Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and Poison 2020 Stadium Tour

The Holographic Universe

Well, Vince needs to get serious and lose the weight and maybe get a vocal coach. I don't expect him to sound like he did in the 80's, but it seems the last 15 years or so, Vince just can't keep up with the fast pace of the earlier Crue hits. I'm sure he can either change the pace a bit like other bands do or really buckle down and try to do better.

Holding the mic out to the crowd only goes so far.

But like I said, no matter how bad Vince sings, the Crue still sell out shows in Dallas every damn time. Same for Poison and Def Leppard. I'm a little disappointed because I really wanted this to be a full Poison concert. It would be cool for Poison to play at least an hour or maybe more? Guess they are all happy with this tour. Wonder how much money they will get?

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think the self titled album with Corabi is easily their best. I saw him perform the entire album with his solo band which was awesome. I would LOVE it if they just toured with him instead of Vince. 

As good as that album is, Dr. Feelgood is the quintessential Crue record.

'Motley Crue' isn't representative of the band's sound at all and should really have been released under a different name. Corabi was great it just wasn't Motley Crue without Vince. The fans completely rejected that record at the time, which is a shame.

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't like stadium concerts.

The new AT&T cowboy stadium here is overpriced. All the merch is way high and don't get me started on the food prices. It's crazy.

Parking is anywhere from $100 and up. I mean come on.

I would like to see this concert, but have to see my budget and when it'll be. The only good thing about this stadium is it's got a roof now for summer shows. 

I bet these tickets will be close to $200 and over. I paid $250 for GNR and close to $150 for Metallica and about $200 for Post Malone.

None of these bands need the money, but they will charge high ticket prices because they can get it.

The price of parking is still mind blowing at a 100$. I suppose you could park far away and take a cheap Uber to the venue.

On 19/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I knew mc would get back together at some stage. Lets be honest their solo stuff doesnt make enough money to pay the electricity to keep their mansion lights on, so this eventually was going to be a non brainer. Love the crues music but vince is well and truely the weakest link.  The band said fans were petitioning them to reform but i didnt see anything online about it?. 2015 should have been the end. Now people have to endure vince looking look a whale onstage. They are foolish if they think they can charge GNR ticket prices.

I soooo wish poison would tour oz which they have never done.

Yeah, I want Poison to tour Oz too, but instead now it looks like we’ll get them touring here with two other bands I don’t care to see (Crue and Lep), with a shorter set and overpriced tickets... 

18 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

How popular was Def Leppard in NA? I was under the impression that they where on par with bon jovi, by that I mean not relevant today, but still extremely popular to a level that they should be able to sell out stadiums on their own. Educate me! ;)

Def Leppard is pretty popular but couldn't sell out stadiums on their own in the US. 

• GNFNR 1

On 21/11/2019 at 11:07 AM, BadApples87 said:

I actually do love the Crue, almost as much as GNR.  But both singers are becoming liabilities sadly.  Much has already been said about Mickey Axl.  So I'll leave that one alone.  But I hope Vince does better than this on the next tour:

I know we are critical of how axl sings but hes not in the league  this is plain straight up embarrassing  and shit.  He needs to let the crue stuff go he cant do the vocals justice anymore. His vocals when i saw them in 05 was nothing like this. He should  just concentrate  on doing solo stuff maybe add one or two crue songs to the setlist that are not popular, like deep cuts, and thats it. At this level MC are not worth shelling  out over 100.00 for.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Yeah, I want Poison to tour Oz too, but instead now it looks like we’ll get them touring here with two other bands I don’t care to see (Crue and Lep), with a shorter set and overpriced tickets... 

The band  apart from brett have no interest or desire going outside of NA, which is a shame. I heard on tge grapevine poison could  have been support in oz with KISS end of the road tour. But shame they never toured here between 88 and 91 when they were extremely popular.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

You said 3-5 bands who could sell stadiums globally. I’m curious what bands you are referring to?

Well I'd say bands like;

- GNR

- Metallica

- Rammstein (not even sure if they are selling out stadiums in the US)

- AC/DC

Think thats pretty much it for hardrock/metal bands selling out stadiums on a global scale.

I have a younger friend who wants me to take her.  She recently lost her dad and they use to go to these concerts, father passing on music to his daughter.  I'd be honored to do that for him. 

