CBS 8 San Diego- Guns N' Roses play sold-out show at San Diego Sports Arena in 1992

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, it’s sort of... alien to me if I’m to imagine how I would perceive the band if I was a gen Z or whatever and discovered them as a teenager only in 2006 or so. The notion would be so much different. I mean, I didn’t see them live in their prime unfortunately, but I did experience that era and when they were all over TV and press. Today’s kids would look at 92 Axl and say, "what the hell was he wearing!?" The thing is, not only was it cool, but he sort of defined a part of rock n’ roll fashion with his (or his designers’) creations! Today’s kids will never understand etc. :D

The converse shoes yes, the kilt not so much!!🙂

10 hours ago, lame ass security said:

True, didn't he claim to have run cross country in high school?  His lung capacity must've been off the charts.

Im sure he worked out alot during the uyi tour. He didnt seem to be excercise orientated during the AFD time period, but he became very athletic during the illusions period.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

And here I was thinking that the elastic shorts was the thing that was the over-the-top problem for people! 

I read somewhere that the sweat from the leather pants used to stain  his legs  black, so i suppose he had to be practical with the shorts.🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Man when I describe the zealous love I have for this band, and the energy they have, I’m reminded that I’m not alone by videos like this. I’d kill to have the experience from the UYI tour. They were the most dangerous band in the world, and rightfully rules the world during the tour. No other band had the spectacle or energy of these guys, it’s like the Beatles coming to the US for the first time, except amplified by drugs, sex, and an edge few bands have ever carried. Man I hope The illusion records get some love on the 30th anniversary 

I saw the UYI tour 3 times over 3 years and every show had that "most dangerous band..." feeling. 

If there is a plan for UYI anniversary releases, I really hope some live shows are part of it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im sure he worked out alot during the uyi tour. He didnt seem to be excercise orientated during the AFD time period, but he became very athletic during the illusions period.

Yes, you are right. He did work out before the UYI tour (and also tried to get to resolve some mental issues), and brought his Exercycle with him on tour (the same machine he had moved to studio when recording vocals for the Illusions).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yep.

Axl: "The chiropractor we work with on the road tapes my ankles professionally. I kept twisting my ankles during shows, and it still happens now and then. I have weak ankles, always have. I used to run cross-country, and that was one of the things that got in the way of that. So I work with a chiropractor. " [Rolling Stone, April 2, 1992].

An interview with Axl's cross-country coach, Phil Hurt, was also published on October 20, 1991, in Indianapolis Daily Star.

Very cool, would like to read that interview.

Edit: Yeah, I just found the article, it was the one where his coach talked about him being a boastful loud mouth.😄 It was actually his eighth grade year.  I assume by the time he got to high school the only running he was doing was from the cops.

Edited by lame ass security

14 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Very cool, would like to read that interview.

Edit: Yeah, I just found the article, it was the one where his coach talked about him being a boastful loud mouth.😄 It was actually his eighth grade year.  I assume by the time he got to high school the only running he was doing was from the cops.

Good, apologies for not pasting a direct link to the interview.

I don't know where you found it, but for future reference, here are the ones we have: http://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, you are right. He did work out before the UYI tour (and also tried to get to resolve some mental issues), and brought his Exercycle with him on tour (the same machine he had moved to studio when recording vocals for the Illusions).

Is there a photo of this machine?.