GNRs Slash & Duff On New Ozzy Album

Neat call back to Iron Man in the chorus. Musically its halftime for a vocal phrase and then full time for the 'response' heavy guitar riff. Vocally it very reminiscent - you can sing it over top. I like that. The "Nobody wants him/ He just stares at the world" part.

Good thing that Guns is so dysfunctional that Geezer is in a band with Matt, so Duff can play on this call back track with. (the rock n roll family tree of all this is fun to map!)

To my ears the production and sonics are rather different for Ozzy. Im liking that too! :headbang:

Edited by soon

36 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Yeah the worry is that probably we won't get new material 🤣

Let’s hope we do. And if the rumours of the two releases next year come to fruition then it will be happy days. 👍

Edited by DTJ80

9 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I bet my righ asscheek that Slash will be on the new Ozzy LP.

Remember how Andrew Watt uploaded pictures of Slash a month or so ago? Andrew Watt just happens to be the producer of this new Ozzy LP. 

I hope Slash is on it somewhere.

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m trying to think positive...and see if that works! There is a poster on another site who seems to be fairly ‘in the know’ who says an EP is planned for March and a full album for November. Could be rubbish but might not be. Also comments about a new version of Hardschool with extra lyrics, Slash solo and ‘sound effects’?! Time will tell I guess guess.

If that's true then we should hear a new single or something about the EP soonish.

About the Ozzy song, I don't really like the pop/electronic style production and I think they should've found an actual hard rock/metal guitarist to play on the record (Zakk or someone else) instead of Watt doing it himself. I liked his playing on the California Breed album but he's no metal guitarist and I don't think his playing is best here for Ozzy. The song itself is cool and I like Duff and Chad's playing here.

On 8.11.2019 at 2:44 PM, DTJ80 said:

Good tune actually. And proves in the studio you can do ANYTHING with vocals as Ozzy has been dodgy live for years but sounds great here. So nothing to worry about for the new GNR material.

IMO Ozzy is doing just fine. Obviously they're tuning down but he definitely doesn't sound as bad as he looks.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:44 AM, DTJ80 said:

Good tune actually. And proves in the studio you can do ANYTHING with vocals as Ozzy has been dodgy live for years but sounds great here. So nothing to worry about for the new GNR material.

That was the first thing I thought of actually. I've seen Ozzy many, many times dating back to 91. He's been terrible live over the past few years. I get that we all age, so I'm not mad about it or anything. Anyway, as soon as I heard how good he sounded on this it got me thinking that they can make Axl sound as good as needed in the studio. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ElectricTear said:

IMO Ozzy is doing just fine. Obviously they're tuning down but he definitely doesn't sound as bad as he looks.

Come on he is like 90 years old, he took all the drugs in the world in unbelievably amounts, and is doing rehab right now. He doesn't look that bad. 
Axl is much less similiar to his older self and that is kinda scarry.

3 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Come on he is like 90 years old, he took all the drugs in the world in unbelievably amounts, and is doing rehab right now. He doesn't look that bad. 
Axl is much less similiar to his older self and that is kinda scarry.

It’s a really good tune. I’ve listened to it like four times.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2019 at 4:48 AM, Sydney Fan said:

If zakks not on the album maybe ozzys sick of the constant  pinch harmonics like the fans are. Wonder who the guitarist is maybe gus .... 

Nah, back in the day Ozzy said Zakk became way too big and had his own identity and didn't want his solo material to became just another "Zakk song", or something like that.

I guess somehow Zakks spotlight hit him lol