Setlist for 2020

I don't even care if they add more songs. Them doing Coma nearly every night, plus adding Locomotive and Dead Horse here and there? Good by me. 

I just wish to hell they would change things up is all. Truly work without a setlist, don't just claim that you don't use a setlist. 

Walk out, open with whatever in the fuck you feel like and take it from there. At the very least, it'd be amazing to see them do a Crowes or Stripes thing and write the setlist 10 minutes before they go on stage. 

It would go a REALLY long way to take the stale feeling out of the whole show. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just wish to hell they would change things up is all. Truly work without a setlist, don't just claim that you don't use a setlist. 

They said that don’t use a setlist? If true their absolutely full of crap 

I don’t even really have an issue with the setlist, my problem is more about wanting to hear new music (Hard School would’ve been a perfect start)

A few suggestions/pipe dreams for a show with some class instead of that fucking broadway revue...

Welcome To The Jungle - it's THE ultimate opener and just feels wasted anywhere else in the set

Mr. Brownstone

You Could Be Mine - play it early when the voice is warm but not tired yet

Paradise City - catching everyone off guard and bulding tension playing it so early and then Axl leaving the stage (!!!) for:

- Duff Solo - transitioning into (punk!) covers:

You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

Attitude

Nice Boys (Axl is back...with Izzy!)

Down On The Farm

Civil War

Breakdown

Estranged/Locomotive/Coma (rotation)

- big ass Axl rant (blabber about the weather if it helps but please do these speeches again, it's not a real GNR show without em!)

Dead Horse

Better

- Slash solo going into:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Patience

Encore:

November Rain

- while piano is moved Axl introduces Steven Adler for the grande finale:

It's So Easy

Nightrain

Outta Get Me

Rocket Queen

Now that be a show I'd leave the house for. As for NITL of now - get the fuck outta here.

58 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They said that don’t use a setlist? If true their absolutely full of crap 

I don’t even really have an issue with the setlist, my problem is more about wanting to hear new music (Hard School would’ve been a perfect start)

Axl used to say it back in the 90s. DJ said it a lot during his run and Fortus used to say it too. It's always been hilarious to me each time it gets said. 

• Haha 2

I fear the day GNR becomes (or goes back) to being the Rolling Stones, Metallica and others who do their standard 18 -20 song setlist and call it a night, we have been spoiled with these 25-30 song set lists, yea there are alot of covers and songs alot of people do not want to hear, but their shows always seem epic and I do not think anyone goes away disappointed 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, k12 said:

I fear the day GNR becomes (or goes back) to being the Rolling Stones, Metallica and others who do their standard 18 -20 song setlist and call it a night, we have been spoiled with these 25-30 song set lists, yea there are alot of covers and songs alot of people do not want to hear, but their shows always seem epic and I do not think anyone goes away disappointed 

I'd prefer a great 2~ hour show over a bloated 3.5 hour show honestly... they could easily cut the set down to 'all killer no filler' and have a set that Axl can mostly sing well.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr Brownstone
4. Chinese Democracy
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Live And Let Die
7. Shadow Of Your Love
8. Slither
9. You Could Be Mine
10. So Fine
11. Down On The Farm
12. Locomotive (extended outro solo?)
13. Sweet Child O' Mine
14. November Rain
15. Dead Horse
16. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
17. Nightrain

Encore:
18. You Ain't The First
19. Patience
20. Paradise City

Throw in Wichita Lineman, Madagascar, Don't Cry, or maybe The Garden if they really want to extend the show.

25 Songs Assuming no new material

1. Its So Easy
  2. Chinese Democracy
  3. You Could Be Mine
  4. Think About You
  5. Locomotive
  6. Prostitute
  7. Shadow Of Your Love
  8. Mr. Brownstone
  9. Estranged
  10. Move To The City [Acoustic]
  11. Patience [Acoustic]
  12. Dead Horse
  13. Coma
  14. Madagasgar
  15. Double Talkin Jive [Extended Outro Solo segues into Sweet Child O Mine'
  16. Sweet Child O Mine
  17. November Rain
  18. Rocket Queen
  19. Welcome To The Jungle
  20. Paradise City
  21. Civil War [Encore]
  22. Don't Cry [Encore]
  23. My Michelle [Encore]
  24. Out Ta Get Me [Encore]
  25. Nightrain [Encore] 

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd prefer a great 2~ hour show over a bloated 3.5 hour show honestly... they could easily cut the set down to 'all killer no filler' and have a set that Axl can mostly sing well.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr Brownstone
4. Chinese Democracy
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Live And Let Die
7. Shadow Of Your Love
8. Slither
9. You Could Be Mine
10. So Fine
11. Down On The Farm
12. Locomotive (extended outro solo?)
13. Sweet Child O' Mine
14. November Rain
15. Dead Horse
16. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
17. Nightrain

Encore:
18. You Ain't The First
19. Patience
20. Paradise City

Throw in Wichita Lineman, Madagascar, Don't Cry, or maybe The Garden if they really want to extend the show.

