How long do you think NITL tour will be

19 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I believe it will continue until

1) The money stops coming in

2) Slash & Duff get tired of the same shit night after night, with no NEW music in sight.

1) There are to many fans who want to see a show. This band could make a three year long residency in Las Vegas and would still sell out most of the gigs. 

2) Slash has SMKC and Duff has Loaded. There's no reason for them to wait for a new GN'R album, because they have their own projects. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

It could continue for many years. I don’t see it ending anytime soon. Axl has said very little (if anything) in regards to a new album. The tour sells out anyways, most of the casuals will attend over and over for fun. They’re essentially a touring/legacy band now. Axl creatively retired after the release of Chinese.

Another couple of hours, if they have another tour I am guessing it is going to have a different name

Maybe they will be like Bob Dylan and have a "never ending tour" and just call it NITL 

Edited by k12

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

They also said Hawaii was the last show. Now last night was the last show. Hard to take them at their word

In this case though they already have shows announced in March, which wasn't the case with the Hawaii show. Seems a bit silly to tell everyone the tour is over if they already have shows announced in March, unless it really is the end of the NITL tour and they consider the future shows separate.

Might be a bit ambitious, but if the Fernando reddit account is to be believed, we can expect a new album in March, which I think would correspond with the next show. Maybe they're saying it's the end of the NITL because the next shows are about promoting the new album as opposed to the reunion. Or one can hope.

Just now, registra said:

In this case though they already have shows announced in March, which wasn't the case with the Hawaii show. Seems a bit silly to tell everyone the tour is over if they already have shows announced in March, unless it really is the end of the NITL tour and they consider the future shows separate.

Might be a bit ambitious, but if the Fernando reddit account is to be believed, we can expect a new album in March, which I think would correspond with the next show. Maybe they're saying it's the end of the NITL because the next shows are about promoting the new album as opposed to the reunion. Or one can hope.

It doesn't matter. If they, on the March shows, play the same setlist that they've been playing this last month, then it's still NITL. It doens't matter if the shirts they are selling say "Southamerican tour" instead of "Not In This Lifetime tour".

Unless they debut new material and/or they completely rework the setlist, then it's still going to be considered NITL tour.

6 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It doesn't matter. If they, on the March shows, play the same setlist that they've been playing this last month, then it's still NITL. It doens't matter if the shirts they are selling say "Southamerican tour" instead of "Not In This Lifetime tour".

Unless they debut new material and/or they completely rework the setlist, then it's still going to be considered NITL tour.

That’s what I mean yeah. They’re  not calling it the NITL cause as opposed to NITL playing greatest hits so to speak, they’ll be focusing on new material from the album in the March shows, considering Fernando allegedly said the new album will be out in March 

7 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Slash has just tweeted, calling it the end of the NITLT. Take with a huge pile of salt like but, it could mean a rebrand for SA next year.

They've said the end of the NITL tour before, and somehow it keeps coming back for more. It's like Jason form Halloween.

2 hours ago, registra said:

Ha! Sorry but unless the GNR that we have come to know over the last 30+ years have been replaced, there's almost no chance that we're getting a new album in March. I don't think Fernando knows his arse from his elbow. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is all it amounted to in the end, going around the world forevermore like Barry Manilow playing the hits. Appetite, Illusions, ''most dangerous band in the world'', and this is where they ended up. My gawd! 

"The most dangerous band in the world" was a term created by the press and a constant source of embarrassment and denial to the band members. It is a bit sad that parts of the fan base seem to think the band branded itself that way, and now throws the quote around whenever they feel the band disappoints them and aren't "cool" enough to their taste. 

• Like 2