1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

My bad.... I didn't mean monitary help. I was referring to all the complaining from the people saying they can't be bothered to post regularly. I was referring to the fact that they could just post more and actually be part of the community instead of whining about the possibility of a private section. 

Got you. My point stands though - if you need help, I have time, so feel free to give me a shout. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What other gnr board has private sections and invite only spots? Some people will complain about gnr truth, and then ask for the same crap to be on this board....just saying

50 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

this.

we're giving too much attention to those miserables

So if we stop talking about them, we will be able to upload videos to YouTube again?

We made it guys! Lock this thread!

• Haha 2

no, but if we keep talking about them in any thread, they'll feel more and more pompous and smug

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

I've used some services that require a vouch from a friend. The friend who already has access can get an invitation code on the platform to give to the new person. I think all the involved programs are available in open source. Just thought Id raise this incase that type of system might be useful in the advent of a private area.

It seems convenient for mods, since once a member is given the ability to give invites, all these invites can be done without any human work by a mod - the software creates a unique code. This allows for there to be receipts of both parties incase someone repeatedly invites undesirables. Mods - who are always able to monitor and block, etc - can tell its no mistake. 

Edited by soon

35 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

no, but if we keep talking about them in any thread, they'll feel more and more pompous and smug

I totally get where you're coming from. We had a long standing policy for years about not mentioning these assholes.

It worked out great. Pretty much any time they pulled some attention seeking stunt, we were able to just ignore them and move on. It was downzys idea and actually a bit of a culture shock for me if I'm being honest. The sites previous owner not only encouraged us to engage them, but actually instigated a lot of what went on. 

So when downzy put the new policy of ignoring them in place, it was hard for me to get used to but ultimately it was absolutely the right thing to do. We went through years of peace and quiet due to that policy. 

Unfortunately, they've finally found a way to cause enough trouble for this site to where we just can't ignore them anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On the front page it says:

Total Topics
Total Posts

That's 2 million times fans have come together to share their interests and opinions. 2 million times the love of the band has brought the fanbase together.  2 million times a fan has wanted their voice heard.  2 million times the fans have tried to keep the community alive.  2 million times fans have tried to keep the legacy of the "most dangerous band in the world" going.  

The band and TB really have no idea, do they?  Axl sounds like shit at most shows these days, there's still no new music, and they are beating down the diehards on an almost daily basis on an unprecedented front. Once the casuals have bored of seeing the same tour go round and around again, what do you have left once you remove the core fans?  Nothing. 
  • Like 2

Here’s my overall thoughts. I don’t think having a post threshold is the best idea, as other have stated it’ll lead to spam to reach it, certain accounts will share with each other, and it’ll lead to a decrease in quality on the forum.

I really like the idea of someone hosting a server somewhere else for uploads. Dailymotion is a good one. Hell, something even like pr0nhub (don’t know if it’s censored) would be smart as well. There’s plenty of us who would volunteer.

Ultimately this band is creatively dead. 2020 is most likely going to be more of the same, no new album in site. Either way this is a huge detriment to the fanbase, as decades of videos that should be public will cease to be shared and therefore discussed. At least it happened when the band has nothing going on and not around the reunion. I wouldn’t even mind if we moved My World and Anything Goes to the front. Like others have stated the community is ultimately why many of us are here.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if I missed a few live vids. My numbers are piss poor so I wouldn't make the exclusive club. 

But what you really need to do is starve the prick of attention. He'll be reading this thread whilest masturbating and high fiving his dogs. He might even have his wig on or that ridiculous cowboy hat (I see you Sebastian 😉) 

Everyone on Nightrain ignores his threads and most regulars have blocked him. All he has is Emu to gush over his 'art' 

@RussTCB @downzy you could take threads like this to PM with some regulars and get some sort of private section for video content only. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Team Brazil always wanted to get rid of the hardcore fanbase. The reunion was the perfect excuse because they don't really need us anymore.

5 years ago it was us vs them, we were the only ones supporting Axl's vision of nuGNR and filling the semi-empty arenas.

This is how they thank us. Treating us as the enemy and hiring psycopaths for preventing us from sharing videos of our favourite band. The way Beta answered to Margott was the icing on the cake.

But guess what, @Fernando, once the reunion gets old (and it will, unless you start taking your job seriously) it will be just you and us again.

