Vocal Coach Reacts to GN'R

12 hours ago, drewhiggins said:

I fucking hate these cunts who do reaction videos. FUCK OFF. They're just a waste of time. Why the fuck do I give a fuck about some fucking nobody giving fucking reactions. Fuck off.

I react and I'm fucking irritated. Get the fuck out of here with that nonsensical shit.

LOL, I agree overall. I kinda got into watching them a year or so ago. Then after watching a lot, I thought "why the fuck did I waste all that time? What do I care what some random person thinks about shit??" 

On 16/11/2019 at 10:25 PM, RussTCB said:

Jesus Christ... That guy couldn't be any more full of himself. 

Well he's a Californian, and he's a youtube "star". I mean, it kinda comes with the territory :P 

I will say that he is completely right about the performance, and if you used another better show from UYI there's valid criticism from this video that can still be used. Axls voice on the UYI tour was not always as great as people like to remember; rasp to the extreme and he pointed out zero tone. 

I would love for him to watch some from 2016-2019, now that would be worth looking at. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drewhiggins said:

I fucking hate these cunts who do reaction videos. FUCK OFF. They're just a waste of time. Why the fuck do I give a fuck about some fucking nobody giving fucking reactions. Fuck off.

I react and I'm fucking irritated. Get the fuck out of here with that nonsensical shit.

This guy isn't a nobody, he's a pretty successful vocal coach if you care to look. And the guy can sing his ass off, and knows about technique... so yeah, when he reacts to a video it holds a lot more water than "Kids react to GNR", or "hip hop fan watches... for first time". Guarantee if he praised this video he'd fair a lot better here. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, Powderfinger said:

It takes a certain personality to Judge someone’s singing while having done fuck all themselves. How many albums has this fuck sold?

What you just said applies to 99.99% of the membership of this site. But it's done just the same. Same goes for judging the musicianship of the band. Why should this dude be looked at any differently?

• 2 years later...

Hi, my heart is warmed knowing that I'm not alone, in finding Ken Tampon a slimy, Egotistical, waste of You Tube. I've seen his vids, and read the comments from all his little sycophantic 'wannabes', who idolise him, which you can bet your @ss he loves!! I'm a Rock vocalist of over 40 years experience, and I can say categorically that his range is good, but that whole 'gotta stick your pointy tongue out' technique, which he swears by, yet no other famous Rock singer I've ever seen, does it!! His Ego is a mile wide, cos he's Sammy Hagars cousin, (woo hoo)!! He most often does covers, however, I know for a fact he gets the subtleties of the vocal phrasing and melody wrong, time andctime again. If he can't 'hear' what the original vocalist did, then he's not as much of a wonderful, gods gift to the world of Rock music as he believes himself to be!! I showed his vids to my Mrs. She said in a heartbeat, he makes my skin crawl!! Well, there ya have it. I can't watch his stuff at all, I can't stand his affected 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth, Look at my shiny white teeth, as I smile fakely, and all the expensive studio stuff I bought, courtesy of needy would be Rock Stars, "by the way did I tell you How awesome I am, and if you do MY course, it'll make you into the best Rock Vocalist  ever. Listen how I ingratiate myself to you in my best 'band camp' style of speaking. So I sound soft and fluffy, and you gullible morons will subscribe to my course. " Puts me in mind of the old adage, " those who can, do. Those who can't, teach"!    Obviously there are exceptions to that rule, but he ain't one of em. He can sing, but he's NOT a singer.