Slash’s Playing is SIC Right now

18 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

For the record, I think Slash pretty much carries GNR now. I think his playing and tone is just fine. Its faster than it used to be, but he was pretty Increadible when I saw the band in 2016 and 2017. I havent been to a GNR show in a few years, so I cant speak for the moment. 

Same.. Slash carried every show I went too and that was pretty much the consensus I received from all my friends and family that saw shows. Even acquaintance through facebook that were poisting when shows came around. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Same.. Slash carried every show I went too and that was pretty much the consensus I received from all my friends and family that saw shows. Even acquaintance through facebook that were poisting when shows came around. 

I'd agree with this. Now, Axl got a lot of love too. I think overall Slash does a lot for the band, few gripes about the amount of doodling! but overall it's great having the curly one back in the fold!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

56 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd agree with this. Now, Axl got a lot of love too. I think overall Slash does a lot for the band, few gripes about the amount of doodling! but overall it's great having the curly one back in the fold!

The 2016 shows were more "Axl+Slash=Wow" and the 2017 show I saw was more like "Slash ft. Guns N Roses". Axl was still okay in person, but he seemed more worn out and sounded worse than those 2016 shows. 

Either way, I think Slash is easily the best part of reunion era GNR

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

The 2016 shows were more "Axl+Slash=Wow" and the 2017 show I saw was more like "Slash ft. Guns N Roses". Axl was still okay in person, but he seemed more worn out and sounded worse than those 2016 shows. 

Either way, I think Slash is easily the best part of reunion era GNR

Yeah, I'd agree with that! I haven't been blown away by Slash until this leg of the tour though if I'm honest :D 

2 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Robbie Robertson, Keith Richards

Not 1 of those cats are big time Guitar players 

might have been in the early 70s 

Keith plays Rythmn Guitar 

Harrison Played for a boy band 

Clapton had a few decent tunes with cream and he noodled a bunch live 

Don’t know who Robbie Robertson is - so ill give you that 1 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Not big time players?  Have to disagree with that one.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I loved his 30min Rocket Queen version

I also love the extended Rocket Queen, the band sound great on the funky jam portions. For some reason the extended Rocket Queen seems to be unpopular, on here at least.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Honestly I even think a few of his This I Love solos are the best solos ever played for this song.

Uhhh... let's agree to disagree on that one :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

But he never reaches the Paris '92 version...that must be his best performance of that song, and it's relatively short

Or even the Tokyo 92 or 93 versions.. At least the intros in my opinion.. They all seem too fast without much of a groove.. 

49 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I also love the extended Rocket Queen, the band sound great on the funky jam portions. For some reason the extended Rocket Queen seems to be unpopular, on here at least.

I love extended Rocket Queens too. I don't really care for the way this lineup plays the funky part either or the Fortus solos still but I have no problem with them jamming it out.  But I have no problem watching the 30 minute SMKC versions either \m/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

But he never reaches the Paris '92 version...that must be his best performance of that song, and it's relatively short

Or Chile '92.  Or Paris '93.  Those were the days his tone was absolutely killer.  Now he sounds all flat because he insists on using his godawful signature equipment.

5 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

:rofl-lol:

Are you serious? Harrison, Richards, and Clapton are far more important to guitar than Slash. That isn't even debatable

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I can't understand what to discuss about it. Most people I talked to at concerts were blown away by his performance. So the casual fan seems to like his playing while many on here, the hardcore fans, seem to be disappointed. 

At the end there's nothing to argue about it. If you don't like it you don't like it.

I think he's still incredible. I love his playing. I loved his 30min Rocket Queen version and I was in awe during his crazy 10min Wicked Stone solo. Honestly I even think a few of his This I Love solos are the best solos ever played for this song. I know... very unpopular opinion but it is what it is... nobody can convince me wrong because it's all my personal taste.

I agree with TiL. Robins original is phenominal, one of the best solos recorded under the gnr name. Some of Slashs versions during 2016 were amazing. I wish he kept that up. I think he got bored with the song in 2017

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Robbie Robertson, Keith Richards

George Harrison is just an OK guitar player (not talking about his songwriting so back off alright!!!)

Eric Clapton is a massive dork (Come at me Bro!!!)

Keith Richards is a rhythm guitar player so a completely different topic (Lets compare him to Izzy - that should be fun!)

Robbie Robertson ( You mean THE Robbie Robertson, the man, the legend?? - Never heard of him)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1