at least. Both should be higher

Again, the rankings are notΒ important. It’s about recognition. Out of the great rock bands to include hard rock, grunge/alternative/metal, only Axl and Steven Tyler made the cut. That’s significant considering the singers left out. However, I doubt any rock critic or journalist would place Steven Tyler above Axl Rose for a superior voice. Axl beats Steven in Musicianship, Stage Presence, VocalΒ abilities, Song Writing, and Artistic Integrity. Additionally, Aerosmith has some good to great albums, but none of their albums are in the pantheon of classic rock albums such as Zeppelin 4, Back in Black, Dark Side of the Moon, Metallica’s Black Album, and possibly Nevermind.Β 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I overheard this being discussed during the morning news on CNN today. They did mention that it's several years old but I'm still puzzled as to why this is causing such a shit storm now.Β 

The list was originally printed in 2008, then released online in 2010, all before the age of internet indignation, so with the current climate of outrage and offenseΒ for all manners of trivial shit, this list is the current target.Β 

• Sad 1

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

The list was originally printed in 2008, then released online in 2010, all before the age of internet indignation, so with the current climate of outrage and offenseΒ for all manners of trivial shit, this list is the current target.Β 

Makes sense.....unfortunately.Β 

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

The guitarist said that he was "dragged" to the Cher concert in Las Vegas by his ex-wife and "her buddies," and was less than impressed by what he saw. "I had to leave for every song and go outside and smoke," he said. "And I think I'd worn myself down from smoking so much, and Cher just took me over the top. Every time she revisited one of those periods [during the concert]… She had a closet on stage and she'd go in the closet and she'd come out and she'd be the Indian. Every single thing that she's been over her career… When she started with the Sonny & Cher thing, it just killed me β€” I couldn't take it. So I would smoke… I just didn't have any fond memories of that show or any of the other stuff."

I guess Slash had gotten his fill of frequent wardrobe changes onstage withΒ Axl. Cher just sent him over the top.πŸ˜„

Edited by lame ass security

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

For this Blabbermout intervew looks Slash hate Cher just as artist. Indeed, is rare that Slash talk of this manner about others artists, he is most gentle guy. But, at least Cher helped him quit his smoking habit....:lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Again, the rankings are notΒ important. It’s about recognition. Out of the great rock bands to include hard rock, grunge/alternative/metal, only Axl and Steven Tyler made the cut. That’s significant considering the singers left out. However, I doubt any rock critic or journalist would place Steven Tyler above Axl Rose for a superior voice. Axl beats Steven in Musicianship, Stage Presence, VocalΒ abilities, Song Writing, and Artistic Integrity. Additionally, Aerosmith has some good to great albums, but none of their albums are in the pantheon of classic rock albums such as Zeppelin 4, Back in Black, Dark Side of the Moon, Metallica’s Black Album, and possibly Nevermind.Β 

Tyler has a great range and a very good dtage presence. I agree on a lot of stuff you say though

That list is really poor, as are most lists like this.Β  In terms of talent, skill, artistry, whatever metric you want, the whole of this list is off.

Β 

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What could be outraged over, though?Β  7 of the top 10 are african-american, maybe because only 1 woman in the top ten, despite her being ranked at 1?

Edited by HuskerTornado

31 minutes ago, HuskerTornado said:

That list is really poor, as are most lists like this.Β  In terms of talent, skill, artistry, whatever metric you want, the whole of this list is off.

Β 

What could be outraged over, though?Β  7 of the top 10 are african-american, maybe because only 1 woman in the top ten, despite her being ranked at 1?

It’s the internet.Β