GUNS IN VIVE LATINO MEXICO CITY 2020

16 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Eh I guess that isn’t too much of a surprise, given that they have Latin America dates lined up in March.

is this new tour gonna have a name? 

WTF?

Since when Mexico is in Latin America?

I'm sorry to inform you, but Mexico is part of North America. :facepalm:

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/why-mexico-belongs-in-north-america/

GOD! KILL ME NOW! I MEAN, RIGHT NOOOOOOOW!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Technically the UYI tour started in South America with the two Rio dates.

Also technically Slipknot started the We Are Not Your Kind tour this year in Europe (tho it was billed under a different name).

No, formally and officialy the UYI tour began on Alpine Valley Music Theatre, on May 24th and the 25th of 1991.

I'm hating this band right now!

30 minutes ago, Legendador said:

No, formally and officialy the UYI tour began on Alpine Valley Music Theatre, on May 24th and the 25th of 1991.

I'm hating this band right now!

Wikipedia lists the Rio shows as part of the UYI tour, last I checked, but I always knew their placement in the tour’s history is questionable, considering that they’re warmup shows more than anything else. Hence why I said “technically” in my initial statement.

34 minutes ago, Legendador said:

WTF?

Since when Mexico is in Latin America?

I'm sorry to inform you, but Mexico is part of North America. :facepalm:

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/why-mexico-belongs-in-north-america/

GOD! KILL ME NOW! I MEAN, RIGHT NOOOOOOOW!

Central America (aka North America minus the US and Canada) and South America are often informally grouped together under the label “Latin America.” Look it up.

Edited by rocknroll41

47 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wikipedia lists the Rio shows as part of the UYI tour, last I checked, but I always knew their placement in the tour’s history is questionable, considering that they’re warmup shows more than anything else. Hence why I said “technically” in my initial statement.

Central America (aka North America minus the US and Canada) and South America are often informally grouped together under the label “Latin America.” Look it up.

Yup. Mexico is part of Latin America but not part of South America. ;)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Mexico is not Central America LOL! It is soooooo North America! Look it up! :headbang:

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Mexico is not Central America LOL! It is soooooo North America! Look it up! :headbang:

Canada/the US/México - North America

Everything from Guatemala/Belize to Panamá - Central America

Everything from Colombia southward - South America

Everything from México southward - Latin America

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Canada/the US/México - North America

Everything from Guatemala/Belize to Panamá - Central America

Everything from Colombia southward - South America

Everything from México southward - Latin America

Thank You...

Gracias...

Obrigado...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Legendador said:

If you scroll down on this article, it lists Mexico as part of Latin America:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

You are correct tho that Mexico doesn’t count as part of Central America, so I stand corrected in that regard.

The “new album” being “released” in March 2020 is probably *cough* bullshit, but it would be pretty cool if they made that announcement before these tour dates started (so early March), and finally debuted something new at these shows. We’ve said it before, the Mexican GNR fanbase along with South American fans are rabid for this band. They shouldn’t have a single worry about its reception. 

...ah who am I kidding. We’re gonna get the same set list and we’re gonna have to like it. 

Edited by GNRfanJen

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

If you scroll down on this article, it lists Mexico as part of Latin America:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

You are correct tho that Mexico doesn’t count as part of Central America, so I stand corrected in that regard.

Bro, for real! No one uses Wikipedia as a reliable news / info source. Trust me on this one. Mexico is part of North America, not Central, or South, but North America!

Edited by Legendador

22 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Bro, for real! No one uses Wikipedia as a reliable news / info source. Trust me on this one. Mexico is part of North America, not Central, or South, but North America!

Yes, I agreed with you on that point. I’m not saying it’s part of Central America (that was a mistake earlier on my part), I’m saying it’s part of LATIN America (two different regions with some overlap, as someone else pointed out above).

North America is the official continent it’s part of, like you said. Latin America, however, is a “region” that overlaps between different parts of North and South America. Hence why Mexico is considered part of both North America as well as Latin America. It’s just a matter of whether or not we’re talking about continents or regions.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Latinoamerica is about country from Mexico that is North America to Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay is South America . Latinoamerica are country colonized for Spain, Portugal and France. US is North America but isn't Latinoamerica, cause Us was colonized for England.

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Latinoamerica is about country from Mexico that is North America to Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay is South America . Latinoamerica are country colonized for Spain, Portugal and France. US is North America but isn't Latinoamerica, cause Us was colonized for England.

You are reading history backwards. The Dutch, Spanish and French also had colonies in what is now the United States. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes, I agreed with you on that point. I’m not saying it’s part of Central America (that was a mistake earlier on my part), I’m saying it’s part of LATIN America (two different regions with some overlap, as someone else pointed out above).

North America is the official continent it’s part of, like you said. Latin America, however, is a “region” that overlaps between different parts of North and South America. Hence why Mexico is considered part of both North America as well as Latin America. It’s just a matter of whether or not we’re talking about continents or regions.

My bad, you did indeed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are reading history backwards. The Dutch, Spanish and French also had colonies in what is now the United States. 

you are right about Us, but about Latinoamerican country i'm be right. Us has many States and  i know that New Orleans indeed was French Colony. Which one State was Dutch colonies❓

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah I’m rusty on history but I coulda sworn I remember learning in middle school that the US was very close to being a predominately French-speaking nation at one point.

in an alternate timeline, we are all speaking French, and that’s the timeline where Axl released Chinese Democracy 2! :lol: