Setlist for 2020

10 hours ago, k12 said:

Hey guys, This is my wish setlist for 2020!!!!

Looney Tunes / Presentation Intro

1. Shadow of Your Love
  2. Nightrain
  3. Yesterdays
  4. Mr. Brownstone
  5. Chinese Democracy 
  6. It's So Easy
  7. Welcome to the Jungle 
  8. Double Talkin Jive
  9. Better
  10. Think About You
  11. Live and Let Die
  12. So Fine
  13. New Rose or Attitude (You Can't Put Your Arms Around Your Memory Intro)
  14. You Could Be Mine
  15. Rocket Queen
  16. Civil War
  17. Used to Love Her
  18. Dead Horse
  19. Locomotive (Band Introductions)
  20. Slash Guitar Solo
  21. Sweet Child O Mine
  22. Don't Cry
  23. My Michelle
  24. November Rain (It's Alright Intro)
  25. Down on the Farm 
  26. Knocking On Heavens Door (Only Women Bleed Intro)
  27. Pretty Tied Up
  28. ENCORE BREAK
  29. Patience (Jam)
  30. Madagascar
  31. Hardschool
  32. The Seeker
  33. Paradise City (Mother Intro)

Edited by muzzay1130

With all the hits over the past 30+ years, so many options to appease everyone in the crowd.  It's very exciting to just thing of the possibilities of next years setlist.  I think now that Axl is clearly on top of his game and giving us his best and Frank is just getting into his peak, maybe they can drop the few covers that they play at each show do and really make their move.

Seriously, a good start would be if they would mix up the order of the songs each night a little bit even if they play the exact same songs each show.

Second, they should delete all those ridiculous background videos with immediate effect. I think they are another reason why there is zero improvisation in the setlist and no song can make the setlist at short notice. „Hey guys, lets play Dead Horse tonight. I think we can do it.“ „Cool. Great idea ... but wait a minute ... we cannot do it. We need a video with a burning horse first.“  „Damn you’re right right. Then let us just play ... got it, Welcome to the Jungle.“ 

Really, no offense but those videos are just so american anyways and are obviously just meant to please the american average Joe who is asking for an „entertaining show“. I think you know what I mean.  

In Europe no one expects such bullshit animations, at least in terms of a rockband. Its more like: set up the stage and get the goddamn band on to just blow the roof ... just  like the UYI shows. They were pure even if they happened in the biggest arenas of the world. No we are talking a „show act“, nothing more and nothing less. And this is just sad because this „show act“ character could be banned easily by just showing a little bit intention to improvise.   

• Like 4

3 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Seriously, a good start would be if they would mix up the order of the songs each night a little bit even if they play the exact same songs each show.

Second, they should delete all those ridiculous background videos with immediate effect. I think they are another reason why there is zero improvisation in the setlist and no song can make the setlist at short notice. „Hey guys, lets play Dead Horse tonight. I think we can do it.“ „Cool. Great idea ... but wait a minute ... we cannot do it. We need a video with a burning horse first.“  „Damn you’re right right. Then let us just play ... got it, Welcome to the Jungle.“ 

Really, no offense but those videos are just so american anyways and are obviously just meant to please the american average Joe who is asking for an „entertaining show“. I think you know what I mean.  

In Europe no one expects such bullshit animations, at least in terms of a rockband. Its more like: set up the stage and get the goddamn band on to just blow the roof ... just  like the UYI shows. They were pure even if they happened in the biggest arenas of the world. No we are talking a „show act“, nothing more and nothing less. And this is just sad because this „show act“ character could be banned easily by just showing a little bit intention to improvise.   

I was just saying the same thing yesterday about them simply changing up the order. If they played the same songs every night, but just switched up the order, it would go a long way to make the shows seem less robotic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Exactly this, also add getting rid of the pyros as well. Slash has already jumped off the screen at the front of the stage 175 times on WTTJ to be on time with the pyros on the tour just let the guy be where he feels like he wants to be at that point of the song.

I think the set list is fine and can’t ask for much more especially if your at a show but it would just be nice to see the band mix the order of the songs about from time to time. Just a wee bit of improvising now and again would make a difference I think. 

• Like 1

UYI Tour was a "show act" by itself. The screens showed all the gig like a bluray. The cameras crew rocked so much.

... why we are talking about this???? The Lollapalooza wouldnt allow this NITL screens??? Or just is too hard to make/built up the stage in very short time? (2 days).

Personally.... with a good screens showin the gig like it will on TV/Internet would be good. 

Get back the killersperm monster! 😂

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

Why do you guys keep insisting on "Better"? Maybe in 2016, maybe. But now... 

Better is one of my all time favourite gnr songs.... the studio version and the versions from 2006/2010. After that the performances of it have been mixed. 2016 onwards have been even more mixed, the feel is far too pushed and the polished/tight sound that made the song great is gone and so is its charm. Not to mention that the vocal has lost all its power and swagger. Has no place on the set at the moment.  #MBGA 

3 hours ago, axlvai said:

UYI Tour was a "show act" by itself. The screens showed all the gig like a bluray. The cameras crew rocked so much.

... why we are talking about this???? The Lollapalooza wouldnt allow this NITL screens??? Or just is too hard to make/built up the stage in very short time? (2 days).

Personally.... with a good screens showin the gig like it will on TV/Internet would be good. 

Get back the killersperm monster! 😂

RHCP had their own screens in Lolla 2014. I think the headliners Bands are the only ones that have their own screens and stage

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

The videos are so cheesy, looks like a powerpoint presentation some intern did. Also it’s so literal, it’s not even something creative/interesting/cool. Like, for Dead Horse, let’s have a horse video! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Like, for Dead Horse, let’s have a horse video! 🙄

For sure... but don't forget to make it dead. 

The sort of neon amps backdrop when they do Slither is cool. Just the Marshall's with Slash's little chick logo on there pulsing with colors. 

Edited by Ant

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Better is one of my all time favourite gnr songs.... the studio version and the versions from 2006/2010. After that the performances of it have been mixed. 2016 onwards have been even more mixed, the feel is far too pushed and the polished/tight sound that made the song great is gone and so is its charm. Not to mention that the vocal has lost all its power and swagger. Has no place on the set at the moment.  #MBGA 

In my world, it all stands or falls on the vocals. Hence it should be dropped for now. Same goes for RQ. Hey, we'll see in 2020, maybe we'll live to witness more deep cuts and new songs... ha. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

As cool as it would be to hear some more deep cuts, I doubt certain songs will ever be played again, because of the lyrics.

Pretty Tied Up - "...time went by and it became a joke"

Bad Obsession - "I call my mother, she's just a cunt now..."

and the obvious stuff like One In A Million, Back Off Bitch, and the 'Izzy songs' (14 Years, Dust N' Bones).

Would love to hear them bring back You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, or The Garden though.

They play it's so easy every night, which is in the same league as pretty tied up. They almost never played bob album version, which is really unfortunate. yatf, yc or garden would be awesome, like skins or bones tour.

On 10. 11. 2019. at 11:37 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

So GnR actualy become wrestling show. 😁

On 10/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, jamillos said:

Why do you guys keep insisting on "Better"? Maybe in 2016, maybe. But now... 

Not since 2012. 2006-2012 there were some great performances,and the song sounded strong... Duff and Slash have bastardised the song and Axl doesn't sing it well anymore.

Heres mine

1. Welcome to the Jungle

2. Hardschool

3. Its So Easy

4. Mr Brownstone

5. Live and Let Die

6. Rocket Queen

7. Sweet Child O Mine

8. Patience

9. November Rain

10. Dead Horse / Yesterdays

11. Locomotive / Coma