Your (Postponed) Concerts in 2020

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Not sure where I saw this, maybe on yahoo.com, but someone posted there wouldn't be any huge concerts until the fall of 2021. Honestly, I would agree at this point.

I have 4 major concerts starting in July and I really don't see me going if they're still on.

I think when these concerts get closer to the dates, they will either cancel or postponed them until next year. Which is fine by me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not sure where I saw this, maybe on yahoo.com, but someone posted there wouldn't be any huge concerts until the fall of 2021. Honestly, I would agree at this point.

I have 4 major concerts starting in July and I really don't see me going if they're still on.

I think when these concerts get closer to the dates, they will either cancel or postponed them until next year. Which is fine by me.

I seen a similar article on blabbermouth and I agree 100 percent with you holding tickets for 5 upcoming shows 2 of which have already been postponed (Pearl Jam) and hoping the rest do as well.Have no desire to go at this point and wouldn’t go to any of the other 3 upcoming shows if they still happen (unlikely ).Just much too soon 

Nothing will be happening in July.

I would say September would be the earliest concerts might start back up, but that's being generous.

You have to figure it won't be until mid-may or june that some states/areas can start slowly trickling back in to business with restaurants having spread out seating, certain stores opening but having small capacities, etc..

There is no way thousands of people will be gathering together anytime soon.

With that said, it will be interesting how long TM holds everyones money. I've already started to see articles saying that changed their legal lines and everything and it is going to be a HUGE shitstorm of class action suits, etc.

Edited by Stiff Competition

Yeah, I think everyone will lose money due to any cancellations or postponements. I don't want to go near any big venues anytime soon. Even smaller venues would not be safe either.

This sucks all around, but nothing we can do about it.

So many businesses won't be coming back from this and since I don't see this virus slowing down anytime soon, I doubt there will be any concerts. Maybe the bands should perform on a pay per view bases. It's not like being there, but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

the Chili Peppers.  postponed from June, 10 to September - whenever. I have to go to this show cause I've never had a chance to hear Frusciante play live but I like the rest of the band as well. Organizers promise it won't be cancelled but we'll see.

40 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Article up on Blabbermouth where California Governor states concerts most likely won’t return to state until their is an effective vaccine.So 12-18 months if not 

ok, i'm all in with every restriction made, to prevent us from this virus, but fall 2021 sounds shocking

Newsom's comments come just days after Dr. Ezekiel "Zeke" Emanuel, a special adviser to the director general of the World Health Organization, told The New York Times that he doesn't anticipate it to be safe to return to concerts, sporting events and other mass public gatherings for another 18 months.

While musical acts have postponed tours and other events to later this year or early 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Emanuel predicted "fall 2021 at the earliest" for people to return to such events.

He explained: "Restarting the economy has to be done in stages, and it does have to start with more physical distancing at a work site that allows people who are at lower risk to come back. Certain kinds of construction, or manufacturing or offices, in which you can maintain six-foot distances are more reasonable to start sooner."

Emanuel continued: "Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they're going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that's a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we're talking fall 2021 at the earliest."

Edited by EricA

ZZ Top postponed to next year which isn't at all surprising but nice to have confirmed nevertheless. That was my daughter's birthday present so I'm definitely hanging on to those tickets even if they do offer a refund.

The other event I had was the Neil Peart Memorial, which was also supposed to be in May. They've pushed that until October, but even that seems soon at this point. I honestly don't expect a single event until 2021.

• Like 1

Bon Jovi cancelled their tour and offered refunds to everyone.Kudos to them for not holding on to anyone’s money as it could put to better use in these difficult times.Any concert is realistically so far off even if shows are postponed the buyer should have the option of a full refund for all shows in my opinion 

• Wow 1

15 hours ago, gt72 said:

Bon Jovi cancelled their tour and offered refunds to everyone.Kudos to them for not holding on to anyone’s money as it could put to better use in these difficult times.Any concert is realistically so far off even if shows are postponed the buyer should have the option of a full refund for all shows in my opinion 

Yeah, Jon said other people need this money more than they do. So right about that.

I'm sure other bands will be cancelling soon as their tour gets closer to their dates.  No state will allow big stadium tours to come to town right now. Most doctors agree there won't be any safe time anytime this year. Maybe next year or even 2022. This sucks, but there's nothing anyone can do about it.

