Solutions

My solution is to take the money I would have spent on GNR merch lately and use the extra cash to upgrade my membership on the Pearl Jam Ten Club from digital to analog.  

Whatever happens, we hardcore GNR fans will always be able to share and access videos and live streams somehow.  So I am not worried about my own personal ability to see them, however I hope there is a solution where honest newcomers to the GNR fandom get to acess them as well.   Videos online are the only reason I became interested in following GNR in the first place

Edited by WhazUp

3000 seems like an arbitrarily high number. Appreciate the intention but that cutoff penalizes many forum members in good standing. I’ve lurked here since the mid 2000s and even have a prior user name (forgot the password and the college email it was tied to is long defunct). 

Maybe there could multiple qualifiers: post #, years registered, pay a fee, no new users/visitors, etc. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

3000 seems like an arbitrarily high number.

That's what it was. I'm just saying start with either a really high post count and/or joined X number of years ago, then let other members in from there. You've been around for years and should be included, it doesn't have to be entirely about post count, but it can be a factor.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

24 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

My solution is not going to Guns N' Roses concerts, buying Guns N' Roses merchandise, following Guns N' Roses on social media, etc.

Until management is changed and fans are shown respect, that's my permanent solution. 

Get on board, TB/GNR or uh... 

I bet they'll choose Option B. 

• Sad 1

i want axl to dedicate DTJM to me and this board it'd go something like this 

"You know the internet, I'm not too sure I'm a fan of it. They'll say shit about you, you can't control it and they'll call you out for taking their money, not releasing new music and censoring their posts. Well home fucks. If you think my voice is shot and fernando is a douche and why the old guys aren't in the band, then I got news for you...

(sorum and izzy appear - the aliens are fired on the spot) 

This is a song called Double Talkn Jive motherfucker and we'll dedicate it to the same profile from mygnrforum you stupid fucking asshole! 

Sorum begins thrashing the intro... YESSS

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

This would be unfair to good people that post here.

I agree.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That was my thought; like some folks could be grandfathered in so to speak due to their history of actively posting. @Dragunsis one that comes to mind. Other folks like that could get a pass into the new sections for example. 

That's a good idea, because you probably already know who all is a regular/active member here. I always see the same usernames posting 80% of the time so I know who I can trust, and when I see a new profile it stands out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Incredibly saddened to its come to this. Not even in the mood to rant about this issue. Just incredibly sad.

I think if TB had their way they would wish the fans were just casual fans as their expectations are minimal. But they dont fill the bands pockets like hardcore fans do.

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

How about a ptivate section @downzy

It can have sub sections-

General discussion 2000+ posts to access

Download section 3000+ posts to access

Media section 3000+ posts to access

Attitude section 3000+ posts to access

Problem solved

Guess I'll just let myself out then.....

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i want axl to dedicate DTJM to me and this board it'd go something like this 

"You know the internet, I'm not too sure I'm a fan of it. They'll say shit about you, you can't control it and they'll call you out for taking their money, not releasing new music and censoring their posts. Well home fucks. If you think my voice is shot and fernando is a douche and why the old guys aren't in the band, then I got news for you...

(sorum and izzy appear - the aliens are fired on the spot) 

This is a song called Double Talkn Jive motherfucker and we'll dedicate it to the same profile from mygnrforum you stupid fucking asshole! 

Sorum begins thrashing the intro... YESSS

Seems unlikely...

This here will be my 50th post and I registered end of July, 2016. With that said, I know that I'm not one of the "well known" people around here, and even if the minimum required post count was 100 it would still probably take another few years for me to be eligible to get access to this so called private area. However I still would absolutely support the creation of such an area of the forum just because I know those assholes wouldn't be able to ruin it.

7 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Not to be a bummer but isn't this whole idea of a "private section" kinda too late considering just how much GnR content we've already lost?

Alot of future stuff like upcoming live shows etc could be posted there or reups of the older stuff.

dude, I consider myself Active and I think I joined in 2006, I have less than 2500 posts, fuck a 3k requirement, that's ridiculous and will just lead to mass spam.  I see a 3k requirement, and that tells me I have to post "lol" or "Good point" 500 fucking times.

Not that it matters anyway, this persons/persons infiltrates everything eventually.  Some people trusted in the community are obviously helping them, probably for some unreleased shit, or simply because they enjoy trolling and watching the forums fucking react every time they tell you to jump.  The point is, it's not a simple solution, because a 3k wall or even a 1k wall is going to piss off legit users and it's all going to get reported anyway.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

dude, I consider myself Active and I think I joined in 2006, I have less than 2500 posts, fuck a 3k requirement, that's ridiculous and will just lead to mass spam.  I see a 3k requirement, and that tells me I have to post "lol" or "Good point" 500 fucking times.

Not that it matters anyway, this persons/persons infiltrates everything eventually.  Some people trusted in the community are obviously helping them, probably for some unreleased shit, or simply because they enjoy trolling and watching the forums fucking react every time they tell you to jump.  The point is, it's not a simple solution, because a 3k wall or even a 1k wall is going to piss off legit users and it's all going to get reported anyway.

Exactly, that would make this place absolutely ridiculous. Imagine how it would look like. 

Me, I registered in 2006 but only started posting properly/regularly around 2015. And I'm not gonna start posting crap just to make it count. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

I lived without GNR for 15-20 years, guess will survive without in the future...

Not interested myself in overpriced live shows of NITL, not interested in lame merch or reissues of albums made 39 years ago... had fun "discovering" old live shows... My AFD and UYIs are long time ago overplayed...

Guess non-gnr part of forum will be enough for me...

Fuck em...