Solutions

31 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Team Brazil always wanted to get rid of the hardcore fanbase. The reunion was the perfect excuse because they don't really need us anymore.

5 years ago it was us vs them, we were the only ones supporting Axl's vision of nuGNR and filling the semi-empty arenas.

This is how they thank us. Treating us as the enemy and hiring psycopaths for preventing us from sharing videos of our favourite band. The way Beta answered to Margott was the icing on the cake.

But guess what, @Fernando, once the reunion gets old (and it will, unless you start taking your job seriously) it will be just you and us again.

No other band on Earth treats their most hardcore fans they way you treat us.

spot on...except the reunion hasn't gotten old??  they started in first division there in 3rd now heading to 4th 2014 zone sooner than later...the only thing would be the original 5 and i don't see how izzy or steven would want to deal with @fernando ever again so as it says in it ain't the first...'well we fucked'

and as for new music - what a pipe dream - the reddit account was something to try and hold us over but it was very bich move 

As much as it sucks that videos are taken offline, in the end, it is copyrighted material and i wanna respect that. What bothers me so much is the way this whole thing is being executed with several innocent people posting a clip from a gig they've been to which leads them to lose their channels.  If TB, UMG or GNR would have just made a statement that they don't want their videos online it would all be much more acceptable. But instead of that they just keep denying being behind it all, saying they don't know who's doing it, but it's not a fan and it will continue and even worse admitting it's good free promotion but yet still keep blocking the vids. It's a big failure to wipe out anything gnr related from the webs as it will stop generating new fans of this band. 
In about 1.5 years from now, Europeans are fucked anyways because Europe has approved new copyright laws that will change the internet forever.
As for a solution, it's actually pretty simple just change the host as there are many DMCA ignoring hosts available that will ignore any incoming takedown requests.

Flaunt7, for instance, "Flaunt7 will keep your servers online no matter what. In addition Flaunt7 protects your servers from DMCA, your competitors, authorities, burglars and governments.

We cherish free speech and will stand behind your site."

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

As much as it sucks that videos are taken offline, in the end, it is copyrighted material and i wanna respect that. 

But it isn't copyrighted material at all. There's absolutely nothing illegal about posting fan shot videos of live shows. 

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

But it isn't copyrighted material at all. There's absolutely nothing illegal about posting fan shot videos of live shows. 

Any live performance, when caught on a tangible medium, is the intellectual property of the performer NOT the person doing the recording.

Don't get me wrong i'm not defending copyright laws or whatever and i love live footage as i shot a few complete gnr gigs myself but as long as the songs are somehow copyrighted your recording is, at best, a derivative work.

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Any live performance, when caught on a tangible medium, is the intellectual property of the performer NOT the person doing the recording.

Here's an interesting article on bootlegging.   Gotta admit, there's some stuff I didn't know in there.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7724330/phone-recordings-concerts-illegal-federal-bootlegging-laws

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Here's an interesting article on bootlegging.   Gotta admit, there's some stuff I didn't know in there.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7724330/phone-recordings-concerts-illegal-federal-bootlegging-laws

Me either. I’m actually really surprised with that. I stand corrected. :o 

9 hours ago, fantomas said:

This is a crackdown because Axl's live performances are a shell of what they once were.

This x100

9 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Don't get me wrong i'm not defending copyright laws or whatever and i love live footage as i shot a few complete gnr gigs myself but as long as the songs are somehow copyrighted your recording is, at best, a derivative work.

i've enjoyed many of your videos prior to the take downs excellent work regardless of legal red tape

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fantomas said:

Thanks for the link, good read :) I read a book recently called "Bootleg: The Secret History of the Other Recording Industry" all about how the bootleg music industry got started. How they got the records, who made the artworks, who was pressing the discs, who was buying etc. Really interesting, you might like it :thumbsup: Theres a PDF on Google but not sure I can link to it here due to the new policy re: copyright.

Prune accounts that haven't posted in over a year

That includes Axl - I'm glad he came here to cry about the fans and Slash after defending his idiot son from HATEFUL WORDS in 2008, but overall he shouldn't have any kind of special privileges if he's not going to contribute to the community

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think sequestering the forum into "secret sections" is the way to go. Regardless of whether this is done by granting members access by post count, tenure, standing, etc. The result will result in much less activity and interest for the public/open areas, and slowly kill off the forum.

There are no simple solutions to this problem, nor ideal solutions. What we suffer from continuing without live videos on the forum is simply that we have to find these videos directly on youtube, or other places, rather than on the forum. This is of course fucking annoying in concert threads and elsewhere, but not as bad as the what I think will be the eventual fallout from starting to divvy up the forum into sections for the have and the have-nots. 

• Like 4

Tryin to pump up my numbers. Apparently I’d need a good 2900 more posts to be a part of the club despite the fact I’ve been to dozens of shows and check this site multiple times a day for maybe the last 13 years. Talk about limiting or alienating the fan base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1