Solutions

3 minutes ago, Graeme said:

When it says "unofficial or unlicensed content", what exactly does that mean? Like, if I were to post a YouTube video of Richard and Robin playing "Beautiful" from 2006 (to pluck a random example out of the air), is that now unacceptable? Same with phone recordings of live shows or videos from pre-1993 that people have uploaded to YouTube?

If so, is this only pertinent to Guns N' Roses-related material, can people still share videos of random bands that have nothing to do with Guns N' Roses in My World? 

You're pretty close with the Beautiful example. 

Here's how it works to the best of my understanding:

Only licensed videos can be posted. So if a festival, news organization or official channel has a YouTube page with licensed content, it can be posted here. If it's not licensed, we can't have it posted. So in your example, if someone had posted that clip of Beautiful and its licensed, then it can be posted here. 

Unfortunately the same does go for any content whether it's GNR or not. The whole thing is insane and sad. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Only licensed videos can be posted. So if a festival, news organization or official channel has a YouTube page with licensed content, it can be posted here. If it's not licensed, we can't have it posted. So in your example, if someone had posted that clip of Beautiful and its licensed, then it can be posted here. 

Unfortunately the same does go for any content whether it's GNR or not. The whole thing is insane and sad. 

Russ, this way you're getting yourselves into a lot of hassle, because now you're going to have to investigate wether something is licensed or not....

we're talking about complex juridical problems here, that have to be profoundly investigated on a case to case base, link per link...

I can't see this being a satisfying, even safe, scenario for the future.

I don't think this will end up well....

it is indeed, insane and sad

35 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

For those freaking out over an IDEA. Here are some revisions to chill you out. All are IDEAS

1. A very high post count gets you in. This is a very easy way to verify you are a regular and not a lunatic

2. Verification gets you in. You need x amounts of posts but less than the above point. If you can prove you are not one of the circus freaks with an ID or something, you are in. Yeah, that sucks. A lot of people wont do it

3. Years active. If you havr been ACTIVE on here for years and don't meet the exact post count but are clearly trustworthy, exceptions can be made

Yes, people will get left out.Too bad, that is the point and this is where we are. It is an effective solution 

Or some invite system maybe. Some people could have a low level moderator status, and that group could get access to your hidden area where you would post your youtube links. You could link it in with your downloads area.

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, how the fuck did this happen? There are countless fora throughout the internet where this stuff gets shared without issue - why should ours be any different?

22 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Wow, how the fuck did this happen? There are countless fora throughout the internet where this stuff gets shared without issue - why should ours be any different?

None of it makes any sense, and I think it would be a good idea to try something out, just to experiment if nothing else. Set up a secret section, upload a few things to YouTube, post some links, then see what happens. In the beginning, just have the staff here in the section, then see what happens. Make sure the uploads and links are unique to this forum, and make them unfindable on youtube, if that is possible.

39 minutes ago, Graeme said:

We're the only site being attacked by a person who claims they're working on behalf of the bands management. 

52 minutes ago, action said:

Russ, this way you're getting yourselves into a lot of hassle, because now you're going to have to investigate wether something is licensed or not....

we're talking about complex juridical problems here, that have to be profoundly investigated on a case to case base, link per link...

I can't see this being a satisfying, even safe, scenario for the future.

I don't think this will end up well....

it is indeed, insane and sad

This isn't our choice. It's being forced on us. 

8 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

+1

(I am now one step closer to 3k, yes!)

I think whatever the plan is, there are always snakes. It has to be trusted people initially. People who have been around for years will always have established alts. It has to be forum staff only initialy. Then add people slowly. 

16 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

My solution is not going to Guns N' Roses concerts, buying Guns N' Roses merchandise, following Guns N' Roses on social media, etc.

Until management is changed and fans are shown respect, that's my permanent solution. 

Get on board, TB/GNR or uh... 

This is what I'm doing. I think we should follow this basic principle.

I have completely shut off Gn'R from my life for over a month, completely fed up by what they've been doing. That doesn't prevent me from listening to some of their tracks now & then, but I absolutely don't support the current band & anything related to their business/communication. They have completely lost me & my interest.

