Guns N' Roses Wrap 'Not in This Lifetime… Tour': $584 Million; 5.4 Million Tickets *3rd Highest Grossing Of All Time*

After more than three years and 158 concerts, Guns N' Roses' Not In This Lifetime… Tour has come to a close. And, the final numbers are in: $584.2 million grossed from 5,371,891 tickets sold across six continents' worth of shows. The tour, which began in 2016, concludes as the No. 3 highest-grossing tour in the history of Billboard Boxscore. GNR is represented by UTA's Ken Fermaglich and ITB's Rod MacSween. The tour was promoted by Live Nation. 

The tour reunited Guns N’ Roses members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagen, who -- before reconvening in 2016, hadn't played a show together since 1993.

After warming up at the 500-capacity The Troubadour in West Hollywood, Calif. on April 1, 2016, a newly reunited Guns N’ Roses gave an unofficial kick-off to the Not in This Lifetime… Tourwith two shows at the then-newly opened T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The April 8-9, 2016 concerts sold out at 28,889 tickets and a blistering $7.3 million gross according to figures reported to Billboard Boxscore. Three-and-a-half years and six continents later, GNR returned to Vegas to wrap their sprawling global trek with two final shows at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace on Nov. 2-3. 

From 2016 to 2019, GNR maintained a busy schedule, maximizing their global potential with trips around the world. The tour was rooted in North America, with 87 of 158 shows (55%) taking place in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. But there were also multiple visits to Europe (31 shows), Asia (16) and South America (15), plus eight dates in Australia and one in Johannesburg, South Africa.

With more time in North America, the band was able to play a more even mix of stadiums and arenas, as opposed to quicker runs of only stadiums internationally. Their home-continent touring amounted to $258.5 million and 2.3 million tickets sold, still far ahead of Europe’s $166.1 million.

The tour’s top performing engagements are representative of the band’s global approach. They broke $10 million on five separate engagements throughout the run (London; East Rutherford, N.J.; Tallinn, Estonia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Sao Paulo, Brazil). Similarly, they eclipsed 100,000 tickets on four occasions (London; Mexico City; Buenos Aires; East Rutherford). The London Stadium shows on June 16-17, 2017 were the highlights of the tour on both accounts, with a $17.7 million gross and a paid attendance tally of 140,877.

The Not in This Lifetime… Tour marked the first time that Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan played together since the 1993 Use Your Illusion Tour and their reunion proved the power of the band’s classic lineup.  On a per-show basis, the band leveled up from an average gross of $617,000 on the 2012-14 Appetite for Democracy Tour to $3.7 million each night on the Not in This Lifetime… Tour.

Fans may have thought a reunion (much less a reunion that has lasted three years so far) was impossible but at the close of the decade, here we are: Guns N’ Roses mounted the third most successful tour of all time, closing with a string of sold-out shows in the trek’s fourth and final year.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8544389/guns-n-roses-in-this-lifetime-tour

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8544389/guns-n-roses-in-this-lifetime-tour

"After more than three years and 158 concerts, Guns N' Roses' Not In This Lifetime… Tour has come to a close. And, the final numbers are in: $584.2 million grossed from 5,371,891 tickets sold across six continents' worth of shows. The tour, which began in 2016, concludes as the No. 3 highest-grossing tour in the history of Billboard Boxscore. GNR is represented by UTA's Ken Fermaglich and ITB's Rod MacSween. The tour was promoted by Live Nation. 

The tour reunited Guns N’ Roses members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagen, who -- before reconvening in 2016, hadn't played a show together since 1993.

After warming up at the 500-capacity The Troubadour in West Hollywood, Calif. on April 1, 2016, a newly reunited Guns N’ Roses gave an unofficial kick-off to the Not in This Lifetime… Tour with two shows at the then-newly opened T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The April 8-9, 2016 concerts sold out at 28,889 tickets and a blistering $7.3 million gross according to figures reported to Billboard Boxscore. Three-and-a-half years and six continents later, GNR returned to Vegas to wrap their sprawling global trek with two final shows at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace on Nov. 2-3. 

Axl Rose and Slash of Guns N' Roses perform onstage during the "Not In This Lifetime..." Tour at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 11, 2017 in New York City. 

