Your (Postponed) Concerts in 2020

dontdamnmeuyi2015

On 5/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, GoBucky said:

Was supposed to see Adler last night...i just hope next year isn't out for shows. 

I know we still won't know for sure. So many movies have been pushed back until 2021 and 2022. I had 4 shows that were in either stadiums or large venues so who knows when i'll be safe for thos shows? The one baseball stadium hasn't even opened yet in Arlington Texas. The mayor said he wants to have the Rangers play on July 4, but it won't be with any fans in the seats. Still not sure how they will keep all the players away from each other? I wouldn't push it, but sports is a huge business in Texas as well as the whole US.

I just hope my concerts do come back around again, whenever they can play safely and we fans can be safe too.

20 hours ago, gt72 said:

Missouri governor is going to allow concerts (wtf ???) starting get this,tomorrow.Says people have to stay 6 feet apart .How the heck can anyone insure that happening at a concert.I don’t know,seems like a longshot 

If you have a venue that seats thousands of fans, how can you stay 6 feet apart and even if it's a SRO show, that's impossible if you have all the fans attending.

I think your Gov is crazy!lol

Stay safe and don't go!

On 5/3/2020 at 2:50 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know we still won't know for sure. So many movies have been pushed back until 2021 and 2022. I had 4 shows that were in either stadiums or large venues so who knows when i'll be safe for thos shows? The one baseball stadium hasn't even opened yet in Arlington Texas. The mayor said he wants to have the Rangers play on July 4, but it won't be with any fans in the seats. Still not sure how they will keep all the players away from each other? I wouldn't push it, but sports is a huge business in Texas as well as the whole US.

I just hope my concerts do come back around again, whenever they can play safely and we fans can be safe too.

Yeah, everything is still unknown with this thing. One 'expert' says it's going to get worse, then another 'expert' says it's weakening, but the numbers aren't saying that. I had tix for 8 shows and Gn'R and Gaga are the only ones that haven't postponed yet. It's just crazy. 

I asked for a refund for the re-scheduled Geoff Tate concert in December. I doubt this concert will happen even in December, so as it is it'll take over 30 days to refund my credit card.

Just read Rikki Rocket from Poison was waiting to hear about their stadium tour with the Crue and Def Leppard, but I'm pretty sure it'll be cancelled too.

Who the hell knows when a concert in any venue will be?

8 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

GNR just cancelled their spring/summer tour dates.

Duff posted a message. I'm sure my August Texas date will be cancelled shortly. At least we can get our money back and hope next year is a better year.

Duff as well as Slash only did a copy/paste job of the original message ! there is nowhere mentioned if canceled or postponed ?

On 5/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, EricA said:

Duff as well as Slash only did a copy/paste job of the original message ! there is nowhere mentioned if canceled or postponed ?

K sorry. I got an email about this. Well, it just seems that all the concerts for the rest of this year will have to be cancelled or postponed. And it sucks big time!

Motley Crue said they will make an announce by June. Their tour starts in June. This sucks!

Slipknot cancelled their summer tour including Knotfest. 

Okay, Motley Crue and GNR it's your turn to cancel and give me my money back. lol

I also had Foreignor and Kiss tickets for September and October. I doubt these concerts will happen either.

Off subject, I heard thousands of people are going on cruises once they open. Are these people insane?

I was supposed to see Skid Row 4 times. 2 shows are already rescheduled to 2021, 1 show is cancelled and 1 is under work for rescheduling.

Aerosmith/GNR/Rammstein: no information yet if cancelled or postponed

Novarock festival is postponed but line up is not announced yet (was supposed to see Billy Talent and Offspring) 

I miss gigs so badly ..:no:... I hope at least gigs in small venues will be safe by January 2021

Coronavirus, Firenze Rocks UFFICIALE: l'edizione 2020 del Festival è cancellata.  Tutte le info biglietti

CORONAVIRUS, FIRENZE ROCKS UFFICIALE: L'EDIZIONE 2020 DEL FESTIVAL È CANCELLATA. TUTTE LE INFO BIGLIETTI

L'evento ha dovuto tenersi dal 10 al 13 giugno alla Visarno Arena con Green Day, Guns N 'Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers ...