I only visit this forum now & then to see if there's any evolution and fully support Russ.

Very sad that things have come to this.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Serious question:

Are you high? 

Not sure how much clearer I can make this; it has been tried, many, many times.

Why do you not get that I understand it has been tried, but occasionally another effort is needed? This is not a difficult concept to grasp. It is like that with many things in life. Sometimes it is the cumulative effort that brings result. And my point is also that not every previous attempt has been suitable for the purpose, your letter as an example. 

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely this. 

I know what these people have done, and will do. I can handle my own affairs and laugh these morons off, but them having knowledge of my personal life; friends, family, relationships etc, no way. 

You can put your fb to private so only friends see your profile

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh they would. They'd report any anonymous facebook profiles that were set up just for accessing that page as 'fake' and get them banned. Or they'd stalk the hell out of people if they were genuine. There's also no way of policing 'anonymous profiles- they could easily set one up themselves to get into the group. And once they're in, same old shit- copyright claims for anything and everything and abuse and stalking. 

My feeling is it would open up a whole massive can of worms. 

How would they get into a private group when it takes admins to allow access? Just state who you are in a pm to a admin heRe and if they judge your ok they can allow you access on the group page. 

Also again fb profiles can be set to private. They will only see your Facebook name and profile photo.

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why do you not get that I understand it has been tried, but occasionally another effort is needed? This is not a difficult concept to grasp. It is like that with many things in life. Sometimes it is the cumulative effort that brings result. And my point is also that not every previous attempt has been suitable for the purpose, your letter as an example. 

If you get it, then why keep saying the same shit over and over and over? It's not a matter of it having tried. It's a matter of having tried many, many times. You continually posting that we should try again as if we've never thought of that is getting to be borderline trolling at this point. 

My letter was specific to one aspect of this whole mess. TB, along with other GNR associates, were well aware of the letter yet chose to not care. We still continued communication with them at every development, trying to ensure that they fully understood the scope of the matter. 

This whole situation, including how GNR could easily make a profit off of fan videos, was covered with TB again as recently as a few weeks ago. We've made everything to do with this mess abundantly clear to TB. They do not care and have continued to express that with every attempt we've made to convince them otherwise. 

So, as I said, you posting over and over again that we should just try again shows that you must not fully understand the situation or are just plain trolling. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

If you get it, then why keep saying the same shit over and over and over? It's not a matter of it having tried. It's a matter of having tried many, many times. You continually posting that we should try again as if we've never thought of that is getting to be borderline trolling at this point. 

My letter was specific to one aspect of this whole mess. TB, along with other GNR associates, were well aware of the letter yet chose to not care. We still continued communication with them at every development, trying to ensure that they fully understood the scope of the matter. 

This whole situation, including how GNR could easily make a profit off of fan videos, was covered with TB again as recently as a few weeks ago. We've made everything to do with this mess abundantly clear to TB. They do not care and have continued to express that with every attempt we've made to convince them otherwise. 

So, as I said, you posting over and over again that we should just try again shows that you must not fully understand the situation or are just plain trolling. 

Why do you think my message goes out to the admins of this forum only? I have previously pointed out that you risk entering dialogue with TB with a handicap due to historic reasons. Unfair, true. What I have been saying is that everyone ("here, there and everywhere" as I have phrased it before) with channels to TB or the band, should use them. I have no problems accepting that you might have spent your role. But as you know, there are many people who communicate with them, and my suggestion is that these are used in a more concerted, prolonged effort to convince TB of the business sense of stopping the takedowns. Because in contrast to you, I believe it is possible to reach a shared understanding with them if many enough try, ideally people they already listen to, and one avoids accusatory and "woe be us" arguments and instead focus on what the removal of live videos do to the band long-term. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why do you think my message goes out to the admins of this forum only? I have previously pointed out that you risk entering dialogue with TB with a handicap due to historic reasons. Unfair, true. What I have been saying is that everyone ("here, there and everywhere" as I have phrased it before) with channels to TB or the band, should use them. I have no problems accepting that you might have spent your role. But as you know, there are many people who communicate with them, and my suggestion is that these are used in a more concerted, prolonged effort to convince TB of the business sense of stopping the takedowns. Because in contrast to you, I believe it is possible to reach a shared understanding with them if many enough try, ideally people they already listen to, and one avoids accusatory and "woe be us" arguments and instead focus on what the removal of live videos do to the band long-term. 

