NITL is over, finito?

I hope it’s over and they move on. NITL was great in its spirit, but this year’s dates were completely senseless (although I personally loved the SLC show). Everything about it felt lazy - the same setlist, the tour stage and videos were unchanged, the merch was terrible with typos, lithos had no creativity and some were just MSFT Paint bad, no interaction with the crowd, no interviews. 

I am hopeful much of this is corrected in 2020. They have to. I don’t see Slash playing this monotonous role forever 

Edited by nycgunner

Without new material and/or a touring break for at least two or three years any future tour will be considered as part of the NITL tour, even if they rename it.

Remember 91-93 where massive set list changes happened from year to year, the structure of the shows was different each year and various names had been given for various legs (Get in the Ring, Skin and Bones etc.). In the end it all was still the UYI tour. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Without new material and/or a touring break for at least two or three years any future tour will be considered as part of the NITL tour, even if they rename it.

Remember 91-93 where massive set list changes happened from year to year, the structure of the shows was different each year and various names had been given for various legs (Get in the Ring, Skin and Bones etc.). In the end it all was still the UYI tour. 

What was the longest inactive gap on the UYI tour?

14 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Well, keeping the name NITL wouldn't be a problem as long as they did what you've just described concerning the individual legs during UYI...

Edited by jamillos

23 hours ago, NorwayIllusion said:

Does Jarmos/HTGTH fb-post right noe saying that NITL-tour has come to an end. As in end of the whole NITL? Something New from now on,? 

That's how I see it, and with the next tour being a new cycle to promote something else. But then I'm a pretty positive person :)

Disclaimer: I’m very pessimistic about any new releases. 

Now, IF in fact the NITL tour is over and they release a BR for Christmas (I find this impossible) wouldn’t a single to accompany make sense to go with it? Instead of the rumors of March 2020?

On 05/11/2019 at 2:30 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

A good giveaway could be if we get a Blu-ray of the tour for Christmas (which is also heavily rumored).

They won’t release it unless NITL is truly over.

If that was a thing then it would announced by now, with teaser videos uploaded for promo. If they release a concert film they want the max amount of people to know about it and buy it in the first week. This isn't coming out in some surprise drop in the middle of the night. GNRs blu ray won't be home for Christmas, oh ho no!

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, soon said:

I hope for a new tour with new video and light shows but with the same stage and stuff. Because perfectly good things shouldnt be discarded, imho. 

Perfectly good things shouldn't be discarded, true. Years and years later, when perfectly good things become perfectly old and used things, then you have to discard. in my book NITL and the show (including stage, lighting, set list) are all turning 4yrs old soon, in normal human years that's nothing! in touring years that's a lifetime. It's time for a complete overhaul.

I guarantee that the the stages for next years announced gigs will be the same. When they finally release new music, then they might change things up a bit to go with whatever artwork they use.

Also, the tour is not over. When they stop announcing shows, then the tour will be over. Whether they use the title NITL or not, it's all the same thing. NITL will go away when there's a new album. Who thought in 2015 that we'd get the majority of GNR back together and the thing we'd be talking about is 'When will the tour end'. That's when you know you've toured too much. 3yrs old solid touring was enough and then some.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

On 5-11-2019 at 10:00 AM, NorwayIllusion said:

Does Jarmos/HTGTH fb-post right noe saying that NITL-tour has come to an end. As in end of the whole NITL? Something New from now on,? 

From now on they're calling it the "This Will Last A Lifetime" tour. 

Also, fun fact, "Not In this Lifetime" was actually a reference to when they were going to release a new album. 

20 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Slash is a workaholic, and I think the fact that his schedule is pretty much clear for the foreseeable future is the best indicator that they are serious about putting out...something...be it an album or EP. 

Oh, Slash Will put a New EP out... With Myles.

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Perfectly good things shouldn't be discarded, true. Years and years later, when perfectly good things become perfectly old and used things, then you have to discard. in my book NITL and the show (including stage, lighting, set list) are all turning 4yrs old soon, in normal human years that's nothing! in touring years that's a lifetime. It's time for a complete overhaul.