No other band on Earth treats their most hardcore fans they way you treat us.

spot on...except the reunion hasn't gotten old??  they started in first division there in 3rd now heading to 4th 2014 zone sooner than later...the only thing would be the original 5 and i don't see how izzy or steven would want to deal with @fernando ever again so as it says in it ain't the first...'well we fucked'

and as for new music - what a pipe dream - the reddit account was something to try and hold us over but it was very bich move 

As much as it sucks that videos are taken offline, in the end, it is copyrighted material and i wanna respect that. What bothers me so much is the way this whole thing is being executed with several innocent people posting a clip from a gig they've been to which leads them to lose their channels.  If TB, UMG or GNR would have just made a statement that they don't want their videos online it would all be much more acceptable. But instead of that they just keep denying being behind it all, saying they don't know who's doing it, but it's not a fan and it will continue and even worse admitting it's good free promotion but yet still keep blocking the vids. It's a big failure to wipe out anything gnr related from the webs as it will stop generating new fans of this band. 
In about 1.5 years from now, Europeans are fucked anyways because Europe has approved new copyright laws that will change the internet forever.
As for a solution, it's actually pretty simple just change the host as there are many DMCA ignoring hosts available that will ignore any incoming takedown requests.

Flaunt7, for instance, "Flaunt7 will keep your servers online no matter what. In addition Flaunt7 protects your servers from DMCA, your competitors, authorities, burglars and governments.

We cherish free speech and will stand behind your site."

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

As much as it sucks that videos are taken offline, in the end, it is copyrighted material and i wanna respect that. 

But it isn't copyrighted material at all. There's absolutely nothing illegal about posting fan shot videos of live shows. 

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

But it isn't copyrighted material at all. There's absolutely nothing illegal about posting fan shot videos of live shows. 

Any live performance, when caught on a tangible medium, is the intellectual property of the performer NOT the person doing the recording.

Don't get me wrong i'm not defending copyright laws or whatever and i love live footage as i shot a few complete gnr gigs myself but as long as the songs are somehow copyrighted your recording is, at best, a derivative work.

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Like 1

This is a crackdown because Axl's live performances are a shell of what they once were.

Edited by fantomas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Any live performance, when caught on a tangible medium, is the intellectual property of the performer NOT the person doing the recording.

Here's an interesting article on bootlegging.   Gotta admit, there's some stuff I didn't know in there.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7724330/phone-recordings-concerts-illegal-federal-bootlegging-laws

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Here's an interesting article on bootlegging.   Gotta admit, there's some stuff I didn't know in there.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7724330/phone-recordings-concerts-illegal-federal-bootlegging-laws

Me either. I’m actually really surprised with that. I stand corrected. :o 

9 hours ago, fantomas said:

This is a crackdown because Axl's live performances are a shell of what they once were.

This x100

9 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Don't get me wrong i'm not defending copyright laws or whatever and i love live footage as i shot a few complete gnr gigs myself but as long as the songs are somehow copyrighted your recording is, at best, a derivative work.

i've enjoyed many of your videos prior to the take downs excellent work regardless of legal red tape

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fantomas said:

Thanks for the link, good read :) I read a book recently called "Bootleg: The Secret History of the Other Recording Industry" all about how the bootleg music industry got started. How they got the records, who made the artworks, who was pressing the discs, who was buying etc. Really interesting, you might like it :thumbsup: Theres a PDF on Google but not sure I can link to it here due to the new policy re: copyright.

I’d put up a warning banner saying 
"This forum contains material which some so-called fans may find objectionable. They can F?!* OFF and go pester some forum from the New Age section." :mellow:

Edited by jamillos
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Prune accounts that haven't posted in over a year

That includes Axl - I'm glad he came here to cry about the fans and Slash after defending his idiot son from HATEFUL WORDS in 2008, but overall he shouldn't have any kind of special privileges if he's not going to contribute to the community

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think sequestering the forum into "secret sections" is the way to go. Regardless of whether this is done by granting members access by post count, tenure, standing, etc. The result will result in much less activity and interest for the public/open areas, and slowly kill off the forum.

There are no simple solutions to this problem, nor ideal solutions. What we suffer from continuing without live videos on the forum is simply that we have to find these videos directly on youtube, or other places, rather than on the forum. This is of course fucking annoying in concert threads and elsewhere, but not as bad as the what I think will be the eventual fallout from starting to divvy up the forum into sections for the have and the have-nots. 

• Like 4