Where did I say anyone was talking about just the admins of this forum communicating with TB? What you're missing (or rather choosing not to acknowledge by continuing to troll) is that MANY people inside and outside of this forum have tried with TB. They just do not care. Period. It's not a matter of who it is and it's not a matter of how the argument is made, though you've attempted some pretty sly insults by suggesting otherwise. 

I've said this you many times and I'll say it one final time: I'm not going to continue to go in circles with you about this. This thread in particular is meant for people to suggest and discuss solutions to the latest problem this site has to deal with due to the people who claim they're working on behalf of Team Brazil. It's not the place for you to go on (again) about how more and different people just need to talk to TB about it. If you'd like to talk to them more about it, great, you and many other people are welcome to do so. That has nothing to do with this thread though and increasingly less to do with the site as a whole. Your continually posting this one notion as if it's something no one else has thought of is openly trolling on your part as far as I'm concerned. Not only is it trolling, it's beyond insulting. 

• Like 4

I sympathise with the managers of the site if there are legal issues due to people sharing links etc but seems like a sure fire way to kill off the forum if you decide to block half of it off to more casual users. It seems like a few just want a private discussion board for themselves, to that I’d say just make a private group on Facebook or WhatsApp and just invite the people you want.

• Like 1

I know that through this whole Village Sessions saga, Discord was used as a central hub for sharing the links and making sure everyone was able to enjoy the music that was being shared, maybe we can have one made specifically for having a safe haven to share these things?  

Just an idea, I was thinking that way we can have the mods and admins having a process where they can know exactly who has access to it and a way to vet, and this forum would be free of "danger via douchebags" and still an open and welcoming forum for everyone of any post count or join date

Just spitballing ideas here of course!  

Edited by WhazUp

52 minutes ago, downzy said:

As much as you would think GNR fans are conditioned to deal with disappointment and frustration, this latest development is a gut punch that there's no preparation for.  

Cheers!

Thanks for all you and the team does to allow this forum to function. I am sure I don’t have an appreciation for the time commitment! 🙏👍

What is the “latest development”?  I’ve been trying to follow this thread and others but must have missed something. Did something happen beyond YouTube takedowns?

It is a sad day, week, month, year for all of us trying to find a way to be a GnR fan these days due to all these restraints and bad individuals who try to shut all down concerning GnR :(

I read all ,,solutions", locked areas, membership, trustworthy fans, douchebags etc... It is hard... and it is sad... as I feel these mofos are winning... why?

becuase this is forum for ALL, including even bad motherfuckers and with this ,,solutions" they are dividing us into small respectful clubs of special members who can have access or be denied... 

I dont have lots of posts, I am here from 2009 officially but I am sure I was here from cca 2005/2006... 

and I still visit this forum EVERY DAY to see what is happening, any new news etc...

so do not let them to conquer us and separate ...

like a wise man once said 

"all we need is just a little patience"

it will be alright....

cheers

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just clarifying. So other sections on this forum non gnr related like the "My world, what are you listening to" thread we can no longer post youtube videos of other artists as well?

Thats a killer.

Might be better finding a new server provider. On that note another gnr forum using invision as a provider still has no restrictions on links.....gunsnfnroses

Seems like we getting the rough end of the stick now from invision

Edited by vloors

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I know that through this whole Village Sessions saga, Discord was used as a central hub for sharing the links and making sure everyone was able to enjoy the music that was being shared, maybe we can have one made specifically for having a safe haven to share these things?  

Just spitballing ideas here of course!  

Discord is not immune to takedowns either. These 'fans' of TB get everywhere

• Like 1
  • Sad 3