Solutions

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

Might be better finding a new server provider. On that note another gnr forum using invision as a provider still has no restrictions on links.....gunsnfnroses

Seems like we getting the rough end of the stick now from invision

That's because the 2 TB stooges doing the reporting have a massive vendetta against THIS site, not the other sites.

• Sad 3

How did those individuals became so powerful in terms of pulling down material from EVERYWHERE? Youtube, Discord, even your hosting provider... They must have some kind of access that proves that they're the 'legitimate owners' of the material

Edited by Manfisman

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Discord is not immune to takedowns either. These 'fans' of TB get everywhere

They are like the bed bugs of the GNR fandom, just when you think you are finally rid of them they keep returning to annoy the shit out of everyone lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Haha 2

Maybe just start off by requiring all new accounts to reach a certain number of posts to access some areas of the forum. Existing long term members would be grandfathered in. Would at very least stop banned members from immediately creating account after account to get back on the forum. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 4

I see many posters suggesting that Downzy and Russ should make the forum private altogether or make discussion forum for only verified posters. In all honesty, I think that making hidden discussion sections will affect greatly most posters that want to discuss the band's current happenings as they won't be able due to hidden sections and MyGNR too...... 

It is unfair in my opinion to close the discussion threads to only the big posters... some of us don't post much because of many reasons (sometimes life gets in!) yet we aren't rats! A lot of people specially casuals like to lurk more than post. Forum views would go down a lot if it went private or if main discussion threads weren't available for most posters. People would start migrating to other forums, which sometimes aren't very nice places as this. It would suck for MyGNR to die... There are GNR forums for everybody, and MyGNR is the biggest forum around and that's one of the biggest plus of you guys. 

I find it 100% reasonable to make hidden download sections with a big post number requirement, considering the awful situation. 

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Maybe just start off by requiring all new accounts to reach a certain number of posts to access some areas of the forum. Existing long term members would be grandfathered in. Would at very least stop banned members from immediately creating account after account to get back on the forum. 

Already have my packet of Werther's in my pocket as I speak. 

• Haha 2

Not sure I agree with the 3000 post requirements.  I've been around since the days when this was a message board, but don't post as much as some.  Been here through the highs and frequent lows with this damn band. Their venom towards the hardcore fan base is worse than it has ever been.   But hey, Faith No More will be touring again...

1 hour ago, fantomas said:

Not sure I agree with the 3000 post requirements.  I've been around since the days when this was a message board, but don't post as much as some.  Been here through the highs and frequent lows with this damn band. Their venom towards the hardcore fan base is worse than it has ever been.   But hey, Faith No More will be touring again...

yeah whats their fuckign problem really? 

im trying to imagine axl and fernando's mind this is exactly how they think: 

the classic era didn't really happen at least not how people think or how history portrays it, axl was popular by himself starting in the late 90s when he went in recluse and was brainwashed into thinking i was his new baby brother or son, the casual fans that heard GNR songs from before were all produced by axl therefore he is gnr, the CD era although a stressful occasion for axl is the greatest piece of music ever written and some people just don't understand it, the NITL happened because everyone wanted to see axl again come out of his cave because the NU era didn't really happen as planned b/c axl's old employees found some loophole to keep them in as partners and due to this fact axl was sort of forced to reunite - the success of NITL was mostly to their benefit b/c we only scratched the surface and I'm really the reason why GNR is popular again due to the new shiny cool designs that I"m in charge of, die hard fans that exist mostly only originate from mygnrforum and these parasites are trying to rewrite history to position the band not as some solo genius work by axl, by posting classic era videos that prove it to be a solid band effort and or NITL videos that have been somehow altered to portray axl's voice in a dubious manner that is aimed at reducing potential future ticket sales.... i therefore employed my crew of trolls promising them some VIP bull shit to implore upon these problematic posters that they are shit, in the shit and to delete everything to hit him where it hurts cause fuck them - they are not fans - fuck em forever, i want fans that can't name a song other than sweet child and november rain thats fine for me, no criticism cause this is my little 1984 --------- i dont want casuals i want $ and fame but mostly fame! please!!! im in charge!! fuck slash in the ear too...i know he wanna say something about this shit but if he does i'll hire a lookalike 

BTW i had lunch with a couple casual fans today and gnr came up as we saw some chick wearing a gnr shirt, we wanted to ask her if she knew one song off use your illusion 2 which she did not - then the topic quickly changed to axl and the ridiculous overweight unflattering photo of his and his perv stache (the one he tried to get google to delete) and the side by side photo of him in appetite days - i was quiet most of the time and let them talk, so this is what casuals think of him FYI 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

People are focusing way too much on the 3000 posts thing. If your account is over a decade old it seems obvious to include you. Maybe not at first but honestly there's nothing happening with the band, so now seems like a good time to start with the hidden sections... it's not like there will be too much variety in the topics :lol:

As long as I can watch the occasional live-stream in March, it's all good. I don't care if they start the hidden sections with a 10,000 post minimum as long as they can sift out the 'bad apples' over time. It will be tedious and aggravating for the mods, but it will be appreciated.

And, a "fuck you" to Joel and Walker. :hahafyou:

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

People are focusing way too much on the 3000 posts thing. If your account is over a decade old it seems obvious to include you. Maybe not at first but honestly there's nothing happening with the band, so now seems like a good time to start with the hidden sections... it's not like there will be too much variety in the topics :lol:

As long as I can watch the occasional live-stream in March, it's all good. I don't care if they start the hidden sections with a 10,000 post minimum as long as they can sift out the 'bad apples' over time. It will be tedious and aggravating for the mods, but it will be appreciated.

