Your (Postponed) Concerts in 2020

dontdamnmeuyi2015

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.12.2019 at 2:03 AM, GNRmello77 said:

Anyone going to Aerosmith in Europe in 2020? For me the nearest gigs are graspop on Monchengladbach but graspop sunday is the same day as pinkpop where Guns play so I Will probably go for the one in Germany, altho 98 euro's a ticket is also outragious for Aerosmith. Does this make anyone decide not to go? 

I am going to the vienna show. never seen them live so this was a "must see"

ZZ Top has long been on my hit list. Their longevity with the same line-up is impressive and they still sound terrific. Finally making this happen in May with my oldest daughter. Cheap Trick is opening so that's a bonus. Not a massive fan by any means but a decent group to cross off the list as well!

Last month I got to see two great shows back to back: Thrice playing all of Vheissu, alongside support from mewithoutYou (who are breaking up at the end of this year), and one of Ed O'Brien's (Radiohead guitarist) very first solo shows. Both shows were incredible, because Thrice is an all time favorite band of mine and Vheissu is their best work imo, and it was such a treat yelling every word along to it. And Ed's solo stuff was a wonderful surprise, it was a lot more upbeat and jammy than most of Radiohead's stuff, and Ed is a great vocalist in his own right. Really looking forward to the release of his album!

On 2/16/2020 at 1:43 AM, EricA said:

May:  Skid Row ,  Rammstein

June:  GNR (twice so far)

July:  Skid Row ,  Aerosmith 

September: RATM

October: Ozzy + Priest (if it happens at all:()

Not sure about Ozzy. He's postponed his tour until after his surgery and and gets well.

Judas Priest is coming to Dallas this year, but I'm not going. I have too many shows as it is! lol Money is going fast.

Seeing GNR twice! Awesome!

Geoff Tate's at the House of Blues in Dallas, TX on Tuesday, March 24 has been postponed. I'm glad about this. I honestly didn't want to miss Geoff but was leary about going to a concert with this virus and the flu still out there.

Geoff's twitter account said he will make up the shows in the winter months. I'm glad because Geoff is performing both "Rage for Order" and the Empire cds. Both are my all time faves of Queenryhe.

Just hope my summer concerts are still on. I can't miss GNR!

On 7.3.2020 at 8:48 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not sure about Ozzy. He's postponed his tour until after his surgery and and gets well.

Yeah. That will be fun. He was supposed to go to Switzerland to see a doctor in march. That's not going to happen now. And I think that was supposed to happen before any touring. I wonder how that will play out.

Geoff Tate is postponed for December 15.

In this Moment and Black Veil Brides is postponed for now. the new date is TBA.

So far my concerts beginning in July are still scheduled. These are the ones I really want to see.

Who knows how things will be by the summer? Every damn doctor is saying this virus will last for the rest of the year. It's really scaring me now. 

Every damn show I watch about alien attacks or the Walking Dead reminds me of what the world is going through now minus the zombies and aliens. Everyone hoarding food and supplies like the world is coming to an end.

We need to see our favorite bands and music or it'll really suck!~

Stay well people!

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I was really looking forward to Sebastian Bach at the end of the month, but he postponed the show. It's not surprising, but it's still disappointing. I'm assuming the Stones will postpone their shows as well. :(

Yeah, I think a lot of concerts might be postponed. Better safe than sorry. I don't want my family nor I to get sick and I don't want my fave bands getting ill either.

Let's hope it'll get better. We have to have hope or there's nothing else we can do.

32 minutes ago, James Bond said:

New thread title:

Postponed Concerts in 2020.

Yeah, I think all my concerts for this year will be either cancelled or postponed too.

This virus is not slowing down and honestly, I don't want to be in a room with thousands of people and I don't want the bands and their workers to get sick either.

It sucks, but we can't control this at all.

Let's stay safe and hope our fave bands will be able to re-schedule someday soon.

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

The Who has been rescheduled to March 2021.

I'm expecting Whitesnake, Queen, GN'R & Greenday to postpone their June shows.

My next concert is in July for the Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison concert, but I don't think that's happening. GNR is August, but really feel these shows won't happen.

