Slash’s Playing is SIC Right now

Double Talking Jive 

Guitar solo and then Scom and the then the outro wah wah solo at Tijuana’s Gig is insane 

His tone - Harmonics And Just plain shred with a bunch of bending notes and a flurry of scales is a well oiled machine - Cat is getting better and better - 

DAMN 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🎩🤘🤘🤘🔥🎩🤘🔥🤘🎩🤘🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Double Talking Jive 

Guitar solo and then Scom and the then the outro wah wah solo at Tijuana’s Gig is insane 

His tone - Harmonics And Just plain shred with a bunch of bending notes and a flurry of scales is a well oiled machine - Cat is getting better and better - 

DAMN 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🎩🤘🤘🤘🔥🎩🤘🔥🤘🎩🤘🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

I feel the exact opposite way. I love his recent studio solos, he just seems to play like someone else live.

I think we could say Slash and Axl can still be themselves in studio but live, FOR ME, both fail to reproduce what made them immortal.

I still dig GnR live, I love these guys; but I cant help to reckon that I miss both old styles

• Like 1

I thought this was a thread about slash and a radio station called SIC.

A lot of his emotion is sacrificed for shredding or noodling at times, he had more melody and passion in his solos up to 93 than there is now. 

(Fret wanking, is what it’s been referred to in any band I’ve played in)

• Like 1

I like the way he is playing ....But ...in 86-93 he was "often" under the influence ..witch made him more into he's playing ...

More soul back in the day ..... Back in the day he was very soulful ..... So what happened? ...What happened to axl? ... time time time ... 

its a big money machine ... ... 

• Like 1

Huge slash fan hes a massive reason why I play guitar such a cool guy and hes still game in my opinion. But to me he seems to have lost a bit of his signature tone. Not sure if its the new marshall amps or having his tech guy control his effects or the new gibsons but it all sounds more reverby and processed to me but then they do say tone is all in the fingers anyway. 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think Slash is playing awesome.. Take him out of the equation and the shows aren't worth the price of admission.. Even if teh admission was 20 bucks. His blues solo this leg is in incredible.. I was watching the Seeker from the Charlotte show and even that solo kicked ass.. His Rocket Queen solo is much improved over the last couple years.. He still tears the shit out of the Nightrain and PC solos.. Slash is a beast.. That is pretty much the overwhelming consensus from every die hard and casual attending these shows.. People here just suck

I still think he gels  and plays better with his solo band for whatever reason.. Definitely better natural chemistry with them where as with Guns he has to play with the people handed to him. 

I watch a few videos of these guys nightly and Slash is still nothing short of being the fucking man... 

I agree but looking at his records there aren’t many songs that come close to the Snakepit era soul and feel that he’s put out post VR. His playing on illusions and Snakepit were amazing. Back to the moment is a beautiful song on guitar especially the solo. Is there anything he’s done with Myles that comes close to that? Not really it’s completely different. We see glimpses of it such as the end of the one you loved is gone. But even love he noodles around on that and sometimes destroys the heart and feel of the song. 

Slash these days is simply not playing up to his strenghts for whatever reasons as speed&many notes is clearly not his strenght. The most perplexing case is Yesterdays where Slash absolutely sucks compared to Illusions tour, not improvising upon or even just repeating studio version, but just fucking up such relatively short and simple, but great solo is inexcusable.  Improvising upon should sound roughly more something like this Atomic Calm youtuber does from around 1.40 min in the song:

btw, now it is easier to find other youtubers doing great improvs in classic style of Slash, than hearing it from Slash himself:

Edited October 3 by tadskis

Edited by tadskis
clarity

Sloppy and blant, way too much noodling for a guitarist of his talent, taking away from the tone and feel that made him famous. On the other hand I can't blame him. If I had to play the same songs in the exact same order night after night I'd probably be a little bored too. If they ever come up with new songs it will be interesting to see what he comes up with. As of now - boring as fuck.

Gotta disagree... I miss old Slash so much... Slash became a legend because in a time of shredders he was a soulful blues based player. Now he tries to be a full on shredder what is far away from his best at guitar... I just can't figure out why. But to me is so bad that I pratically think he didn't "relearned" his old deep cuts solos and parts... So when these parts comes in a song he just shreds and improvise... What in 90% of the time, is just bad...

I won't even go into the Chinese Songs ... This another story...

Even more I take the Axl quote about Slash not wanting to work that hard to be completely true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tadskis said:

Slash these days is simply not playing up to his strengths for whatever reasons as speed&many notes is clearly not his strenght. The most perplexing case is Yesterdays where Slash absolutely sucks compared to Illusions tour, not improvising upon or even just repeating studio version, but just fucking up such relatively short and simple, but great solo is inexcusable.  Improvising upon should sound roughly more something like this Atomic Calm youtuber does from around 1.40 min in the song:

btw, now it is easier to find other youtubers doing great improvs in classic style of Slash, than hearing it from Slash himself:

Edited October 3 by tadskis

Jesus christ, you have no idea about tone, these are like ducks quacking.

It's fine, you like vanilla, and if anyone dared put anything else on your ice-cream, you;d be upset.

Don't tell everyone you like ice-cream though...

11 minutes ago, Giblet said:

Jesus christ, you have no idea about tone, these are like ducks quacking.

It's fine, you like vanilla, and if anyone dared put anything else on your ice-cream, you;d be upset.

Don't tell everyone you like ice-cream though...

Forget the tone, his point was improvising more within the melodic ideas of the original songs. 

TMAC your posts always have a “I just did a few rails” vibe. Maybe it’s the emojis :). /nightrain whistle

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ant said:

Forget the tone, his point was improvising more within the melodic ideas of the original songs. 

TMAC your posts always have a “I just did a few rails” vibe. Maybe it’s the emojis :). /nightrain whistle

Ive a Frank Zappa "I'm anti drugs" avatar... come on!

I've posted enough of my covers, 15 years ago! Slash adds the notes he wants, because the feeling he got when he wrote the solo, is the feeling he has now, no usurper cover band can say the same,