Coronavirus, Firenze Rocks OFFICIAL: the 2020 edition of the Festival is cancelled. All ticket info CORONAVIRUS, FLORENCE ROCKS OFFICIAL: THE 2020 EDITION OF THE FESTIVAL IS CANCELLED. ALL TICKET INFO The event was supposed to take place from June 10-13 at the Visarno Arena with Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers... Following the publication in the Official Gazette of Legislative Decree no. 33 of 16/5/2020, which, in response to the epidemiological emergency caused by the Covid-19 virus, bans the gathering of people until 31 July 2020, the 2020 edition of the Firenze Rocks Festival, which was to take place from June 10-13 at the Visarno Arena with Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers... is cancelled. The event's organiser is working to announce the 2021 edition as soon as possible and is confident that it will confirm the same line-up as the 2020 edition and an official announcement will soon arrive. Tickets for the 2020 edition will be valid for the 2021 edition. Those who wish, in any case, to have a refund, will have the right to request a voucher of the same value as that indicated on the ticket previously purchased and therefore including, therefore, the right of pre-sale. The voucher can be requested by June 18, 2020.

I hope that will be confirmed the same line up with GnR ad RHCP. 🤞

The Juke Box hero tour with Europe and Kansas and headliner Foreigner has been officially cancelled. It was for September 11 here in Dallas. I requested a refund. They also had credit, but who knows when concerts will be back? I want my money.

Waiting for GNR, Motley Crue and KISS to cancel too.

I did have so many awesome concerts this summer and fall, but now nothing! This sucks, but I won't be going to any big venues anytime soon.

6 hours ago, EricA said:

New Rammstein EU 2021 dates just announced

All the bands that had 2020 tours need to outright cancel. 

No one knows if/when any concerts can go on even in 2021. It's not fair to fans to hole their money. Who knows what next year will bring?

Even with a vaccine who kows? Just cancel and give the money back.

On 19.5.2020 at 10:41 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All the bands that had 2020 tours need to outright cancel. 

No one knows if/when any concerts can go on even in 2021. It's not fair to fans to hole their money. Who knows what next year will bring?

Even with a vaccine who kows? Just cancel and give the money back.

Have you ever thought of bands that are not in the league of stadium bands, those who only play smaller venues, clubs or whatever ?

Have you ever thought of the fact that playing gigs and touring is what they do for living?

And have you ever thought of the venue holders, and that these people have to shut down their businesses forever, if everything get canceled, for this year AND 2021 ?

We can shut down the whole Live entertainment industrie right now and forever, if nobody is making further plans for 2021/22.

i'm fine with the postponements.

Edited by EricA
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EricA said:

Have you ever thought of bands that are not in the league of stadium bands, those who only play smaller venues, clubs or whatever ?

Have you ever thought of the fact that playing gigs and touring is what they do for living?

And have you ever thought of the venue holders, and that these people have to shut down their businesses forever, if everything get canceled, for this year AND 2021 ?

We can shut down the whole Live entertainment industrie right now and forever, if nobody is making further plans for 2021/22.

i'm fine with the postphonements.

Yeah, I totally understand that, but is if okay to put smaller crowds together to see a band? Not safe right now. It sucks, but we have no control over this virus and if you and the bands value their lives and the lives of their fans, they have to cancel and deal with it.

This virus isn't going away anytime soon and being in a stadium or a small club isn't safe for anyone right now.

29 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I totally understand that, but is if okay to put smaller crowds together to see a band? Not safe right now. It sucks, but we have no control over this virus and if you and the bands value their lives and the lives of their fans, they have to cancel and deal with it.

