GNRs Slash & Duff On New Ozzy Album

Good tune. Melodic. Ozzy knows what he's doing here. A few things I dislike are Duff's bass tone, Ozzy's autotune to fuck vocals and I don't like the production.

The solo is weak and the tone doesn't fit the song imo. I also think Zakk would have been better at least just for the solo. I think Ozzy should have asked Slash to come up with a solo but overall, very nice, catchy tune. Works as a single. Chad came up with drum parts that seem to fit Ozzy. Great drummer.

edit: and Ozzy sounds inspired here

edit 2: I really like this tune. Guitar parts are cool, it's just the solo feels like a missed opportunity.

edit 3: I was too quick to dismiss the solo. It's got that Randy Rhodes "escalation" kind of thing, I like the note choices, I like how he builds it, I just don't care much for his tone. Gonna buy this album.

35 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Slash plays on the second single - Straight to Hell. 

Looking forward to this album. 

Slash and Duff.. Axl lazyness or whatever that block him from releasing new music hurts me.

Song is OK, I liked previous one more

Id like to see how ozzy would go using outside writers again like he did for no more tears album. Theres another album anniversary in 2021. I struggle  with ozzys newer  albums that theres to much overproduction  on tthe guitars that they dont sound organic enough. Will give the new album a spin when its officially released 

20 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Slash and Duff.. Axl lazyness or whatever that block him from releasing new music hurts me.

Song is OK, I liked previous one more

I honestly think one of two things,

1. If GNR are doing an album,  they are reworking old stuff and duff and slashs parts are complete and other band members are working on their parts including axl. Hence why duff and slash are keeping themselves busy working with other people.

2. Album is done and slash and duff are killing time until march.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

They finished touring about 3 weeks ago... 

Unless they actually made it during the spring/summer break. 

If the band are not touring until march this would have to be the longest time slash has been idle. 

They may have as well completed whether its a  EP or album after the summer before the first shows in september. I remember when i used to always  log onto slashs other fan website snakepit.org and VRs contraband was mixed and masterered 3 months before the official release date.

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

They finished touring about 3 weeks ago... 

They are together for 4 years now and had a lot of time between touring.

Defend them how you want to, but other bands and artists can just drop new song and they haven’t done literally nothing since Chinese. No single song, no released cover, nothing. 

If album is done why they won’t put out a single? 

Oh maybe Axl will try to make it sound like overproduced mess for next 20 years.

• Like 2

It honestly pisses me off that GNR hasn't released anything, Duff has done 2 albums, Slash n Dizzy 1, then Axl has done a song for fucking looney tunes. If GNR doesn't put out a new album next year my faith for new music will be just like how felt about AC/DC this whole year, disappointed as fuck.

4 hours ago, viruzzz said:

Another one. I enjoyed this one.

It is a good song, really like how it sounds.

The vocal line "all right now" in the beginning sounds like it was sampled from Sweet Leaf lol. Or more like, they are desperately trying to evoke that nostalgia.

The autotune makes this thoroughly unenjoyable.

The main riff doesnt strike me as being especially "Ozzy" sounding. Its kinda jaunty and playful like a QOTSA riff. Makes me picture a preened cartoon 1971 Mick Jagger peacocking back and forth across the stage.

Slashs solo doesnt go anywhere, nor does the song structure give it much space to go anywhere. And the 2 wah* guitar tone is one of Zakks sounds, so thats something.

*To my ears there are two wah pedals engaged with one just left in the low mids and the other used like a typical wah.

GUYS... (too lazy to quote all of ya) it’s not about the old complaining about how much time they’ve had. Sure, we can do that. But I was referring to the official reality – which is that Slash SAID they wouldn’t start until the short leg is done. 
Hence my comment regarding they’ve only had a few weeks since (I shouldn’t have included the spring/summer break comment though, that's true). 
K? K. :)

Edited by jamillos

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Slash lost his mojo? :(

My guess is that's not the case. He probably just comes in, plays a a couple of takes and that's it. I just think he doesn't care enough or doesn't enjoy investing a lot of time until it's the best it can possibly be. Maybe he improvises most or all of it.

Doesn't mean he's not capable of coming up with great solos. This one he did for Ozzy doesn't reflect what he can do imo.

Edited by Rovim