12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

How about a ptivate section @downzy

It can have sub sections-

General discussion 2000+ posts to access

Download section 3000+ posts to access

Media section 3000+ posts to access

Attitude section 3000+ posts to access

Problem solved

Hah i had already suggested something simular. Locked areas for members only or post count where we can safely post links to videos and so on.

Also force people to log in to view content because any random can view our posts without needing to atm.

Got no response.

Edited by vloors

24 minutes ago, vloors said:

Hah i had already suggested something simular. Locked areas for members only or post count where we can safely post links to videos and so on.

Also force people to log in to view content because any random can view our posts without needing to atm.

Got no response.

LOL, gives us a minute.... We have a lot of other things going on in our lives, so something this big will take us a minute to get through. 

25 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Solutions for what? What is this in response to?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223008-no-more-links-to-unofficial-or-unlicensed-content/?tab=comments#comment-4753908

17 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

It's 2019

The band is irrelevant

Let it die 

The band has been dead for a long time. I couldn't care less about their legacy, seeing as they clearly don't. I'm more concerned with our community. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Could it be possible, instead of making private sections, to just hide the YouTube links from users that have less than X posts? So let’s say I post a video in the Axl Rose voice thread, the people who don’t have that amount of posts will not be able to see the link but the others will. Can that be done?

So that way you can stop dividing the forum and instead you just hide the YouTube links.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, gives us a minute.... We have a lot of other things going on in our lives, so something this big will take us a minute to get through. 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223008-no-more-links-to-unofficial-or-unlicensed-content/?tab=comments#comment-4753908

The band has been dead for a long time. I couldn't care less about their legacy, seeing as they clearly don't. I'm more concerned with our community. 

i think the band truly died after the 2002 fiasco that was Axl's only chance to make a proper comeback everything since has been a debacle of sorts - NITL happens solely because Axl was broke (capitlizing on his oh so touché statement after a nice romp with Lana del Rey, his only celeb roast other than stephanie) and the TB leeches wanted in, Slash's divorce, Duff's greedy nature, the nuguns from 2006-2014 were like a stupid coke infused tribute band minus izzy's one off appearances and the classic era 85-93 is RIP forever unless they were to reunite with those lineups a combo of the original 5 and the UYI tour one now that would be too sane and proper for TB and Axl to manage cause they prefer to count the pennies that go in the jars and don't tip waiters nor pay suppliers cause their "businessmen" and if someone plays in their end of the sand box they hit them and cry profusely to go away cause their only scratching the surface with the milk train and their are plenty of more cheesy ass gnr trinkets that need to be peddled at the dollar store  along with the silencing of anyone with a memory from the 90s and most importantly ferdouche's burgeoning fashion design career to consider before ever wondering that well, the music that they are playing has really run its course into the oblivion of shitty legacy 80s bands such as poison, motley crue, def lepard, bon jovi, twisted sister and whitesnake when during their hey day they were the gold standard above everyone else and based only on that and the absent members that helped get them there, they got rich again while fans took their pee breaks during CD songs 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I do realise you guys have lives but I did suggest it to downzy a few months ago on another thread. 

14 minutes ago, vloors said:

I do realise you guys have lives but I did suggest it to downzy a few months ago on another thread. 

Right... And again; we have a ton going on outside of this forum. So just because you've suggested a private section months ago doesn't mean any of us have had the time or energy to look into it further. 

29 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i think the band truly died after the 2002 fiasco that was Axl's only chance to make a proper comeback everything since has been a debacle of sorts - NITL happens solely because Axl was broke (capitlizing on his oh so touché statement after a nice romp with Lana del Rey, his only celeb roast since the old days) and the TB leeches wanted in, Slash's divorce, Duff's greedy nature, the nuguns from 2006-2014 were like a stupid coke infused tribute band minus izzy's one off appearances and the classic era 85-93 is RIP forever unless they were to reunite with those lineups a combo of the original 5 and the UYI tour one now that would be too sane and proper for TB and Axl to manage cause they prefer to count the pennies that go in the jars and don't tip waiters nor pay suppliers cause their "businessmen" and if someone plays in their end of the sand box they hit them and cry profusely to go away cause their only scratching the surface with the milk train and their are plenty of more cheesy ass gnr trinkets that need to be peddled at the dollar store  along with the silencing of anyone with a memory from the 90s and most importantly ferdouche's burgeoning fashion design career to consider before ever wondering that well, the music that they are playing has really run its course into the oblivion of shitty legacy 80s bands such as poison, motley crue, def lepard, bon jovi, twisted sister and whitesnake when during their hey day they were the gold standard above everyone else and based only on that and the absent members that helped get them there, they got rich again 

The band very much could've had a future up until around 2006 / 2007 or so. It's clear that the GN'R we've had since 2016 is definitely all about the money though. Axl, Slash & Duff are all 3 equally guilty of that. 

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I agree with @ZoSoRose. A lot of us only come on here anymore because of the community. I've made some very close friends on here and I'd hate to lose touch with them as a result of the site getting shut down. 

See below. 

9 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Maybe we should all become Metallica fans and turn it into a Metallica forum.

The forum isn't going anywhere. The community itself is worth all this bullshit if you ask me. Personally, I'd be all for just making My World the main D&N section, so we can all discuss other music by artists who actually put out albums and/or give a remote shit about their fans. 

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

^^^^^^^ I have no idea why this quote showed up twice. Weird. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Its not even about the band. Gnr is lame. But I, and a lot of others, have been here for years. I've been here since 2007. Thats a long ass time. I dont want these boards to diminish and die because of some crazed lunatics.

This is an effective and relatively simple solution, is it not?

This is my stance. Ceased to care about Guns N' Roses about ten years ago, possibly longer. Only come here for the discussions on non-Guns things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Whilst I understand the sentiment, loads of people will miss out - lots of good people. I am not a trouble maker but just because I likely have less than 2k posts people like me would miss out on some great debate and discussion.

Then post more and get into the sections you want

Creeps would be vetted out before they hit that post count.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Whilst I understand the sentiment, loads of people will miss out - lots of good people. I am not a trouble maker but just because I likely have less than 2k posts people like me would miss out on some great debate and discussion.

I agree with this. Although I have been a GNR fan since 87, I really only posted on the HTGTH website  from 1998-2016. I only found out about this website when the reunion occurred. I've since accumulated 595 posts. 900 on the other website. Considering that I'm typing with one arm and working, it would be very difficult for me to accumulate 2,000 or 3,000 posts as a result of having a disability. I would be missing out. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 3

It should be  something like "500 posts minimum" or "Joined before 2013"... I don't know what the exact rules should be, and in any case I'm sure exceptions to the rules can be made, but you guys should absolutely set up private sections on this forum... I'm pretty sure there used to be private sections a few years ago I don't see why it can't be done again.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It should be  something like "500 posts minimum" or "Joined before 2013"... I don't know what the exact rules should be, and in any case I'm sure exceptions to the rules can be made, but you guys should absolutely set up private sections on this forum... I'm pretty sure there used to be private sections a few years ago I don't see why it can't be done again.

That was my thought; like some folks could be grandfathered in so to speak due to their history of actively posting. @Dragunsis one that comes to mind. Other folks like that could get a pass into the new sections for example. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That was my thought; like some folks could be grandfathered in so to speak due to their history of actively posting. @Dragunsis one that comes to mind. Other folks like that could get a pass into the new sections for example. 

Exactly... start with relatively strict guidelines, like 3000+ posts or something, and let batches of new users in every so often.

• Like 2