How long do you think NITL tour will be

How many years will this tour go on until they stop it?  I think with the same setlist or slight changes of maybe 5 songs  , selling out shows still, and the band and staff on autopilot, it will run until 2021. That is too far to say. How they can tour for example this fall, it is not months on the road away from their homes and real lives. They have some weeks of shows and then big breaks. They are touring South America for early 2020.  NITLT 2016 to 2021. 5 and a half years.

Edited by Amaya
Edit to use a better word

Until they cant sell any more tixs the last few EU shows Oslo Goth Iceland sold well also DL UK was an insane day out prob 1 the best days ive ever had. They are making $$$$€€€€£££  & im sure now they seen how much money there is too be made they will drop a new album & tour its perfect business sense.

Also im sure there maybe EU 2020 cos people will go

Who knows. While I’d love to see them change it up a bit and do a different tour, different stage, different songs, I’ll still keep going as they are playing. Who knows how many more times they’ll play in general, we should all enjoy it while it lasts. I’d say that your timeline certainly seems possible though. 

• Like 1

Guns N Roses with Axl and Slash will always sell out huge shows. They could easily do Europe again next summer if they want. Another run of Australia/New Zealand and Asia.

The band don’t even need new music. In fact, most fans outside the hardcore wouldn’t even want new music in the set. 

Fortus says before christmas, that there is a very big change for a new Guns N' Roses song before touring in march.

When the time goes by, Slash gives an interview, where he shares the same old info of band doing some recording. Hoping, that they can share something for the fans in the near future. Band plays the same setlist again in this next mini-tour.

And the cycle will continue over and over again...

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Guns N Roses with Axl and Slash will always sell out huge shows. They could easily do Europe again next summer if they want. Another run of Australia/New Zealand and Asia.

The band don’t even need new music. In fact, most fans outside the hardcore wouldn’t even want new music in the set. 

I agree to a certain point. I keep seeing more and more "new music please" posts in their social media, and they aren't hardcore fans. I think there's huge demand for a new record, but yeah as you said, the will still sell-out stadiums and arenas no matter what.

So if we do get a new album, it's because they really want to do it, for artistical reasons or whatever. They don't need to.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

NITL ends today. March will bring one or two new tunes, and we'll see the new album eventually. Possibly in 2021. Maybe they'll release a DVD finally. 

I know, I know... that's the ridiculously optimistic scenario, but why the hell not. Hangover attenuates sarcasm. 

Edited by jamillos

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Bring back Sorum and Izzy and record Use Your Illusion III for release in 2021

Down By the Ocean

Atlas Shrugged

Studio version of Wichita Linemen

Eye on You

Silkworms

Hard School

State of Grace

Berlin

Soul Monster

The General

With 2 extra bonus songs, bhs and the seeker live from nitl.

They need to end the NITLT tour and refresh with a new name. At least make us think we're getting a different tour for our money

17 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Bring back Sorum and Izzy and record Use Your Illusion III for release in 2021

Down By the Ocean

Atlas Shrugged

Studio version of Wichita Linemen

Eye on You

Silkworms

Hard School

State of Grace

Berlin

Soul Monster

The General

Good idea except for Wichita. Please no more covers! And Wichita is awful. 

I think it finally concludes tonight. If the rumors are to be believed, there's a new album coming by the end of March, so there's no reason to call the next tour "Not In This Lifetime", right?

Sure, in the eyes of most fans, it dragged on for too long with generally repeated set lists. Still, it was just about four years ago when we learned that Axl and Slash had mended fences, which led to the speculation that there could be a reunion. Something that seemed impossible for so many years. So, when you look at it that way, every time they take the stage together, it is a gift.

• Like 2

I still have hope we'll see a new album next year, Slash has talked about the band having ideas so who knows, they could re recorded Chinese outtakes, and some new ones, should be easy to head to the studio end of the month and record up till sometime early next year, release a single early March before the South American tour, record out in April or May. I know this seems like a stretch, since it took 10 years for Chinese to come out, but the 2 reasons why it took a decade would be the record company wanted Slash to come back so they held back the record, and that one producer who said Axl only had a few good songs, since if you were in Axls shoes and someone told you that out of like 50 songs you only had 3 good ones, no shit you would want to work on it more - eventhough that guy was wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Who knows when it will end. Maybe several years before the start of the, "Use Your Appetite for Not in this Lifetime Democracy tour," starts... LOL

In all seriousness, It probably will not be long. They are working on new material.

Is it bad that I actually think that “Use Your Appetite For Democracy” is a good tour name? :lol:

• Haha 1

TBH I thought the last run of shows was them scraping the barrel, but this tour proves that there is still a lot of people happy to go out and watch this show, some for the first time others for the 10th time. A year ago I'd have said there's no chance of the NITL tour running into 2020, but we already know that they have concert plans for next year already... I have no idea when this tour ends, but I'd happily see it end this year, but if it's all wrapped up officially by the summer then I'll take it, but it's a joke to be on a reunion tour for nigh on 4 years though. I think the best move was to leave SOME money on the table, hurry into a studio and capitalise and then continue touring and ride off into the sunset... they obviously chose option B. take it all now, and maybe do something and some point with music. 

I know Slash has said there's work happening, but I can't have great trust in the results... I mean how great can this record turn out if they aren't even focussing all their energies on it? This is a big record, and from the outside looking in; it comes across like business as usual.

• Like 1

They might as well go for the record that Ed Sheeran broke a couple of months ago. Counting this leg and another 3-4 legs, can break the record and then focus on the next record. Although I feel when Guns releases that next record I feel they could have another three-four year tour to support that album.