Guns N' Roses Wrap 'Not in This Lifetime… Tour': $584 Million; 5.4 Million Tickets *3rd Highest Grossing Of All Time*

On 11/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, fantomas said:

And this is why we won't see new music. Financially it just doesn't make sense

I get this. But they are so far ahead, what does it matter? It’s not like an album is a money loser for the band. Sure, time and effort is the cost, but as professionals these assholes have to have some bit of music integrity left. They opened every damn show of NILT tour with a great song, It’s So Easy. And in the beginning, it was probably authentic for them. But shit if they weren’t playing that song straight up the fans’ asses when they figured out how fucking easy it was going to be to rip us off. But for them, personally, they have to want to leave behind something from this era. Something of legacy value. 

On 22/11/2019 at 9:15 PM, janrichmond said:

Because of Axl :P

True!

Also, I'd say that tickets for the UYI tour would have been much cheaper in real terms than for the NITL tour.

Tours used to be used to drive record sales. Then, records became an excuse to tour. Now, bands often don't bother with new records at all, and just go for the tour.

You can't deny that it makes financial sense in this day and age.

Edited by Sausagebrain

It’s always funny when you’re reading an article written by a guy who apparently doesn’t follow the band but has recently seen their show in his region, and then he says stuff like "after 4 years of touring, Axl wasn’t as great at this particular gig as he was in 2016". Yeah, just this gig, what an exception...!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

GUNS N' ROSES has accomplished some unbelievable milestones in just three short years," said the band's American booking agent, Ken Fermaglich. "The band has made new memories for the fans and they are in a great place, yet we have only scratched the surface and there are even more exciting things on the horizon."

Lol what does he know. Probably means more touring.

On 22 November 2019 at 11:09 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Yet only three shows in the United Kingdom, all of them in the southern part of the country (none in Northern England or Scotland).

I came here to write exactly this. In all of 3 years they only came to London once, (for 2 nights), and they played Download. Is that it? Why didn't they play more UK shows? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Friends working for promoters

I sure hope you ain't fooling us! Could mean European-tour!

Although, Im not interested at all if it's another nostalgia tour. Been there, done that.

One very cool christmas gift would be, if Fernandos story in Reddit were true.

Guns N' Roses, can you surprise us?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

I sure hope you ain't fooling us! Could mean European-tour!

Although, Im not interested at all if it's another nostalgia tour. Been there, done that.

One very cool christmas gift would be, if Fernandos story in Reddit were true.

Guns N' Roses, can you surprise us?

I hope next year touring is because of new music.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I hope next year touring is because of new music.

We've still got a month left in 2019, the possibility of new music this year still exists. I strongly believed the band would release something new this year, and while there's been no whispers of that actually occurring, it's not impossible.

In 2020? Yes, I think any touring will be accompanied with new material, whether it be one song, a few, or a whole record's worth.

• Haha 2

On 11/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

Something tells me this isn't the last time we'll be seeing an article like this in conjuncture with NITL...

Right. The NITL tour by GnR- Axl, Slash, and Diplomat Duff is not over yet .

Edited by Amaya
Typo

On 11/22/2019 at 12:20 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

On a per-show basis, the band leveled up from an average gross of $617,000 on the 2012-14 Appetite for Democracy Tour to $3.7 million each night on the Not in This Lifetime… Tour.

Deep down that mind blowing statistic has to just kill Axl, who deluded himself into truly believing he alone was GNR at one point.

Slash should drive a harder bargain next time around considering his presence essentially represents a $3 million dollar difference in the per show take.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Naupis said:

Deep down that mind blowing statistic has to just kill Axl, who deluded himself into truly believing he alone was GNR at one point.

Slash should drive a harder bargain next time around considering his presence essentially represents a $3 million dollar difference in the per show take.

Even in 2014 when it was announced that Duff would replace Tommy for a couple of shows, the ticket sales basically didn’t improve at all. Axl and Duff played to a half empty second division football team stadium here in Argentina.

It was always about Slash. Even if you loved the CD era (which I did, and do), that’s just the plain truth.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Naupis said:

100% agree. 

12 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Even in 2014 when it was announced that Duff would replace Tommy for a couple of shows, the ticket sales basically didn’t improve at all. Axl and Duff played to a half empty second division football team stadium here in Argentina.

It was always about Slash. Even if you loved the CD era (which I did, and do), that’s just the plain truth.

The tour has been  about one particular member only :slash:

• Like 1