that is never going to happen, if they ever go to the standard 20 song set list you can forget about hear alot of those songs ever again, I am guessing it is going to be a standard "greatest hits"/cover thing any maybe have a rotation for 1 or 2 "deep cuts"(DTJ,Coma, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Out to Get Me , My Michelle etc.) every show

Shadow of your love

It's so easy

Jungle (no long intro)

Double talkin' jive

14 years

Yesterdays 

Street of Dreams

Patience

Move to the city (Slash/band solo)

Sweet child

November rain 

Heavens door (give me some reggae version)

Live and let die

Out ta get me

Garden of eden

Dust n bones 

Rocket queen (no long solo)

Attitude 

YCBM

Madagascar

PC

-----

Since I don't have you

Pretty tied up

I feel good

My Michelle 

The garden 

Nightrain

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I don't even care if they add more songs. Them doing Coma nearly every night, plus adding Locomotive and Dead Horse here and there? Good by me. 

Walk out, open with whatever in the fuck you feel like and take it from there. At the very least, it'd be amazing to see them do a Crowes or Stripes thing and write the setlist 10 minutes before they go on stage. 

It would go a REALLY long way to take the stale feeling out of the whole show. 

This👆☝️👆☝️👆☝️👆 I'll even sit through Coma! 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, k12 said:

that is never going to happen, if they ever go to the standard 20 song set list you can forget about hear alot of those songs ever again, I am guessing it is going to be a standard "greatest hits"/cover thing any maybe have a rotation for 1 or 2 "deep cuts"(DTJ,Coma, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Out to Get Me , My Michelle etc.) every show

I don't think that's a likely setlist, but it would be pretty much perfect for this line-up of the band. I wouldn't complain if they dropped RQ, Civil War, Estranged or Coma... but I'm sure plenty of other people would complain :lol:

49 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think that's a likely setlist, but it would be pretty much perfect for this line-up of the band. I wouldn't complain if they dropped RQ, Civil War, Estranged or Coma... but I'm sure plenty of other people would complain :lol:

Estranged is my favourite Guns song but the way they play it, I'd be ok with them resting it. TBH if Axl sang it better it would be a set highlight, but he just doesn't.

• Like 2

[O Fortuna from tape]

1. Nightrain - The 10 min long Jungle intro completely kills the mood, they need to start the show off like a train!

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Live And Let Die

4. It's So Easy

5. Welcome To The Jungle

6. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory / (Attitude / New Rose / Believe In Me) - Duff's solo spot

7. So Fine

8. Chinese Democracy

9. Estranged or This I Love or Madagascar or Prostitute or Locomotive

10. My Michelle 

11. Better or Think About You

12. Civil War or Estranged or Locomotive or Coma

Bring Couch Out, begin acoustic set

13. You Ain't The First

14. You're Crazy

15. Used To Love Her through Slash's solo, then start 14 Years at the third verse with the UTLH melody - Axl on lead for UTLH part, then shares it with Duff for the 14 Years part

16. I Was Only Joking / Patience

17. Madagascar or Promise or Starlight or Saint Is A Sinner Too - Slash's solo stuff needs love too

18. November Rain - Skin N' Bones version

Back to Electric

19. Out Ta Get Me

20. Slash Guitar Solo / Sweet Child O' Mine

21. Shadow Of Your Love

22. Dead Horse

23. Hard School

Encore:

24. Anxious Disease or War Pigs or Slither or Coma

25. Knockin' On Heavens Door (shortened version)

26. Paradise City

I left a lot of alternate options in the set, to be picked and chosen as the band pleases. Throw some Axl rants in there too, pissed off Axl needs to stay off of Twitter and firmly on stage

• Like 1

Hoping for something completely different this time around, though keeping some staples of course.

1. Hard School
2. Nightrain
3. It's So Easy
4. Soul Monster
5. Dead Horse
6. Sweet Child O Mine
7. Mr. Brownstone
8. November Rain
9. Locomotive
10. Zodiac
11. Oklahoma
12. Patience
13. Used To Love Her
14. Pretty Tied Up
15. Tonto
16. Civil War
17. The Rebel
18. Prom Violence
19. Welcome To The Jungle
20. Rocket Queen

21. Chinese Democracy
22. Don't Cry
23. Atlas Shrugged
24. Estranged
25. Paradise City

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I wouldn't complain if they dropped RQ, Civil War, Estranged or Coma... but I'm sure plenty of other people would complain :lol:

I would.. I think COMA has run its course but I would still never mind them playing it. I just don't see ho any Guns fan wouldn't want to see Estranged, Rocket Queen or Civil War.. Those are 3 of the bands all time greatest songs.. I am always blown away when I see stuff like that.  Excluding TSI the band only released 50 songs back in the day.  I would assume that if fans are that into them that they are still posting on a forum in 2019 that you liked almost all of their classic catalog. I literally loved/liked every song they released prior to TSI and still do! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Estranged is my favourite Guns song but the way they play it, I'd be ok with them resting it. TBH if Axl sang it better it would be a set highlight, but he just doesn't.