From 2016 to 2019, GNR maintained a busy schedule, maximizing their global potential with trips around the world. The tour was rooted in North America, with 87 of 158 shows (55%) taking place in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. But there were also multiple visits to Europe (31 shows), Asia (16) and South America (15), plus eight dates in Australia and one in Johannesburg, South Africa.

With more time in North America, the band was able to play a more even mix of stadiums and arenas, as opposed to quicker runs of only stadiums internationally. Their home-continent touring amounted to $258.5 million and 2.3 million tickets sold, still far ahead of Europe’s $166.1 million.

The tour’s top performing engagements are representative of the band’s global approach. They broke $10 million on five separate engagements throughout the run (London; East Rutherford, N.J.; Tallinn, Estonia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Sao Paulo, Brazil). Similarly, they eclipsed 100,000 tickets on four occasions (London; Mexico City; Buenos Aires; East Rutherford). The London Stadium shows on June 16-17, 2017 were the highlights of the tour on both accounts, with a $17.7 million gross and a paid attendance tally of 140,877.

Guns N' Roses perform in concert during weekend one of the 2019 ACL Fest at Zilker Park on Oct. 4, 2019 in Austin, Texas.

The Not in This Lifetime… Tour marked the first time that Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan played together since the 1993 Use Your Illusion Tour and their reunion proved the power of the band’s classic lineup.  On a per-show basis, the band leveled up from an average gross of $617,000 on the 2012-14 Appetite for Democracy Tour to $3.7 million each night on the Not in This Lifetime… Tour.

Fans may have thought a reunion (much less a reunion that has lasted three years so far) was impossible but at the close of the decade, here we are: Guns N’ Roses mounted the third most successful tour of all time, closing with a string of sold-out shows in the trek’s fourth and final year."

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, soon said:

Those figures are staggering! I dont know how boxscores work, so maybe a silly question but, does it include merch and any possible cuts of food/drink in addition to tickets and VIP experiences?

Probably since it come to $3.7 mil per show. 

• Thanks 1

What’s crazy to me is the size and breadth of this tour—and yet it’s still 36 shows short of the UYI tour. Also crazy, is that the UYI tour apparently didn’t churn out a profit until I think a year into it IIRC, I think that’s from Duffs book. I wonder if any other artist has done a tour like this—this huge in size—and it wasn’t in support of an album?

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Does this put any stock into the 2020 shows being something different? Is NITL actually done?

Probably not, unfortunately.

nevertheless, this is still a great achievement, so congrats to GnR... but seriously, NITL needs to end.

Edited by rocknroll41

37 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I gotta say, as much (rightful) bitching this forum does sometimes, this reunion is one of my favorite things to happen this entire decade. GNR is my favorite band. I never got to see them in their prime, but because of this tour, I got at least a taste of why this band is so legendary. I’m happy for their success. 

(With that being said, I will still be a said complainer on this forum about lack of new music and excess laundry bags :lol:)

Well that's the thing that cracks me up about people who attempt to insult this site and it's users: just because we can call the band put for stupid things (laundry bags, over priced everything else) doesn't mean we aren't happy for the band when things are going right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Probably not, unfortunately.

nevertheless, this is still a great achievement, so congrats to GnR... but seriously, NITL needs to end.

Slash posted a thing on Instagram about it being the proper end of NITL so I reckon it actually is done and the new tour will be called something else

• Like 1

Well, seems like this is really the end of NITL. We didn´t have this kind of articles before. It´s almost like a press release or something. Also the last time we had  the "the end? We're just getting started" on the tour page of gunsnroses.com so they were teasing us from the beggining.

Now we only have some festivals dates but it seems to be something else. I think that we'll hear something new the next year in some form

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

What’s crazy to me is the size and breadth of this tour—and yet it’s still 36 shows short of the UYI tour. Also crazy, is that the UYI tour apparently didn’t churn out a profit until I think a year into it IIRC, I think that’s from Duffs book. I wonder if any other artist has done a tour like this—this huge in size—and it wasn’t in support of an album?

I wonder if any of the last stones tours, forty licks, 40 on fire or no filter were close?.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I hope so. Hopefully he doesn’t walk back that statement!

"NITL, the journey continues"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yet only three shows in the United Kingdom, all of them in the southern part of the country (none in Northern England or Scotland).

I hope the rumours of a Scottish gig next year come true (based on one posters discussion with Frank IIRC)!

• Like 3