• Like 1

Motley Crue said they are waiting for word about their stadium tour.

One fan told them to cancel already so the fans can get their money back. The Crue replied that the bands don't make this decision.

Well, I'm sure like the rest of us the concerts for 2020 will definitely be cancelled it's just a matter of time.

It sucks, but nothing can be done about it.

Maybe if we get a vaccine by 2021 these bands can tour, but who knows?

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Foo Fighters just announced updated dates for their summer tour,now happening summer 2021. No refunds by the looks of it....

That’s a long time to hold on to peoples money.People should’ve be given option to receive their money back or hold onto tickets for the rescheduled date.They we’re scheduled to headline a show in D.C. and that show was outright canceled so refunds were automatic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gt72 said:

That’s a long time to hold on to peoples money.People should’ve be given option to receive their money back or hold onto tickets for the rescheduled date.They we’re scheduled to headline a show in D.C. and that show was outright canceled so refunds were automatic 

True next year. That is a long time to wait and how do you know if you can attend the new show?

I think all concerts should be cancelled for this year.

I heard on the news last night that any new movies won't be out until 2021 and 2022. All the super hero movies have been pushed back a year or two.

I doubt there will be any concerts because you're on top of each other at a venue whether you are in a seat or standing up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gt72 said:

California governor just stated in order to have concerts or live  sporting events their must be therapeutics,idk if that means a vaccine or an effective antiviral 

Well, I doubt anyone will go to a concert or sport events if there isn't a vaccine. That would be crazy. I doubt anyone would open up a stadium right now.

I heard on the news how they are trying to figure out how play baseball or football, but how could you? Baseball teams might go to Arizona and play in one stadium, with no fans.

Football players crash into each and breathe on each other, so how can they be safe? 

Everyone needs to push everything back to 2021 including concerts and even then who knows?

There has to be a vaccine to make sure we are safe in large crowds.

Now that states and countries are opening up, we shall see if this virus comes back around a second time. usually second times are so much worse than the first time.

Just got an email from Live Nation telling me the Geoff Tate concert was rescheduled to December 15. already knew this. it had a link incase I wanted to get a refund. It's good until the end of June.

I'm hoping December things might be okay to see a show, but who knows? Guess I'll wait to see what June brings.

Just read on blabbermouth.net, that the Crue will tell us fans by June if the stadium tour is a go or not and what plans they will make.

I doubt this tour will happen this summer, but at least they let us know they are working on it.

The Globe life stadium in Arlington, which is the home of the Texas Rangers, wants to open up on July 4 for baseball. I doubt there would be any fans in the stands, but who knows?

the stadium was finished in the spring and has yet to  open due to the virus. It has a closed dome which thank goodness since Texas is very very hot from now until November.

Was listening to local sports radio and they were talking about Lollapalooza and Riot Fest here and one of the guys said Bon Jovi was on Stern and said his tour manager was told there will be no tours whatsoever this year and bands should be prepared for no tours next year either...

20 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Was listening to local sports radio and they were talking about Lollapalooza and Riot Fest here and one of the guys said Bon Jovi was on Stern and said his tour manager was told there will be no tours whatsoever this year and bands should be prepared for no tours next year either...

I think that's what will happen.

Dr. Fauci said there might be a vaccine by January, so it won't be safe to go to any concerts this year.

Some movie theatres in Texas opened up as well as dine in restaurant, but I'm not going to them anytime soon. 

Dallas saw a surge in the virus yesterday and the state just opened up yesterday. 

This virus will most likely have another go around before anything lessens. We still have to keep out distance and wear masks anytime we go anywhere and hand sanitizer all the time.

NYC is still getting more and more patients every day. They are now sanitizing the subways at night because so many homeless people are sleeping there. Gov Cumo is trying his best, but this virus won't let up at all. 

blabbermouth.net just announced the "RATT" reunion tour is pushed back until 2021. Ratt was supposed to do a concert here in a few months.

I'm sure once June comes in all the summer and fall concerts will be either cancelled or postponed. There's no way any concerts can go on this year and I doubt anyone would feel comfy going.

Damn it! I had so many cool concerts to see this year! I hope GNR holds on until 2021! 

Missouri governor is going to allow concerts (wtf ???) starting get this,tomorrow.Says people have to stay 6 feet apart .How the heck can anyone insure that happening at a concert.I don’t know,seems like a longshot