Your best moments of this decade?

Gibson87

I've lost track of what year things happened.  Mostly it's been a decade of life time goals achieved.  Got the kid through college and out to the adult world, done with the big part of parenting.  Took the permission to fuck off card and left the employment world.  Took up drawing.  Became a seed to plant grower.  Found out people still play pinball and joined right in.

I do remember 2015, many wonderful things happen to me that year.  And it just kept coming.  I was blindsided by the whole year.  Nothing planned or asked for.  Usually the universe likes to fuck with me, so to speak, and it all turned to gifts for me.

• Like 2

Honestly couldn't tell you. Life is just a continuous (fucking long) up and down thing. Other than the year my son was born in 2016 I genuinely couldn't name the year things happened. People who say life is short are talking through their arsehole because it lasts ages. Me looking back on the specific things that happened to me in each year feels self indulgent. Can't do it it feels weird.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, Len Cnut said:

I got through about 45 seconds of that and felt like shooting Jimmy Fallon.

Is that Jimmy Fallon? Sorry, I didn’t watch the video but I thought it was Leann Rimes. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Word of advice. Never go to the Czech Republic.

Woman gets home from a hen do in Prague and a week later finds out she's pregnant.

Her mate, rather taken aback queries "fucking hell, have you had a check up?"

"No" she replies. "I think he was Lithuanian." :lol: 

• Haha 4

On 13-11-2019 at 5:38 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I saw this on AskReddit and thought it'd be fun to do on here. 

At number 1 and it's not even close with anything: 23-Feb-2017 - Our awesome beautiful little baby girl is born. 

Since then tons of amazing memories watching her grow and showing her the world. 

Vacation trips with the Mrs. to:
Annecy, France (2010)
Praia Da Rocha, Portugal (2011)
Piran / Bled, Slovenia (2012)
Ardennes, Belgium (2012)
Berlin, Germany (2012)
London, England (2013)
Zakynthos, Greece (2013)
Berchtesgaden, Germany (2013)
British Columbia / Alberta, Canada and Washington / Montana / Wyoming / Idaho, US (2014)
Zadar, Croatia (2015)
Krakau, Poland / Tatra mountains, Slovakia (2015)
Gran Canaria, Spain (2015)
Dolomites, Italy (2016)
Lanzarote, Spain (2018)

Aside from that amazing trips to Scotland with my whisky friends every year since 2012. 

Countless concerts seeing many of my musical heroes (which actually can be counted. I have a list. It's in my about you).

Many great nights out with friends.

Meeting some friends from far away and spending time with them in person. (that means you @Sekh-met and @Paula McKagan

Buying a new house with the Mrs. twice (in 2010 and 2019).

Getting our two awesome cats and still having them. 

It was a pretty good decade.

Edited by username
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bit of Nazi tourism?

Not the reason we went, but we did visit the eagles nest. Of course there's no way around all the officers summerhouses on the Obersalzberg and obviously the eagles nest itself. But other than a few posters with information about the history of the building and area there's really not much to remind people of the nazi stuff. Which is good, because you don't want it to become some nazi pilgrimage thing. There's a restaurant in there. Good food and a great view. Aside from that the Königssee is a beautiful lake and there's a lot of good hiking options in the area. Schönau is a nice (but touristy) town.

Edited by username

6 hours ago, username said:

Not the reason we went, but we did visit the eagles nest. Of course there's no way around all the officers summerhouses on the Obersalzberg and obviously the eagles nest itself. But other than a few posters with information about the history of the building and area there's really not much to remind people of the nazi stuff. Which is good, because you don't want it to become some nazi pilgrimage thing. There's a restaurant in there. Good food and a great view. Aside from that the Königssee is a beautiful lake and there's a lot of good hiking options in the area. Schönau is a nice (but touristy) town.

You might be interested in this,

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You might be interested in this,

Can't watch it right now but I skipped through it without sound. I recognize pretty much all of that. 

Fun fact, remember that scene from Band Of Brothers where Winters and Sobel dived into that lake? That was supposed to be the Königssee. So I went to look for that little dock they jumped off and I just couldn't find it. Pissed me off. So I went on the internet and found out they filmed it at a random lake in Switserland instead of the actual Königssee lake. :( 

1 hour ago, username said:

Can't watch it right now but I skipped through it without sound. I recognize pretty much all of that. 

Fun fact, remember that scene from Band Of Brothers where Winters and Sobel dived into that lake? That was supposed to be the Königssee. So I went to look for that little dock they jumped off and I just couldn't find it. Pissed me off. So I went on the internet and found out they filmed it at a random lake in Switserland instead of the actual Königssee lake. :( 

Yes, much of Band of Brother is utter bollocks. On the D-Day episode, the dead Fallschirmjäger with an Edelweiß, the emblem of the Gebirgsjäger, is the most grating of historic errors; it literally sends me apoplectic. 

2010 - closing my first big deal in business 

2011 - going to my paternal hometown for the first time and scoring an end to end rush goal in the home rink against the ex pro team 

2012 - winning a cup in hockey tourney and getting MVP 

2013- making my most $ in sales in a quarter 

2014- taking the biggest risk of my life and starting my own brand 

2015 - scoring first client 

2016 - scoring second client 

2017 - scoring a massive client 

2018 - seeing mexico beat germany live in world cup 

2019 - its been a shit year i only have a month to go to make something positive happen 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 2

On 17/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, spunko12345 said:

Other than the year my son was born in 2016 I genuinely couldn't name the year things happened.

Thank fuckin' God for that, I thought I was the only one.  How the fuck are these people naming shit by year like that, its incredible, are you getting this shit off a calendar or somethin?

At number 1 and it's not even close with anything: 23-Feb-2017 - Our awesome beautiful little baby girl is born. 

Since then tons of amazing memories watching her grow and showing her the world. 

Vacation trips with the Mrs. to:
Annecy, France (2010)
Praia Da Rocha, Portugal (2011)
Piran / Bled, Slovenia (2012)
Ardennes, Belgium (2012)
Berlin, Germany (2012)
London, England (2013)
Zakynthos, Greece (2013)
Berchtesgaden, Germany (2013)
British Columbia / Alberta, Canada and Washington / Montana / Wyoming / Idaho, US (2014)
Zadar, Croatia (2015)
Krakau, Poland / Tatra mountains, Slovakia (2015)
Gran Canaria, Spain (2015)
Dolomites, Italy (2016)
Lanzarote, Spain (2018)

She's been more fuckin' places than me, the lucky so n so! :lol:

Meeting some friends from far away and spending time with them in prison. (that means you @Sekh-met and @Paula McKagan

Improved sentence.

• Haha 2