Your (Postponed) Concerts in 2020

dontdamnmeuyi2015

On 6/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, BadApples87 said:

Yeah, I hope this happens. Guess we'll see what 2021 brings about the virus. I was excited by this tour. Have seen these bands many times before and since Vince was actually taking his health seriously, I thought this might be one of the Crue's best tours yet. Poison always rock as do Def Leppard. I had so many amazing concerts this year and all have either been cancelled or postponed. Not sure when/if concerts can resume again.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:42 PM, WildStar said:

What the hell is happening with Aerosmith? They have been more silent than GNR

Were they supposed to tour too?

I know the Scorpions were doing a Vegas residency, but that's been cancelled as well.

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I hope this happens. Guess we'll see what 2021 brings about the virus. I was excited by this tour. Have seen these bands many times before and since Vince was actually taking his health seriously, I thought this might be one of the Crue's best tours yet. Poison always rock as do Def Leppard. I had so many amazing concerts this year and all have either been cancelled or postponed. Not sure when/if concerts can resume again.

Were they supposed to tour too?

I know the Scorpions were doing a Vegas residency, but that's been cancelled as well.

Yeah Aerosmith cancelled some Vegas dates but they also have a European tour booked. It starts in Italy in a week. It hasn't officially been cancelled. 

I had so many amazing concerts set up for this year. I can't believe they have all been postponed or cancelled.

I do hope many of these shows can be set for next summer, but who knows?

I do hope Vince Neil is still working out and not drinking as much. If he continues to stay healthy, he could be amazing by next summer.

• Haha 1

My Year was supposed to be:

1. Alter Bridge [Had to sell tickets due to being stupidly busy and the show was 3+ hours away and I would be evaluated the next day for school]
  2. Sebastian Bach [Postponed till November, I think it will be postponed Again]
  3. Alice Cooper [Same as Bach]
  4. The Rolling Stones [Postponed till 2021]
  5. Journey [Cancelled]
  6. Ozzy [Cancelled]
  7. GNR [Postponed till 2021]
  8. Motley Crue and Def Leppard [Postponed till 2021]
  9. Roger Waters [Postponed Till 2021]

I also was planning on buying myself Scorpions tickets in Vegas for a celebration of completing my second degree... but clearly that isn't going to be happening. At least 2021 is shaping up to be a great concert year of prebought tickets.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:51 AM, The Dissident said:

My Year was supposed to be:

1. Alter Bridge [Had to sell tickets due to being stupidly busy and the show was 3+ hours away and I would be evaluated the next day for school]
  2. Sebastian Bach [Postponed till November, I think it will be postponed Again]
  3. Alice Cooper [Same as Bach]
  4. The Rolling Stones [Postponed till 2021]
  5. Journey [Cancelled]
  6. Ozzy [Cancelled]
  7. GNR [Postponed till 2021]
  8. Motley Crue and Def Leppard [Postponed till 2021]
  9. Roger Waters [Postponed Till 2021]

I also was planning on buying myself Scorpions tickets in Vegas for a celebration of completing my second degree... but clearly that isn't going to be happening. At least 2021 is shaping up to be a great concert year of prebought tickets.

I hope you are right about 2021. I was looking forward to al the amazing concerts I was going to see. I do hope these bands can come back in 2021. You just don't know for sure how 2021 will be?

• Like 1

I read some bands and musicians are going to do social distancing concerts starting in August. I'm curious to see how that goes?

I know here in Dallas, they are having drive in concerts. Some are live and Garth Brooks is having a movie of his concerts. The tickets are $100 a car. 

Since it's very hot in Texas now, I doubt I'd be sitting in my car watching a concert for over an hour and leaving my car on for the a/c would be crazy.

I guess this is good for fans who want to do this stuff.

I did like going to drive in movies years ago, but I think they are all closed now. Guess they can make a come back now.

got notice from ticketmaster that the Crue has been postponed. Not sure if/when any new dates will be announced. I think I will just keep the tickets for now.

Same with GNR. The only band I'm waiting to see about is KISS. I'm sure it'll be postponed too since their KISS Kruise has been postponed until 2021.

Just read that Ratt has cancelled their summer tour.

Also Tommy Lee is bummed because their stadium tour would have started tomorrow.

Tommy just recently got married. I would think he would have better things to do than worry about the postponed tour. lol

Don't worry Tommy the tour will be back better than ever in 2021!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my credit card refund for the two concerts that were cancelled. It took about a month to get the refund.

I think I'll keep the GNR and Motley Crue tickets for now. I think if these concerts can't be done in 2021, they will refund the money too.

I'm waiting to hear about my Kiss concert in October. Pretty sure this will be postponed too. KISS has postponed their Kruise until 2021 too.

Hope everyone else gets their ticket refunds soon too.

Was able to get refunded for Black Crowes concert had great seats but new date may not work .Going to hold onto 2 Pearl Jam arena shows and  Doheny festival so technically 3 PJ shows as well as Crue /Leppard show 

16 hours ago, gt72 said:

Was able to get refunded for Black Crowes concert had great seats but new date may not work .Going to hold onto 2 Pearl Jam arena shows and  Doheny festival so technically 3 PJ shows as well as Crue /Leppard show 

The Crue set us another concert date here in Dallas for next August. Anyway, I'm keeping the GNR and Crue tickets for now. If KISS postpones or sets up another date, I will keep those tickets too. I really hate buying tickets online, so for these 3 concerts I will sit tight for now.

Foreigner cancelled outright so I got a refund. Geoff Tate postponed to December, but I doubt that will happen, so I got a refund for him too.

Let's hope next summer is better, but who knows?

Just got an email today from ticketmaster.com telling me that by July 29 GNR will let us know about a new concert date for next year and if you want to keep your tickets or get a refund.

Has anyone else gotten this email?

I think I'll keep my tickets and see what happens next year. I doubt any huge concerts will happen, but I really hope I'm so wrong.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:05 PM, -W.A.R- said:

The Bikini Kill concert i was supposed to go to in September got pushed back to November of next year.

I'll be 2 years older when the concert comes around than i was when i bought the ticket :lol:

Don't worry about it. My mom is over 60 and still goes to concerts with me. We love the same bands. Anyway, I do hope concerts come back next year, because we will all be happier when they do!

Rock on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...