How does Axl feel about all the cameras at todays concerts

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

True that. I'm 5'1 so yeah....always always someone blocking my view! 

Yeah. And nobody says "ban tall people, because they are blocking shorter people's view". They really don't give a shit that they are blocking anybody's view, but get all mad when someone blocks their view.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:32 PM, RussTCB said:

I used to be all "get off my lawn!" about cell phones at concerts too, but it is what it is. It's not going anyway any time soon. 

It could, but I don't think they want to bother. I mean, they did it at the Troubadour show. And were mostly successful.

I've been to comedy shows, such as Kevin Hart, where they prohibited cameras and constantly reminded fans that they'd be ejected for using them during the show. And many people were.

I'm sure it would be harder to catch and enforce at a rock concert, but they could still try. I just think they see it as not worth the effort.

But then again, they seem to have no problem going the extra mile in fighting the copyright battle to the nth degree. So who knows, perhaps their attitude toward cameras will one day change.

On 17/11/2019 at 8:56 PM, k12 said:

nowadays at a concert everyone is standing there filming the show and taking pictures,  is Axl just like fuck it, I wish he would start beating people up again, it is so fucking annoying going to a concert and every asshole is standing there with their fucking arms in the air filming it and it obstructs your view

It's funny that people spend money on concert tickets, then film a lot of the concert on their phones. I find it odd. And I never really watch YouTube

Again, new era, don't get any of it. People need to go up to the front row and let loose. That is what you pay the money for

Edited by Mysteron

39 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

It's funny that people spend money on concert tickets, then film a lot of the concert on their phones. I find it odd. And I never really watch YouTube

Again, new era, don't get any of it. People need to go up to the front row and let loose. That is what you pay the money for

Couldn't agree more. I'll never understand it, but that's what the concert experience amounts to for most people these days. It's insane to me. 

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. I'll never understand it, but that's what the concert experience amounts to for most people these days. It's insane to me. 

yeah, I think for a lot of people it's all about documenting  something for later, something that they will be able to come back to so they forget to live in the moment and it kinda defeats the purpose of attending a concert. At least, it's not the full experience that they're getting but this behavior and the misuse of the smartphone extends to almost any activity and there are at least 4 different psychological reasons of why people get so hooked.

I like what artists like Jack White are doing, just banning cellphone use at concerts but most artists won't do it. Kinda off topic but I think it will take a long time for people to stop misusing their smartphones and it will probably get worse before it gets better. Crazy and I kind of despise it tbh.

• Like 1