Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and Poison 2020 Stadium Tour

The Holographic Universe

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-set-2020-stadium-tour-913823/

I don’t what promoter thought this was a good idea, but there’s no way these 3 acts could fill half a stadium. 

Stevie Wonder could've seen that Crue would tour again, but it still sucks. Stadiums are insanely over ambitious for these 3 acts too. 

I've seen all 3 bands many times, but I don't have any interest in this particular tour. 

So much for never touring again.  Well, like every band that ever did a "farewell" tour.....They're back.

Let's see, I've seen Motley 8 times, Def Lep 5 times, and Poison 3 times.  They are all great when in their prime.  But sadly Vince is DONE these days.  He better get in way better shape and start singing at least HALF the lyrics lol.  

This seems better fit for a amphitheater tour IMO.

Edited by BadApples87

This was supposed to be Poison headling their own tour. Now they have added the Crue. Who's headling now?

I saw Poison with Def Deppard a few years ago. They played AA arena. Hope they do that place again. Don't like to be outdoors in the hot Texas summer.

If the Crue has joined them, I do hope Vince loses weight and stops drinking, Tommy too. Also, I hope Vince starts to sing again. So tired of us fans having to do all the singing during a Crue concert! lol

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I love seeing Motley live even with their shortcomings (vince basically). It's such a fun show still but this will be so overpriced having all three on the bill and yeah like everyone else said, stadiums are wayyy to ambitious.

The Crue is amazing live because of Mick's guitar playing and Tommy's drumming and their awesome songs. Vince hasn't been able to sing for a long time now. If he lost some weight and stopped the drinking, he might be able to sing again. Otherwise, be prepared to sing all the songs. lol

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-set-2020-stadium-tour-913823/

I don’t what promoter thought this was a good idea, but there’s no way these 3 acts could fill half a stadium. 

Well, anytime I've seen Poison, they would fill the venue. Def Leppard and also Motley Crue. Here in Dallas everyone loves the 80's music and these bands always sell out.

This will bomb so hard. Unless they keep the ticket prices reasonable. They certainly can't charge GNR prices.

Crue also signed a contract in blood or something saying they'd never play together again. But then again contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Also doesn't Mick Mars have severe advanced boneitis?

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

95% fan score on Rotten Tomatoes

35% critic score.

I hope this tour isn't being launched solely based on an arbitrary fan score for one of the worst biopic films I've ever seen. 

In any event, you'll definitely not see me at this one.  Never saw Poison and have zero interest.  Saw Def Leppard once and if my wife hadn't bought the tickets I would have left halfway through.  MC with Vince in his current shape and singing condition - no thanks.

41 minutes ago, moreblack said:

This will bomb so hard. Unless they keep the ticket prices reasonable. They certainly can't charge GNR prices.

Crue also signed a contract in blood or something saying they'd never play together again. But then again contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Also doesn't Mick Mars have severe advanced boneitis?

It's a contract about how they won't play again unless it's a full reunion. It really was only about not letting one of them go and tour like NuMotleyCrue if someone dies or something 

Edited by Nicklord

If they come to hershey no one will come, saw Def leppard and tesla in 2015 but tickets off groupon for 20 bucks  and they gave people free front row upgrades to fill the seats. Saw poison also and Hershey did the same thing. These will go on groupon for 20 bucks. 

Edited by Hollywood Zombie

I'd be surprised if that line-up filled arenas... who they hell thought a stadium tour was a good idea? :lol:

I assume they'll have to move the stage to at least the center-field line at every venue? I guess all the amphitheatres were already booked...

The last time I saw Crue was in 2013 and the ticket was $25. No way I'd pay more than that to see them again.

25 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

They probably saw the success GNR had with the stadium tour and thought they could do the same, I don’t know much about MC other than maybe 3 songs, are they that popular that they could sell out a stadium?

GNR sold out stadiums because it was Axl and Slash's reunion tour. Motley Crue were still doing arenas and amphitheatres in their 'late years' but there's no way they sell out a stadium tour without at least adding some other 'co-headliner' bands.
In 2013 they played my local arena (7400 capacity) and I don't think it was quite sold out. They also over-saturated the NA market, they played that arena 3 times since 2005 and did plenty of other shows in other nearby cities. Vince has become a meme, too... it's honestly funny that this is gonna be a stadium tour. Is Def Leppard gonna be the headliner or is Nikki gonna insist that Motley is the headliner? :lol:

36 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

They probably saw the success GNR had with the stadium tour and thought they could do the same, I don’t know much about MC other than maybe 3 songs, are they that popular that they could sell out a stadium?

Not even remotely. This is coming from a pretty big Crue fan. The Dr Feelgood tour was actually the first concert I ever went to. I've seen them at least 5 times. All that aside, I can tell you there's absolutely no way Crue can full stadiums without heavily discounted tickets. 

• GNFNR 1

I knew mc would get back together at some stage. Lets be honest their solo stuff doesnt make enough money to pay the electricity to keep their mansion lights on, so this eventually was going to be a non brainer. Love the crues music but vince is well and truely the weakest link.  The band said fans were petitioning them to reform but i didnt see anything online about it?. 2015 should have been the end. Now people have to endure vince looking look a whale onstage. They are foolish if they think they can charge GNR ticket prices.

I soooo wish poison would tour oz which they have never done.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1