Live statistics original GnR and new GnR

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Shocking that RNDTH has only had 12 plays.

Probably a little bit hard to sing and also not enough audience reaction?  I always found it to be one of the most lyrically profound songs on the album, and then when I heard the origin story (living next to a bad neighbor) I was shocked, because it seemed like such a shallow idea.  But I guess the song isn't really about a bad neighbor, it simply spawned the idea for the song.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

@username Thank you for this, it's a good bit of info. 

Ain't it Fun is a surprise one for 0 plays. I guess because it was a late single release.

Same could be said for Since I Don't Have You. 

And yeah, it was kind of strange to compile. 9 of the 14 CD songs haven't been played in the past 2 years. Six of which not since the reunion. And Some songs have been played (much) more by the new lineup than the old one, which makes sense but still feels strange. There are all kinds of those odd realizations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amish said:

Are you sure One in a Million wasn't played 3 times?  Anyone?

Only two shows have been confirmed (CBGB's, NY, USA, Oct. 31, 1987 and The Limelight, NY, USA, Jan. 31, 1988).

It was also possibly played at two more (Music Hall, Cleveland, OH, USA, May 5, 1988 and Val Du Lakes, Mears, MI, USA, July 30, 1988)

http://www.a-4-d.com/t1412-1988-05-05-music-hall-cleveland-usa

http://www.a-4-d.com/t1637-1988-07-30-val-du-lakes-amphitheatre-mears-usa#5320

Edited by Blackstar

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Holy shit @username! Awesome work! Thanks for this!

This is such a great work!

But since WTTJ was played 921 times, can I assume it was played in every single GNR concert? And if that's the case, GNR is 79 shows away in order to complete 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) live performances?

WOW! Just WOW!!!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amish said:

Probably a little bit hard to sing and also not enough audience reaction?  I always found it to be one of the most lyrically profound songs on the album, and then when I heard the origin story (living next to a bad neighbor) I was shocked, because it seemed like such a shallow idea.  But I guess the song isn't really about a bad neighbor, it simply spawned the idea for the song.  

Actually only the chorus is about the neighbour. Axl had written the verses before that:

Axl: [RNDTH] has a verse about life in L.A., and the chorus came when I was at home and couldn’t figure one out. All of a sudden Gabby started beating on the walls and had her television cranked on 10 to bother me, and I just wrote this chorus called ‘Right Next Door to Hell.’ It works really well.”

Axl: I wrote the chorus of this song - the verses have nothing to do about that part - I wrote the chorus because of my next-door neighbor [The Ritz, New York, USA, May 16, 1991]

Axl: Well, the song wasn’t necessarily written about my neighbor. It’s just - the incident with my next door neighbor just inspired the chorus. And that chorus was also... Some of the verses were inspired by imagining myself sitting on Steven Adler’s street, and just imagining that I hadn’t – you know, that we hadn’t made it yet, and we were still on the streets and feeling like there was nothing there; I was kinda trying to relate with Steven. And other parts in the verses are me relating with things in my childhood and with our climb to the top; you know, “Not bad kids just stupid ones/ we thought we'd own the world/ and gettin' used was havin' fun.” [Rockline, November 27, 1991].

Axl: I'd say "Right Next Door To Hell" is something like the chorus from "Locomotive," but the verses are much deeper, much more serious [Metallix, December 1992].

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amish said:

Are you sure One in a Million wasn't played 3 times?  Anyone?

I do have a magazine article or book somewhere that talks about a series of shows during the Illusions tour where they would bring a couch on stage and do some songs acoustically. The article says they did One In A Million on the first night but then dropped it.

I’m not so familiar with the UYI era so can’t really narrow down where that was, but some else may be able to. From memory I think it was one of the latter legs of the tour.

2 minutes ago, Euchre said:

I do have a magazine article or book somewhere that talks about a series of shows during the Illusions tour where they would bring a couch on stage and do some songs acoustically. The article says they did One In A Million on the first night but then dropped it.

I’m not so familiar with the UYI era so can’t really narrow down where that was, but some else may be able to. From memory I think it was one of the latter legs of the tour.

I guess that magazine was referring to the Skin N' Bones tour in 1993 (February 23 to July 17). One in a Million 100% wasn't played at any of those shows, though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Legendador said:

But since WTTJ was played 921 times, can I assume it was played in every single GNR concert? And if that's the case, GNR is 79 shows away in order to complete 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) live performances?

WOW! Just WOW!!!

On setlist.fm it says, that they have played 956 shows so far, they didn't play WTTJ in the early shows

Dust N' Bones in 1992, does anyone remember or know from the bootleg in Memphis at the old pyramid who sang lead vocals? I'm assuming Duff and Axl did the vocal fills? That's probably my all-time favorite GN'R song, and it's sad to me that Izzy probably won't ever be back to sing it :/

4 hours ago, Legendador said:

WOW! Just WOW!!!

Welcome to the jungle was NOT played in 1992 at the Oklahoma show, I guess they forgot haha. Also memorable because it's one of the best GN'R proshots out there