12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

How about a ptivate section @downzy

It can have sub sections-

General discussion 2000+ posts to access

Download section 3000+ posts to access

Media section 3000+ posts to access

Attitude section 3000+ posts to access

Problem solved

So me being a member for over 12 years would only show me the General Discussion if we go by post count?

That would suck, not lying. I'm not someone who spams or whatever.

• Like 3

I think the problem is shared accounts, or just like someone posted: posters helping them. I think lots of genuine fans will be affected, and still people would be in those sections who are friendly with those two. We know this. There's no miracle solution and I think just putting quota is something that might do more harm than good. Plus, @ZoSoRose, no offence, but you yourself said you're here for the community, not for the band anymore. I'm sorry, but if people who've been here for years coming to check up on the band and occasionally posting aren't allowed in anymore, but people who lost interest years ago are, what's the sense of being mygnrforum?

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

But all of these solutions won't solve the YouTube issue or will they? 

Of course these sad little individuals would have to search the videos on their own then but they'd probably still do that and delete the videos anyway

We would make it a little harder for them but still not impossible 

4 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

But all of these solutions won't solve the YouTube issue or will they? 

Of course these sad little individuals would have to search the videos on their own then but they'd probably still do that and delete the videos anyway

We would make it a little harder for them but still not impossible 

True, you can just hit "guns n roses" and search for it on Youtube. It may prevent the deletions from happening in other cases though, like FB. I believe they can't get there just by searching, unless they're "friends" with the given person. 

Edited by jamillos

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I think the problem is shared accounts, or just like someone posted: posters helping them. I think lots of genuine fans will be affected, and still people would be in those sections who are friendly with those two. We know this. There's no miracle solution and I think just putting quota is something that might do more harm than good. Plus, @ZoSoRose, no offence, but you yourself said you're here for the community, not for the band anymore. I'm sorry, but if people who've been here for years coming to check up on the band and occasionally posting aren't allowed in anymore, but people who lost interest years ago are, what's the sense of being mygnrforum?

i find it hugely ironic that someone who claims to be in it "for the community" would propose what is probably the most community-unfriendly solution since the beginning of this forum..... and if that wasn't enough, tell people to post more! that's litterally giving me memories of the diablo debacle.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZiYJYUZ8sch0pkQpYEuV

I agree something should be done but the amounts of posts people have isn’t the answer. This is the biggest and busiest GNR forum out there. Alienating members on things like x amount of posts is going to gradually make the forum less active and will end up like the other forums and that’s what that sad waste of space on truth wants. 

Personally I’m not a big poster but I don’t know why posters like myself should be excluding from discussions when I joined a bit before this whole YT strike started. 

I think the first step should be to temporarily stop accepting new members till it’s sorted. Maybe then look at members who have joined since around the time it all kicked off with the videos. If there’s members in that group that have posted regularly then I don’t see why they should miss out too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is my stance. Ceased to care about Guns N' Roses about ten years ago, possibly longer. Only come here for the discussions on non-Guns things. 

But yet you keep posting about GNR related things in almost every thread. 

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think if TB had their way they would wish the fans were just casual fans as their expectations are minimal. But they dont fill the bands pockets like hardcore fans do.

Uhm, well. Actually they do. Out of the 20.000 to 50.000 people attending an arena/stadium gig only a couple 100, maybe a couple thousands (if you extend that term to beyond people bitching on message boards) are hardcore fans.

Edited by PatrickS77

I don't often get a lot of time to check the boards which I why I very rarely post, but locking people out if they haven't reached 3000 or so posts would be BS and i'm sure a lot of people would get bummed out and leave the forum if they haven't hit that number. All I'm saying is there has to be a better solution such as number of years as some have suggested. Also, an obligatory Fuck Team Brazil

Hey everyone.... Calm down lol. 

The whole idea behind this thread is spit balling. The wheels aren't in motion for anything like this yet. We're just gathering ideas and opinions as if now.

Yes, @ZoSoRoseis coming off a bit snippy here and there, but I think his heart is in the right place. He's just tossing one idea out there is all.

Truth is (no pun intended) that we don't really know if there is a solution to this. What we do know is that we have NO intention of letting the forum be bullied out of existence. 

Instead of piling on or critique of Zosos idea, I'd love it if people brought other ideas to the table so we can truly consider anything and everything to improve the current situation for our users. :)

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

So me being a member for over 12 years would only show me the General Discussion if we go by post count?

That would suck, not lying. I'm not someone who spams or whatever.

I think time as a member could be one way of getting in too. If you clearly arent one of the circus freaks then you would be good

• Like 1

This probably won’t work, but since we’re all spitballing, why not. 

Let’s say upon clicking into this private section, before actually getting admitted inside, there is a questionnaire type thing. I don’t mean some stupid “Who’s your favorite member of Guns N’ Roses?” But some questions formatted in a way that will actually help decipher whether you’re good or not, which most of us are. Then these answers would be sent to the mods who I feel are pretty level-headed, who will then grant access. I’m apart of some FB groups/fanpages and I know this was their method to get in. 

The biggest problem with this is that it’s very easy to lie on the internet. Anyone with half a brain could put together something that sounds good. 

So I guess with that being said...never mind, lol. I tried. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Jesus no it wouldnt. Post more then

And it's better than having nothing at all

Some of you are ridiculous

I don't. Be deffend myself, because i have the quota about posts allow, i just think in that good people not need are out in this Forum just for 2  assholes. If you think it is ridiculous..... all good. Peace ✌

I don't. Be deffend myself, because i have the quota about posts allow, i just think in that good people not need are out in this Forum just for 2  assholes. If you think it is ridiculous..... all good. Peace ✌

• Like 3

We could always set up a group page for mygnrforum on facebook where people can go and share links or do whatever they please and keep it off the forum. Im a member of a couple of fb groups and they work well.

Fb group pages can be setup private where only administrators can approve access. They can also see who they dealing with. Only allow trusted members from here to that group.

I do also like @ZoSoRose idea but the post counts should be like 10 percent what quoted. Maybe a few hundred for access.

Also the forum should be locked unless you log in. Atm anyone can view any post without logging in.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 3

Perhaps 'verification' could be an idea for access? 

This could come in a few different ways (even possibly proof of ID for brand new users?) and therefore doesn't need to be so contingent on post counts. I'm pretty sure it would only take a look at 'post history' or similar to verify whether people were genuine or not. If they don't have a huge post history here,  someone like myself for instance who has been very active on HTGTH since the early 2000s, could be verified by looking at that.

Obviously this would take a bit of time from admins (especially in the early stages) to get everyone verified, but I'm sure there are users here (myself included) who would happily help with that process. 

I think there are probably far more people under the weird-spell of 'those that shall not be named' who are probably constantly going back to them with snippets of information for some inexplicable reason. What can be done about them, I'm not sure.