And, a "fuck you" to Joel and Walker. :hahafyou:

Maybe have that hidden section a club members only area too which will encourage people to pay the club members fee and help pay for the upkeep for this board? Just a idea.

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

Maybe have that hidden section a club members only area too which will encourage people to pay the club members fee and help pay for the upkeep for this board? Just a idea.

I don't think that should have anything to do with it, the people taking videos down would definitely pay $10 or whatever to gain access if it were just a 'club member' thing. The fact that we've been around for years is more important than us being club members.

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah whats their fuckign problem really? 

im trying to imagine axl and fernando's mind this is exactly how they think: 

the classic era didn't really happen at least not how people think or how history portrays it, axl was popular by himself starting in the late 90s when he went in recluse and was brainwashed into thinking i was his new baby brother or son, the casual fans that heard GNR songs from before were all produced by axl therefore he is gnr, the CD era although a stressful occasion for axl is the greatest piece of music ever written and some people just don't understand it, the NITL happened because everyone wanted to see axl again come out of his cave because the NU era didn't really happen as planned b/c axl's old employees found some loophole to keep them in as partners and due to this fact axl was sort of forced to reunite - the success of NITL was mostly to their benefit b/c we only scratched the surface and I'm really the reason why GNR is popular again due to the new shiny cool designs that I"m in charge of, die hard fans that exist mostly only originate from mygnrforum and these parasites are trying to rewrite history to position the band not as some solo genius work by axl, by posting classic era videos that prove it to be a solid band effort and or NITL videos that have been somehow altered to portray axl's voice in a dubious manner that is aimed at reducing potential future ticket sales.... i therefore employed my crew of trolls promising them some VIP bull shit to implore upon these problematic posters that they are shit, in the shit and to delete everything to hit him where it hurts cause fuck them - they are not fans - fuck em forever, i want fans that can't name a song other than sweet child and november rain thats fine for me, no criticism cause this is my little 1984 --------- i dont want casuals i want $ and fame but mostly fame! please!!! im in charge!! fuck slash in the ear too...i know he wanna say something about this shit but if he does i'll hire a lookalike 

BTW i had lunch with a couple casual fans today and gnr came up as we saw some chick wearing a gnr shirt, we wanted to ask her if she knew one song off use your illusion 2 which she did not - then the topic quickly changed to axl and the ridiculous overweight unflattering photo of his and his perv stache (the one he tried to get google to delete) and the side by side photo of him in appetite days - i was quiet most of the time and let them talk, so this is what casuals think of him FYI 

Are you Fernando ?? 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think that should have anything to do with it, the people taking videos down would definitely pay $10 or whatever to gain access if it were just a 'club member' thing. The fact that we've been around for years is more important than us being club members.

No i am saying in addition to the post count limit for that hidden area.

• Like 1

I have thought for a good while that it might be an idea to have an annual membership fee rather than a lifetime one. The lifetime membership is a sweet idea, and cool, but an annual membership fee would help keep the forum going, and if those You Know Whos manage to damage the relationship between MYGNR and the host even further, it could help us migrate to another host.

Leave it optional, and leave it at not too high an amount as not everyone's got a lot of money, but I think most of us could afford a tenner a year, say? I'd definitely pay that to support the forum, considering everything it's given me over the years. I may not be the most prolific poster, but I read, and I join in when I feel that I have something to say. :)

As for the issue with the links... it's seriously petty that they're targeting us. I don't know the solution, but I do remember that when I joined the site it took a few days for my membership to be approved. I don't know what was going on at that time to have a vetting system, but if that is no longer in place, it might be an idea to return to it? I realise that it's a hassle for the Mods, but at least when troublemakers are spotted, they won't be able to create new accounts with the same ease as without a vetting system.

Of course, I don't know how the vetting was done back then. What with VPNs, it's probably difficult to identify who's who...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Apologies if I'm missing something but why can't you use a secure service provider to ratify memberships with some form of ID? I know it's seems simple but if you had to link a PayPal or credit card you could quite easily stop the dickheads from joining, unless they went to a lot more trouble. If you use a third party details would be kept secure and not in the hands of the mods. Alternatively move your service provider to Russia or China, I doubt they care about takedown requests (this is just an assumption). 

Or go the other way.... Lift their bans and allow them to post, it might dissipate their vendetta. 

Edited by aliexpress
had another brainwave

38 minutes ago, aliexpress said:

Apologies if I'm missing something but why can't you use a secure service provider to ratify memberships with some form of ID? I know it's seems simple but if you had to link a PayPal or credit card you could quite easily stop the dickheads from joining, unless they went to a lot more trouble. If you use a third party details would be kept secure and not in the hands of the mods. Alternatively move your service provider to Russia or China, I doubt they care about takedown requests (this is just an assumption). 

Or go the other way.... Lift their bans and allow them to post, it might dissipate their vendetta. 

I would seriously object to linking your paypal adress or credit card to any site, less a site being hosted in russia or china lol. It's hugely risky, unsafe and irresponsible. 

These people know their way around the internet and god knows what tricks they have up their sleeves. Don't come complaining if your paypal acount should become hacked by these scumbags.

If that should ever become a requirement, I'm out.

Edited by action