Damn 2020 started our great and now it's all gone to shit. Not just the concerts being cancelled but this virus has fucked with everyone's lives. This is really testing how strong we are as human beings.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

New thread title:

Postponed Concerts in 2020.

On it ;) 

I've been hit by a few cancellations/postponements already. And even though its not officially called off yet, the writing is on the wall for Maiden's tour to be cancelled (The operative word being cancelled, not postponed). It's the third year of the same tour and they have a new album in hand more or less ready to go. All of Europe is in stadiums/festivals except two gigs, so it's not as simple as postponing to the fall. But it's just an awful tour to get cancelled, both big picture and for me personally. I'm slated to see them in Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Japan, UAE, and Israel in May - all countries they rarely play, and the only one I've seen them in before is Japan. It's a huge disappointment that such a massive trip has fallen apart for me, but I feel absolutely awful for the local fans in those countries. They've never played the Philippines before, Israel has never had the band with Bruce singing, and Japan is faced with 2/3 of the most recent Japanese tours being cancelled (The other being when they couldn't play in 2011 because of the earthquake). 

• GNFNR 1

I only had tickets for 3 shows so far this year. 

Sturgill Simpson

Letterkenny

Roger Waters 

I got to see the Sturgill show, then I got to see Letterkenny (the tour got canceled the next day because of the virus) and who knows what will happen with Waters in July. 

Currently Running:

1. Journey w/ The Pretenders - May
  2. Guns N Roses - August
  3. Def Leppard, Motley Crue w/ Poison and Joan Jett - Sept
  4. Roger Waters - Sept

Postponed

1. Sebastian Bach
  2. Alice Cooper w/ Lita Ford
  3. The Rolling Stones

If these postponements keep up, it is looking like my fall is gonna be jam packed with concerts. Which I'm very much okay with.

Neither of my shows (RHCP and GnR/Pumpkins) have been postponed just yet. The RHCP gig (which is a festival with The 1975 and Liam Gallagher) is likely to get postponed, as that one is in late May. The GnR/Pumpkins one is in late July, so maybe that one will survive. We’ll see, I guess.

Yeah, the two concerts I had postponed were for March and April.

The other concerts I have begin in July so I'm sure I will get word the closer it gets to those dates.

I'm not buying anymore tickets for concerts until I know for sure.

Ratt is touring with other 80's bands, but I'm not taking a chance right now. I know they are saying postponed but who knows how long this virus will go on? I mean I want to see my fave bands, but don't really want to take a chance in being in a venue with thousands of people.

The Oceania leg of the Maiden tour has been postponed now, glad it's a postponement and not a cancellation. I've always dreamed of seeing them in Australia and New Zealand, so I'm excited to make it to those gigs whenever they end up happening. 

On 3/19/2020 at 6:21 PM, GoBucky said:

Have tix for the Struts, Elton, Stones, Guns and Gaga...so far only the Stones have postponed but I highly doubt I'm going to see any of them. 

I know and we really need to have music and see our fave bands right now. If they all postpone until 2021 that will make me more depressed. I had so many good concerts and bands that I love and some bands I was seeing for the first time, but what can you do? I've been bitching for weeks now. I did yoga with my brother today just to calm down.

I just want everyone to stay safe and if it means we have to postponed our concerts, then that's what we all need to do. We don't want any of them getting ill either.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, Powerage5 said:

The Oceania leg of the Maiden tour has been postponed now, glad it's a postponement and not a cancellation. I've always dreamed of seeing them in Australia and New Zealand, so I'm excited to make it to those gigs whenever they end up happening. 

I know postponing our concerts is better than cancellation, but suppose this lasts for years and ticketmaster keeps our money. If it goes on until the end of the year, they should cancel return our money and then sell tickets again when the time is right. I don't know what's right anymore.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Summerfest was just pushed back to September so Guns won't be playing there July 4th 

September 10th is one of the new dates and is also my birthday...that would be a nice treat.

I was also gonna see Tame Impala at the Fiserv Forum in May but I'm certain that'll get postponed (if it hasn't already)