Faith No More

Stiff Competition

Something is brewing!

hopefully a new album and tour...

The last album was awesome and the tour was amazing. I got to see them at a surprise gig at the Troubadour on that cycle and it was unreal.

I could kind of see them touring with Rage but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. Patton has some Bungle shows in February so I’d imagine that whatever is happening will be after those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Maybe just live performances with Faith No More. Patton said he thought they kinda tipped the scales with Sol Invictus. But of course I'd love it if another FNM album is in the works.

Yeah but I think in the same interview he also said but he’s learned to not say never anymore and who knows. I also think I read that roddy and the other guys were writing together a while back, so if they had material, Mike would just have to lay down vocals. And it’s not like they broke up or anything, they just finished their touring and went on to other things, so who knows.

who would have thought there’d be any incarnation of bungle shows happening in 2020?

Saw them in London 2012 at Brixton Academy and had a great time at the show. Two years later saw them at Hyde Park Festival and was a bit underwhelmed, even with the debut of two new tracks. Not sure a summer festival really fits with their vibe.

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Saw them in London 2012 at Brixton Academy and had a great time at the show. Two years later saw them at Hyde Park Festival and was a bit underwhelmed, even with the debut of two new tracks. Not sure a summer festival really fits with their vibe.

Yeah they aren't really a festival band in my opinion. I have seen them twice..once in a 1200-1400 seat theater and once in a 300 capacity club. The smaller the better. The club show was amazing and super casual. They didn't wear their outfits or anything, just street clothes. They played their entire new album and then everything else you'd wanna hear on top of it.

• Like 1

Their website has a countdown timer with  8 hours 42 mins to go. 

http://www.fnm.com

Has to be a new album. Had read somewhere the band (without Patton) were jamming new songs. 

Here it is

Back in November 2018, keyboardist Roddy Bottum revealed in an interview with The Ring, the Cage, and the Stage that he had been “periodically going to San Francisco” to make music with some of his bandmates.

Edited by vloors

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Whos the  guitarist in the band nowdays?. I doubt jim martin would be playing with them and not sure if trey was ever in any recent lineup. 

I was wondering that too. I'm not against them without Jim and I really liked that last album which was without him. Just curious who's their guitarist these days. 

I've only seen them once, opening for Guns and Metallica but they were fucking great. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. 

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was wondering that too. I'm not against them without Jim and I really liked that last album which was without him. Just curious who's their guitarist these days. 

I've only seen them once, opening for Guns and Metallica but they were fucking great. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. 

Jon Hudson who played on Album of The Year as well as Sol Invictus.

He's fine...I feel like he's one of those guys that just sort of is there and lets the other guys be the presence on stage.

They are still amazing live. I can't wait to see them again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

3 festival dates were announced after the countdown...

How anticlimactic.

Yep and I was hoping for a album

Festival tours announced so far

Sunstroke Festival Ireland June 13

Hellfest France June 20

Tons of Rock Norway June 26

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They have toured oz a couple of times nut ive never see  them and i dont know why 🤦‍♂️. When  the real thing came out in 89 or so it was constantly being played, love the album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...