His voice just is what it is these days.. I think he sounds good on most of it but Mickey's some of it. That is the case with almost every song they play though these days. For me that is offset by Slash's guitar and the Piano parts.  Estranged is always a highlight for me. 

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They don't have an issue with the ISE lyrics because of that ridiculous bullshit Duff made up last year about how they were joking. 

Thats right, i remember duff being a pussy and  distancing himself from the lyrics as if he really wanted to say "i didnt right those  lyrics so dont judge me".

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

His voice just is what it is these days.. I think he sounds good on most of it but Mickey's some of it. That is the case with almost every song they play though these days. For me that is offset by Slash's guitar and the Piano parts.  Estranged is always a highlight for me. 

I can't hear it as anything but a collective. I enjoy Slash's parts, and the piano is still excellent... but when I hear Mickey singing about jumping in the river, it just doesn't do it for me. Some songs the Mickey is ok, others it just doesn't work... well not for me at least. He is grand right up to "When I find out all the reasons" onwards, the verses before that are Axl singing in his low voice, which! he can still do in his sleep. It's just lacking power more than anything, it's a really hollow vocal, hitting all the notes, holding them but the body just isn't there. And I'm not talking about rasp, the original studio version isn't actually that raspy; that came in the live versions. I don't mind his clean voice, but it needs more power. It's almost completely unrecognisable if you AB it with the studio voice. 

Welcome to the Jungle 

It's so Easy 

Mr. Brownstone 

Chinese Democracy 

Double Talkin Jive 

Coma/Locomotive 

James Bond (4tus Solo) 

Live And Let Die 

Better 

Godfather (Slash Solo) 

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' On Heavens Door 

You Could Be Mine 

Ziggy Stardust (Dizzy Solo) 

Street of Dreams/Catcher in the Rye 

My Michelle 

November Rain 

Patience

Nightrain 

Encore 

Madagascar 

The Seeker

Paradise City 

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would.. I think COMA has run its course but I would still never mind them playing it. I just don't see ho any Guns fan wouldn't want to see Estranged, Rocket Queen or Civil War.. Those are 3 of the bands all time greatest songs.. I am always blown away when I see stuff like that.  Excluding TSI the band only released 50 songs back in the day.  I would assume that if fans are that into them that they are still posting on a forum in 2019 that you liked almost all of their classic catalog. I literally loved/liked every song they released prior to TSI and still do! 

RQ and Civil War just don't sound very good most of the time now, same with Estranged even tho Slash almost saves that one. But if they were gonna alter the setlist I wouldn't mind them dropping or swapping those. I'd say drop YCBM too but they kinda have to keep that one. The album versions of those songs are great but the current live performances? Nah. They could do a really great 2.5 hour set but it wouldn't include those songs, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I can't hear it as anything but a collective. I enjoy Slash's parts, and the piano is still excellent... but when I hear Mickey singing about jumping in the river, it just doesn't do it for me. Some songs the Mickey is ok, others it just doesn't work... well not for me at least. He is grand right up to "When I find out all the reasons" onwards, the verses before that are Axl singing in his low voice, which! he can still do in his sleep. It's just lacking power more than anything, it's a really hollow vocal, hitting all the notes, holding them but the body just isn't there. And I'm not talking about rasp, the original studio version isn't actually that raspy; that came in the live versions. I don't mind his clean voice, but it needs more power. It's almost completely unrecognisable if you AB it with the studio voice. 

There have definitely been times when watching the youtube videos that I will shut it off due to his voice.. But then other times that I enjoy the whole thing.  Never an issue while at the actual show though. I am singing along and too into it to give a fuck \m/

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There have definitely been times when watching the youtube videos that I will shut it off due to his voice.. But then other times that I enjoy the whole thing.  Never an issue while at the actual show though. I am singing along and too into it to give a fuck \m/

Oh I agree, at the show I'm all in! singing and helping the auld fella out! 

It's not bad all the time, but the really good versions are slimmer on the ground, but as you said it's not exclusive to Estranged.... as fi that's to make GNR fans feel better about all of this :rofl-lol:

My dream setlist would look something like this:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. It's So Easy

3. Double Talkin Jive

4. Oh My God

5. Atlas Shrugged

6. 14 Years

7. You Could Be Mine

8. There Was A Time

9. Coma

10. Slither

11. Sweet Child O Mine

12. Perhaps

13. Shadow Of Your Love

14. Down On The Farm

15. You're Crazy (acoustic)

16. This I Love

17. Out Ta Get Me

18. Hard School

19. Live N' Let Die

20. November Rain

21. Nightrain

22. Pretty Tied Up

23. Chinese Democracy

24. New Song

25. Nice Boys

26. Prostitute

27. Paradise City

Assuming they aren't actually going to change any of the songs they play, and insist on having a cover in the encore:

1.      Nightrain

2.      Mr Brownstone

3.      Better

4.      YCBM

5.      DTJ

6.      Rocket Queen

7.      Attitude

8.      Coma/Locomotive

9.      Don’t Cry

10.   Civil War

11.   SOYL

12.   KOHD