GNRCentral is getting worse. Can we ban it?

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

They're worse than AltNation, lol. The only thing they had going for them were their interviews. Everything else is shit, lol.

Oh absolutely. I can't even really imagine who their target customer/reader could be. 

52 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

They're worse than AltNation, lol. The only thing they had going for them were their interviews. Everything else is shit, lol.

Lol I was actually just about to ask if Brett from AltNation owned and operated this site too :lol:  Both sites seem to use the same method of clickbait titles and using forum posts as sources

Man, both those sites make me gag.

For a while i had no idea what my password was for this site, and so relied of typing "Guns n' Roses" into google, and hitting on the news tab.

Fucking horrendous that with all the bullshit clickbate from Alt Nation. I'd love to meet that Brett dude in person, i can only imagine he is a disgusting human being.

Isn't gnrcentral the forum of he/she/it who shall not be named? If so that says all we need to know. 

Just ignore it. It won't go away, but your life will still be a lot happier. 

Edit: Nevermind, I was confused with another site. 

Edited by username

Best to refer to them as gnrcuntral. I gave some feedback on one of their rambling YT videos once and had loads of grief from a bunch of deranged beings upset I had pointed out the inaccuracies in the video. The worst thing is they're generating income from the adverts on this channel. Avoid at all costs.

• Like 1

Dreadful site that's gone down the tubes with its negativity and click baiting to try fill the gaps. A band doesn't have daily news like a news network would have so I guess they are click baiting to stay in $$.

Have tried to block it coming up on Google for myself and YouTube but that's easier said than done just to not have to look at the rubbish they write/say, look forward to the day it's gone.

ps If you are watching GnR Central, go find something better to do. 

Edited by swishtz

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We have a long standing rule about not allowing links to Alt Nation, so I'm guessing that's what the ask is. I'm guessing people would like us to not allow links to GNR Central as well which is ironic because this thread is the first link we've had to GNR Central in ages lol. 

With respect to gnrcentral, I'm of two minds about it. The obvious thing is, yes... their site is full of click bait BUT I'm not sure what else a "GNR news site" has to go on outside of click bait. There's just no "news" in the GN'R world when compared to a regular band. 

Second, I've talked to the guys who run the site a couple of times and they seem like good guys. I haven't spoken with them in a while so I can't speak for them but I almost get the impression that their headlines as of late are meant to be taken as comedy or parody. 

Again, that's just my guess but I sometimes feel like parody would be the only way to go with a "news" site devoted to a band that just never had news. 

Yes, that is my request, though it's not particularly fair to characterise my post as the first to link to the site in ages, lol. The link i posted was simply to demonstrate how they steal content without attribution. The wall of text i copied wasn't linked, just to rub that point on them. ;) Anyway, links to GNRCentral are often shown in other threads (like the unofficial social media thread) and are sometimes used as sources (see early 2020 album rumours). 

I don't discriminate between GNRCentral and AltNation. Even if GNRCentral is going down a satirical route, they're still repurposing information (sometimes without attribution) and don't contribute much at all to discussions here when people link to them.

• Like 1

Its almost like the internet doesnt even need humans to run it anymore. Here we are discussing clickbait, and within the discussion is the issue of algorithms. The algorithms are what dictates this behaviour. And this thread demonstrates that the algorithms want things that most humans dont want (and even oppose).

Just think how in the future AI will skim this forum and post clickbait articles. And the fact that the AI can fix the search algorithms to favour its bullshit sites might drown out real rock news sites that we'd benefit from. So the possibility for a feedback loop is highly likely, meaning that we humans are eventually only informed by that garbage, it is then manifest in our posts, which again are being turned into clickbait. :wow:

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Its almost like the internet doesnt even need humans to run it anymore. Here we are discussing clickbait, and within the discussion is the issue of algorithms. The algorithms are what dictates this behaviour. And this thread demonstrates that the algorithms want things that most humans dont want (and even oppose).

Just think how in the future AI will skim this forum and post clickbait articles. And the fact that the AI can fix the search algorithms to favour its bullshit sites might drown out real rock news sites that we'd benefit from. So the possibility for a feedback loop is highly likely, meaning that we humans are eventually only informed by that garbage, it is then manifest in our posts, which again are being turned into clickbait. :wow:

Have you read Zucked by Roger Mcname? It's pretty terrifying and goes into details about all these things. I'd recommend it. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Have you read Zucked by Roger Mcname? It's pretty terrifying and goes into details about all these things. I'd recommend it. 

I havent read it, thanks. Its on my list now. :) Timely with the hearings happening.

While I can see what you went for with this thread, GNR Central is a popular GNR outlet and its good they're posting stuff like 'fans are bored', it has a higher probability it will reach the band. And they really need to know how bored we are with this whole situation.