GNRCentral is getting worse. Can we ban it?

9 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Seriously.

Fans Are Getting So Bored With Guns N’ Roses Concert Setlists

Some Fans on the MyGNRForums Are Starting to Predict the Setlist For Their Upcoming Shows

Guns N’ Roses setlist on the “Not in This Lifetime Tour” hasn’t seen a huge number of changes disappointing a lot of fans. Now on the MyGNRForums whenever a thread is started about an upcoming shows the members try their best to predict the setlist or joke how they know the setlist ahead of time.

story continued below…

One fan posted the following

It’s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin’ Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can’t Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/ Sweet Child O’ Mine
November rain
Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
Nightrain

Don’t Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

All they do is rip off our content with clickbait bullshit. They even stole a member's post about some wrestler copying Axl's look, and didn't give credit. I mean, come on!

Can we ban this site already?

just take from a page of GnR and file a DMCA takedown request :) that should put an end to it pretty quickly.

..but yeah, its been nothing but unoriginal clickbait now for...since...forever?

also, how serious could a webpage be that constantly calls 'dj ashba' a 'legend'...what's he done of note, other than put his name on some water?

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Haha 1

I liked them at first. I think I liked them more than I should’ve because I was riding high on GNR in 2016 with the reunion, AxlDC, this and Brando’s podcast. Seeing cool GNR content online was kind of new and exciting. But Brando’s podcast has so much quality, and it gets better and better. GNRcentral had a nice charm at first. The editing was bad for the time, it reminded me of 2009 YouTube, and Sids somewhat awkward way of speaking was somewhat nice. But I think he saw the dollar signs in the click bait shit, and put that over quality content. Shame but that’s the internet for ya

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’d be interested to know how much $ they actually make doing this. Whatever it is it must be worth it to put whatever time and effort they are putting into it to keep it going.

I never cared much for the true story episodes and YouTube videos, but I did enjoy the interviews. Had some good guests on a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Just think how in the future AI will skim this forum and post clickbait articles. And the fact that the AI can fix the search algorithms to favour its bullshit sites might drown out real rock news sites that we'd benefit from. So the possibility for a feedback loop is highly likely, meaning that we humans are eventually only informed by that garbage, it is then manifest in our posts, which again are being turned into clickbait. :wow:

AI is a dead end. Remember the Microsoft Twitter bot? The thing had some machine learning algorithm and it'd create content based on interactions it had. In less than a day it'd turn into a racist asshole and had to be taken down. :lol::lol: 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I liked them at first. I think I liked them more than I should’ve because I was riding high on GNR in 2016 with the reunion, AxlDC, this and Brando’s podcast. Seeing cool GNR content online was kind of new and exciting. But Brando’s podcast has so much quality, and it gets better and better. GNRcentral had a nice charm at first. The editing was bad for the time, it reminded me of 2009 YouTube, and Sids somewhat awkward way of speaking was somewhat nice. But I think he saw the dollar signs in the click bait shit, and put that over quality content. Shame but that’s the internet for ya

Just speculating here but I have a feeling the owner(s) became friends with the Alt Nation dude, saw how much he was making by posting click-baity horseshit, and decided to take their site in that direction as well. I find that somewhat sad considering when they first started they actually had some sort of integrity...but at the end of the day it's all about making money, I suppose. 

36 minutes ago, username said:

AI is a dead end. Remember the Microsoft Twitter bot? The thing had some machine learning algorithm and it'd create content based on interactions it had. In less than a day it'd turn into a racist asshole and had to be taken down. :lol::lol: 

I didnt hear about that twitter bot! :lol: Gotta look that up. It sounds both bonkers and exactly what could be anticipated from AI. :lol:

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Stop giving them your attention and clicks then! They’re getting what they want 

That was kinda my thought too, to be honest. This thread is giving them way more attention on here then they've had in quite some time. At least in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Definitely! It's a good read, from a guy who really knows his stuff. Raised my blood pressure a lot though! haha! 

Ha, I can imagine it gets the 'blood boiling' :lol: A book on the subject Ive gone back to a few times is Cathy O'Neil's Weapons of Math Destruction. Somewhat similar thing actually, she worked as a mathematician in NYC finance during the 2008 crash. She quit and works as a 'data skeptic' now. If you havent had the chance yet, you might be into that one, too.

Im looking forward to checking out Zucked!

I agree with the banning of some sort. As others have said, I liked them at first and even subbed for a minute. But then I started noticing that their content started becoming last weeks mygnr topics, which is pretty pathetic imo. I even called him out at one point for "stealing" mygnr discussions. 

For me, it's just the sleaziness of it all,  gathering "news" from mygnr and then making a profit off of it. I'm a member of a few different forums (varied topics), and this is the only place that gets ripped off like that. It should bother us imo. We have lively, open discussions which someone turns into a profit... I dont like it, but that's just me I guess. :shrugs:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I agree with the banning of some sort. As others have said, I liked them at first and even subbed for a minute. But then I started noticing that their content started becoming last weeks mygnr topics, which is pretty pathetic imo. I even called him out at one point for "stealing" mygnr discussions. 

For me, it's just the sleaziness of it all,  gathering "news" from mygnr and then making a profit off of it. I'm a member of a few different forums (varied topics), and this is the only place that gets ripped off like that. It should bother us imo. We have lively, open discussions which someone turns into a profit... I dont like it, but that's just me I guess. :shrugs:

This is exactly why it should be banned. Agreed 100%. 

"Banning" aka not allowing links from that site to be posted on the forum.

• Like 1

I was talking about this site a few days ago, i said pretty much the same thing you guys said. It started out pretty good, the live chat on a Sunday evening was fun with the occasional guest, and not as many "True" LOL stories.

I always prefered Geoff to Sid, I could have a drink and a smoke chat with him. Sid would want to talk about clothes.

I honestly think some of their content is pretty decent, but yeah. I can't stand the clickbait titles, terrible editing and Sid saying "actually" after every word. They even did an article the other day how GNR played Madagascar at one of the recent shows and how it was "the first time they played it all year" which is obviously just totally inaccurate and lazy ass journalism. Not that them playing Madagascar should even deserve an article anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Creed said:

havent you been in one of their videos? i'm sure, you have been. haha. it was some CD talk.

Somehow they even got interviews with Beavan and the director of the trilogy videos. I love stuff like this.

Yep, I was on their show in the early days. They were cool guys to me, so I don't have any problem with them. I just wonder why their site took such a turn. My only guesses are that it's because of a lack of GNR news or they're just trying to be funny.