MarlaHooch

My Cover Of "Locomotive" (Posted in Main Section with Permission from RussTCB)

You’re I‘m Broken cover is awesome, too. 

This tune is one of my all time favs by one of my all time favorite bands. Great choice :-)

Instrumental sounds great! Vocals sounds more like something you'd see in a Green Day like band, but congrats for the effort!

7 hours ago, Dean said:

Great job! Are you playing every instrument? Incredible if so!

Yep, thank you!

And regarding the above post, I’ll totally own the Green Day vocal comparison. As an unwise person once said, you go to war with the army you have, and over many years of hearing GN’R covers I’ve learned that a great way to mangle a GN’R tune is to go out of your way to try to sound like Axl. He is one of a kind and you can both hurt yourself and sound terrible trying! Cheers

• Like 1

Mate, this is awesome, and I really liked your vocals, maybe just because you didnt commit it, you know what I mean :D

Groove and instruments are perfect!

For anyone who doesn’t play an instrument, it takes a lot to play everything on a track and still get the distance to hear it. 

You sir have gone a great Job. 

A genuinely good Guns tribute, which is rare. And it's made even better by the fact that you didn't try an Axl impersonation, which is where most of the others go wrong.

Awesome :headbang:

• Like 1

Awesome, great job. Really liked the guitars. 

I just posted a Better cover on YouTube, but I'm kinda afraid to share it here because you know... but I didnt see anyone even attempting to play the Buckethead parts in this song, so I tried it.

This is a bitch of a song to play, so nice going! really well played! I like your vocal approach too! You're drumming has an Adler vibe! 

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You're drumming has an Adler vibe! 

This makes me smile. I sped it up juuuust a little bit hoping to get a combo of Steven and Matt's styles going.

I'm super happy that you guys seem to be enjoying this so far. Sincere thanks to everyone who's taking the time to check it out, leaving your take on it, etc., and cheers to RussTCB and the mods for letting me do this!

• Like 1

Hey, Great cover, really nice!

I was wondering if you would release a version without Lead Guitar for a backing track for practicing to? 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 10:45 AM, Giblet said:

Hey, Great cover, really nice!

I was wondering if you would release a version without Lead Guitar for a backing track for practicing to? 

(Thank you!)

This would be a bit of a lift. I live about 400 miles from the studio and don’t plan to be back until early next year to finish up the next album. I’m currently on a road trip but when I get back I’ll see if I have an early unmastered mix lying around from before the solos were put on. If I don’t, I’d recommend maybe just taking the four bars from before the first verse vocals start and loop it a few times in GarageBand? Good luck!