I guarantee that the the stages for next years announced gigs will be the same. When they finally release new music, then they might change things up a bit to go with whatever artwork they use.

Also, the tour is not over. When they stop announcing shows, then the tour will be over. Whether they use the title NITL or not, it's all the same thing. NITL will go away when there's a new album. Who thought in 2015 that we'd get the majority of GNR back together and the thing we'd be talking about is 'When will the tour end'. That's when you know you've toured too much. 3yrs old solid touring was enough and then some.

I agree with what youre saying in spirit. And I am more than ready for a new tour with something fresh. Im bored of this tour! Actually while I wouldnt complain about the videos, they didnt really excite me either. I liked the lighting for the most part though.

I was speaking more from an angle of ecological concern. Both the carbon foot print and the idea of 'throw away culture.' Id really want a whole new light show and videos, just without having to buy new stuff or toss stuff/store stuff indefinitely. Based on the 5 "R's" Refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, re-purpose

Im sure that sometimes bands stages are sold to other bands, but not regularly at this massive scale. Insta would light up with "is Metallica using GNRs old stage??" To me thats something that the industry could do better at - Maybe the same stages could have lots of different configurations so they look new for each tour?

Who knows, maybe (eco friendly) trains will be the norm for touring, with tracks getting close enough to major venues (as many already do). And bands commonly owning train-car-ready shipping containers that can attach on to trains to haul their gear. The band and crew travel onboard too. Food from local farmers along the route is prepared by the chefs in the dinning cars. All that jazz.

I bet they could do amazing things with he same gear and make it fresh? Theres probably software updates on the lights and vids too?

On 11/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

Axl thinks the same. Not for the people that will be going to the same-setlist-no-new-song shows in 2020,2021,2022,2023...

Congratulations! As a TB Model-Fan you just won a brand new GNR laundry bag!

Bro, please shut up. I went to two shows this year. Heard different songs on each show, and it was also a different set list from the 2017 dates I went to. 

On 11/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, sofine11 said:

Slash is a workaholic, and I think the fact that his schedule is pretty much clear for the foreseeable future is the best indicator that they are serious about putting out...something...be it an album or EP. 

Or they'll announce another Conspirators project. What is Alter Bridge doing in the foreseeable future?

Dizzy Reed is supposedly hitting the road with Hookers N Blow in November and December. *sigh*

Edited by GnR Chris

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Or they'll announce another Conspirators project. What is Alter Bridge doing in the foreseeable future?

Dizzy Reed is supposedly hitting the road with Hookers N Blow in November and December. *sigh*

I actually remember reading an interview that SMKC IV is in the planning stages

1 hour ago, soon said:

I agree with what youre saying in spirit. And I am more than ready for a new tour with something fresh. Im bored of this tour! Actually while I wouldnt complain about the videos, they didnt really excite me either. I liked the lighting for the most part though.

I was speaking more from an angle of ecological concern. Both the carbon foot print and the idea of 'throw away culture.' Id really want a whole new light show and videos, just without having to buy new stuff or toss stuff/store stuff indefinitely. Based on the 5 "R's" Refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, re-purpose

Im sure that sometimes bands stages are sold to other bands, but not regularly at this massive scale. Insta would light up with "is Metallica using GNRs old stage??" To me thats something that the industry could do better at - Maybe the same stages could have lots of different configurations so they look new for each tour?

Who knows, maybe (eco friendly) trains will be the norm for touring, with tracks getting close enough to major venues (as many already do). And bands commonly owning train-car-ready shipping containers that can attach on to trains to haul their gear. The band and crew travel onboard too. Food from local farmers along the route is prepared by the chefs in the dinning cars. All that jazz.

I bet they could do amazing things with he same gear and make it fresh? Theres probably software updates on the lights and vids too?

Oh I'm all for the eco idea! It would be incredibly wasteful to throw it out in its entirety.

• GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Exactly. When Slash announces something, then it's probably time to worry. Until then, his clear slate may be the best indicator that there's studio plans for Guns. 

• Like 1