We're just going to ignore all the sexisum in those songs and have a good time.   I'm not dressing like it's the 80's. :lol:

On 11/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

The price of parking is still mind blowing at a 100$. I suppose you could park far away and take a cheap Uber to the venue.

Yeah, but since I live more than an hour from Arlington, taking an Uber would be just as expensive. I know since they built the new stadium someone has to pay for it! lol I know Arlington's taxes went up, but the people approved it. Texans love their Cowboys and they bring in tons of money.

Anyway, just scored KISS tickets, so I will see the price of these tickets and when it is. Since it's pretty far don't like to do during the week shows. lol

It seems when you think none of your favorite bands are touring, then they all do! lol 

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

I have a younger friend who wants me to take her.  She recently lost her dad and they use to go to these concerts, father passing on music to his daughter.  I'd be honored to do that for him. 

We're just going to ignore all the sexisum in those songs and have a good time.   I'm not dressing like it's the 80's. :lol:

Damn! I feel her. My mom goes to concerts with my brother and I all the time. Honestly, she was raised on rock since the 60's and all the way until now, so we love the same bands. It was her who got us into GNR and other bands like them. I can't imagine not seeing concerts with her.

Take the girl to this concert. It will be bittersweet for her, but also make more good memories and honor her dad! :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Def Leppard is pretty popular but couldn't sell out stadiums on their own in the US. 

Well, they did sell out AA here in Dallas and the outdoor venue. Not sure about AT&T stadium, but who knows. Dallas fans love their 80's rock.

I'm sure this tour will sell out the stadium. I will let you guys know!;)

14 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, they did sell out AA here in Dallas and the outdoor venue. Not sure about AT&T stadium, but who knows. Dallas fans love their 80's rock.

I'm sure this tour will sell out the stadium. I will let you guys know!;)

There's a huge difference between an arena and a stadium. I love Def Leppard but there's no way they could ever do a stadium tour by themselves in the US. 

7 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Well I'd say bands like;

- GNR

- Metallica

- Rammstein (not even sure if they are selling out stadiums in the US)

- AC/DC

Think thats pretty much it for hardrock/metal bands selling out stadiums on a global scale.

Including the US, I think the only bands that can sell out a stadium tour are GNR, Metallica, and the Rolling Stones. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Including the US, I think the only bands that can sell out a stadium tour are GNR, Metallica, and the Rolling Stones. 

Didn't Paul McCartney did stadiums on his summer tour this year?  Or are we not counting baseball stadiums, but football stadiums?

Edit: Just checked the tour leg, it wasn't a stadium tour.  Some shows were baseball stadiums like Dodger Stadium here in LA.

Edited by Anguyen92

On 18/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This was supposed to be Poison headling their own tour. Now they have added the Crue. Who's headling now?

I saw Poison with Def Deppard a few years ago. They played AA arena. Hope they do that place again. Don't like to be outdoors in the hot Texas summer.

If the Crue has joined them, I do hope Vince loses weight and stops drinking, Tommy too. Also, I hope Vince starts to sing again. So tired of us fans having to do all the singing during a Crue concert! lol

The Crue is amazing live because of Mick's guitar playing and Tommy's drumming and their awesome songs. Vince hasn't been able to sing for a long time now. If he lost some weight and stopped the drinking, he might be able to sing again. Otherwise, be prepared to sing all the songs. lol

I always thought I should have got a % of Vince's fee as I sang more than him. 

You missed out Nikki. His energy makes a Crue gig special. 

10 hours ago, lame ass security said:

What's the drawing power of U2 these days?  They could possibly do it.

U2 could easily play stadiums. U2 had a stadium tour two years ago in the US. Coldplay can play stadiums in certain markets. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

U2 could easily play stadiums. U2 had a stadium tour two years ago in the US. Coldplay can play stadiums in certain markets. 

Cool.  I have to say, I just don't get the vast popularity of Coldplay.  Usually if I don't like a band I can at least somewhat appreciate their talent and understand why people like them.  But not with this band, I totally don't get it.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, RussTCB said:

There's a huge difference between an arena and a stadium. I love Def Leppard but there's no way they could ever do a stadium tour by themselves in the US. 

Yeah, probably not, but all three, they will come pretty close. I'm afraid how expensive these tickets will be? I will have to see.