Guns N' Roses Wrap 'Not in This Lifetime… Tour': $584 Million; 5.4 Million Tickets *3rd Highest Grossing Of All Time*

Thats a lot of money, good for them. I couldnt care less for how much they made as they havent done anything to justify any kudos from me.

They reunited, yeah, cool, but without any new songs Id rather have nugnr doing their thing and Slash doing his solo stuff full time. This tour even made me dislike Duff, and the guy used to be a huge influence on me as I decided to pick up a bass because of him (yeah, he never were a virtuoso, but the guy had a very unique sound). 

So :shrugs:

We are gonna get a new record by Guns 

The touring is a Money pit for sure but hell Can u blame them ? No interviews just Tour Baby ! 

A new record - Ep or something new will come shortly - Have no idea  what it will sound like - Axl will Get it Done because it’s been proven we don’t have to worry about Slash and writing a record - proven commodity 

Very interested to hear the new record - Hope it has 7 minute epic jams - Slammers And Maybe 1 ballad 

Gnr were on the edge of some very heavy music in 1995 -- and in Slash’s book “ He said - Duff- Izzy And him already wrote and recorded the best Gnr album ever just needed Axl to sing on it - That stuff has been in the Can since 2005 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 6:08 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

Even in 2014 when it was announced that Duff would replace Tommy for a couple of shows, the ticket sales basically didn’t improve at all. Axl and Duff played to a half empty second division football team stadium here in Argentina.

It was always about Slash. Even if you loved the CD era (which I did, and do), that’s just the plain truth.

I agree 100%.

Axl could have brought Duff, Izzy, and Steven back into the fold for Not In This Lifetime, and it wouldn't have succeeded as much as it did having Slash back.

Axl/Slash is what Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant, Tyler/Perry, and Roth/Van Halen were to their respective bands. It makes all the difference.

• Like 4

I spotted this in reddit, kinda made me laugh =)

"I firmly believe they are playing these shows to give them an excuse to not release a new album. When asked about it, they can always say "we're gonna work on some stuff after the tour is over", and then the tour is never over..."

Edited by ThePreacher
  • Haha 1

I wonder how each of The Big 3 earned on their highest grossing tour. Up to 100 million each.At least 50 million each. Deduct costs and the biggest share to TB3 was the greatest expense. 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:25 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I agree 100%.

Axl could have brought Duff, Izzy, and Steven back into the fold for Not In This Lifetime, and it wouldn't have succeeded as much as it did having Slash back.

Axl/Slash is what Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant, Tyler/Perry, and Roth/Van Halen were to their respective bands. It makes all the difference.

Agreed. The old hits are the hits. Axl and Slash are iconic.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

They broke $10 million on five separate engagements throughout the run (London; East Rutherford, N.J.; Tallinn, Estonia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Sao Paulo, Brazil)

I still wonder how did they broke $10 millions in Tallinn. I was at this show and it was not an arena, not a stadium, but a field, therefore the prices were cheaper than usual. We got a Golden Circle for somewhere around 110 EUR. Even if to take into consideration expensive VIP packages, most of the tickets were less than 100 EUR, so they needed at least 90 000 on that show, but from my personal experience and photos from the gig, the actual attendance was around 50 000 - 60 000. So, either it really was the highest attended show on the tour (excluding festival appearances) or they miscalculated something.  

32 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I wonder about how much The Big 3 earned from their record breakong tour? Axl, the most since he owns the name. Then Slash. Then Duff.  At least 50 million each  man. 75 million  each at least .

Look's like Perla picked the wrong time to take Slash to the cleaners in the divorce. 

1 hour ago, smiley said:

indeed, the U2, in the round tour has ridiculous grossing numbers; over 6 million a show! Imagine if the NITL tour was like that? and had the huge number of shows that went along with it, 40 more shows, or even over 200 like the Ed shereen tour that's going right now??