First ever GnR song that you heard?

I know that I'd heard a band at my junior high school play sweet Child at around the year 2000. I didn't like it.

The first time I know I heard the real deal was when I saw the video for paradise city in the fall of 2001. It really blew me away, it was the coolest thing I've heard (and seen) in my life, I taped it and watched it over and over again. Not long after that I bought appetite for destruction and was hooked. 

Edited by Homefuck

1 hour ago, FuriousStyles said:

1991. 5 years old. My sister was supposed to take me to see 101 Dalmatians in theatre. Her boyfriend at the time had other plans. Took us to see T2.

That experience changed the course of my life.

KdQOEJu.gif?noredirect

👆👆👆 and when connor is on the motorcycle and getting chased by the other terminator 🚛 and you can hear YCBM in the back ground 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1989 Sweet Child O'Mine, I was 14 years, hear the song in tv, a man with a Skeleton puppet made dance it with Sweet Child O'Mine, days later my brother put this song in his cassette and I said "Hey is the song of the skeleton puppet".

In this cassette my brother has Welcome to the jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine and the acoustic songs from lies. He never was hardly fan of the band, but this days he created a hardcore fan.

October 1987. I was watching MTV with my father. We had just got cable at the time. A video montage came on of George Michael, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and a guy in an electric chair screaming like a banshee. My father said that's a great band. So Jungle was my first song that got me hooked on GNR. 

• Like 1

My uncle had cable before us, so he would record the Headbanger's ball every Saturday night and we would scroll through the videos on Sunday after dinner. When I first saw "Welcome to the Jungle" I was like WTF?  My uncle said just wait the song is cool. My mother was hooked every since!

Not sure what we heard on the radio. Probably WTTJ. But I will never forget the video!

YCMB.  Video.  Early summer 91.  I had heard GN'R songs before, I'm sure, but YCMB was really the first one I "noticed."  I was 9 years old and... fuck... T2 was going to be amazing as a movie and then GN'R who, my older siblings that I looked up to also apparently approved of, summer vacation from school was right around the corner.  Young, carefree, holy fuck was that an amazing time in life.