First ever GnR song that you heard?

IT was 1990, I was 18. my music direction was not defined yet. My best friend was all into MC Hammer and he had this huge slow hit "Have you seen her?" and I was kind off, ok this was good, but large pants and dancing no way. And my other best friend (Slash look-a-like) was all into Aerosmith and Gnr. So he gave me mixed tape. And the first song that was on it was My Michelle. That was this WTF moment when you realize this guys are special. And than after My Michelle was SCOM and PC. That was it I was hooked.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

IT was 1990, I was 18. my music direction was not defined yet. My best friend was all into MC Hammer and he had this huge slow hit "Have you seen her?" and I was kind off, ok this was good, but large pants and dancing no way. And my other best friend (Slash look-a-like) was all into Aerosmith and Gnr. So he gave me mixed tape. And the first song that was on it was My Michelle. That was this WTF moment when you realize this guys are special. And than after My Michelle was SCOM and PC. That was it I was hooked.

You're slightly older than me, I was 16 in 90.

I'm sure the first one I heard was WTTJ, but I oddly do not remember getting the album or how I'd heard of the band.  It changed my musical taste forever, prior to AFD, my favorite albums were Hysteria, Slippery When Wet and Licensed to Ill.

I’m a lot younger than the lot of you, but Appetite was my first Guns album still. I was maybe 13, 14, started working out for the first time and I wanted to find a killer album to lift weights to. Came across Appetite, listened to it maybe a few hundred times that year, was just so taken away by how good it was. Looked up bootlegs and started getting into the other material, joined the forum maybe a year and a half later, have been here ever since!

(meaning WTTJ was my first Guns song because it’s first on Appetite)

November Rain. I was like 15. It was 2007 or something, I was chatting about music with my friend on MSN Messenger and he linked me the NR video on YouTube.

Obviously the video is cheesy as fuck, but that Slash solo outside the church though...

Couple of months later, I bought my first guitar from that same friend

You could be mine definitely in 1991

MTV just started in our country, me and my best friend saw it once and were waiting the next day from 8 am to video taped it and than it how the obsession with GnR started :)

it just changed my musical taste instantly and I started digging for rock, heavy metal, punk, gothic, whatever that has guitar, was loud, aggressive and just ready to make some trouble - I was 13 when I saw it so adrenaline and puberty just kicked in like hurricane :):):) 

it is still my favorite song :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

You could be mine definitely in 1991

MTV just started in our country, me and my best friend saw it once and were waiting the next day from 8 am to video taped it and than it how the obsession with GnR started :)

it just changed my musical taste instantly and I started digging for rock, heavy metal, punk, gothic, whatever that has guitar, was loud, aggressive and just ready to make some trouble - I was 13 when I saw it so adrenaline and puberty just kicked in like hurricane :):):) 

it is still my favorite song :)

This is nearly my exact story, beside I was 11 in 1991. 😃

It was Spring 1988, I was 10 years old and playing sandlot football with a bunch of neighborhood kids and one of the older kids came over with a boom box and said “check this out”. He popped in a cassette of AFD and the jungle scream started. I remember thinking holy shit! Was very different than anything else in the music industry at the time. Rest is history although I do remember being slightly disappointed when UYIs came out. Although still good, UYIs were a complete departure from AFD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

I was a little kid in 1991 and Schwarzenegger was one of my fav movie heroes. I caught the YCBM video on tv and I was hooked. It also kickstarted my interest in heavier music (soon after I caught Enter Sandman on the radio).

Gnr and metallica were in nearly every music mag in 91 and 92, good time to have been a fan.of both of those bands.

• Like 1

No idea. Probably Paradise City or KOHD on the car radio without realizing who it was. I must have seen the YCBM video on MTV constantly and watched it to see Arnie because I loved Terminator 2. I got into rock music and GnR around 1993 and I believe it was WTTJ that someone made me listen to.