The Warriors Movie 1979

AFD5

It's a shame the theatrical version never got a Region 1/A Blu-ray release. The version most readily available is the cut Walter Hill did with the comic book transitions. The movie is still great even in that form, but kind of like with Star Wars there's no reason all versions including the original shouldn't be available.

• Like 2

My mom and dad lived in Brooklyn when they filmed this movie. They used to take the same L line and get off at 14th street everyday to and from work. They loved this movie and still do.

I've since seen it and love it too. Love the acting. Love the Warriors. James Remar who played Ajax has had the longest running career out of all the actors. He's on Black Lightening today.

Loved Swan too. My mom remembers reading that some of the gangs in the movie were real and how much all the gangs at the time ran to the theatres and loved the movie.

Some of the best lines being said by the Warriors too. My mom still watches this movie whenever it's on cable, which seems to be alot!

Great movie. 

18 hours ago, WayTooManyOstriches said:

It's a shame the theatrical version never got a Region 1/A Blu-ray release. The version most readily available is the cut Walter Hill did with the comic book transitions. The movie is still great even in that form, but kind of like with Star Wars there's no reason all versions including the original shouldn't be available.

My mom has the director's cut whatever that means.

19 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Absolutely cracking film.The Orphans, The Lizzies  The Baseball Furies & The Rogues with Luther "Warriors come out to plaaay" & this as the end credits roll.

Great songs in this movie too.

I actually love the part where the Warriors are on the train and it stops and one of them says "This sucks! We're going to be here forever". lol So true when riding on a NYC subway, if the train stops you can be there for a minute or an hour. that's actually when New Yorkers start to talk to each other and complain about how the trains suck.