This virus isn't going away anytime soon and being in a stadium or a small club isn't safe for anyone right now.

it isn't safe right now, and for sure, nobody wants to attend a concert atm.

i didn't say anything about right now???

i was answering to your "wish" that bands shouldn't make plans for 2021, as you quoted my post about Rammsteins new 2021 dates.

So the only thing a wanted to make clear is, that without any further plans for the upcoming year(s), the whole entertainment industry will go down hill.

And as far as i know 2021 is NOT right now. 

Edited by EricA

On 19.5.2020 at 10:41 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Juke Box hero tour with Europe and Kansas and headliner Foreigner has been officially cancelled. It was for September 11 here in Dallas. I requested a refund. They also had credit, but who knows when concerts will be back? I want my money.

Do you know that in some countries, when they cancel, they still keep your money? They give you a coupon, which is valid until December 31, 2021 and if you haven't used it by then, you get your money back. Total bollocks. I rather they postpone the shows and keep my money than they cancel and misuse me as a bank and keep my money either way.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:40 PM, EricA said:

it isn't safe right now, and for sure, nobody wants to attend a concert atm.

i didn't say anything about right now???

i was answering to your "wish" that bands shouldn't make plans for 2021, as you quoted my post about Rammsteins new 2021 dates.

So the only thing a wanted to make clear is, that without any further plans for the upcoming year(s), the whole entertainment industry will go down hill.

And as far as i know 2021 is NOT right now. 

Sorry, but even 2021 isn't a sure thing right now. I'm pretty sure this corona virus will come back around in the colder weather and will probably be a virus like the flu that will be here every year. Unfortunately, this sucks, but this is life.

I do hope you're right about 2021. I don't want to wait too long to see a concert again, but who knows?

I saw Bret Michaels on TMZ. He didn't outright say the stadium tour with the Crue was cancelled, but he said until there can be a way for fans and the band that can be safe at concerts, he won't do it, so I assume by June the rest of the year's concerts will be cancelled.

I just rather have bands cancel, so fans can get their money back. Then we can discuss 2021 and beyond.

I just don't have faith that this virus will be gone by next year either.

What’s amazing to me is that Ticketmaster / live nation:

1. Won’t  offer a refund for postponed shows until after a new date is announced, or after 60 days from the show being postponed. In either case they were unable to provide what ticketholders paid for (I.e. a specific show on a specific date

2. Have the audacity to say that when you are able to claim a refund it will take at least 30 days due to the “high volume”. Oddly enough they have no issue charging credit cards when 1mm+ tickets go onsale at the same time for a large stadium size tour. Which is obviously not an issue since it’s all done by computer, but we are supposed to believe that what- they have a clerk or two manually processing refunds. Cmon. Typical shit behavior from a shit company. 

I feel sorry for the small venue owners and smaller bands/artists who aren’t making money hand over foot, but the TM response to this crisis/virus/pandemic is disgusting in my opinion. 

21 hours ago, goneshootin said:

What’s amazing to me is that Ticketmaster / live nation:

1. Won’t  offer a refund for postponed shows until after a new date is announced, or after 60 days from the show being postponed. In either case they were unable to provide what ticketholders paid for (I.e. a specific show on a specific date

2. Have the audacity to say that when you are able to claim a refund it will take at least 30 days due to the “high volume”. Oddly enough they have no issue charging credit cards when 1mm+ tickets go onsale at the same time for a large stadium size tour. Which is obviously not an issue since it’s all done by computer, but we are supposed to believe that what- they have a clerk or two manually processing refunds. Cmon. Typical shit behavior from a shit company. 

I feel sorry for the small venue owners and smaller bands/artists who aren’t making money hand over foot, but the TM response to this crisis/virus/pandemic is disgusting in my opinion. 

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my Geoff Tate refund and Foreigner too. I will request a refund for the GNR concert too. I don't want to wait and see even if it's next year. 

This virus doesn't follow any rules, and most doctors are saying it'll come around in the fall/winter, so I don't want to wait until possibly 2021 to see a concert. 

I guess ticketmaster/live nation will hold on to our money for as long as they can. This sucks.

• Like 1