Sign in to follow this  
AtariLegend

Video Games You Never Finished

I'm a little ocd on finishing games once I get into them, but Temple of Elemental Evil for example was one I never finished as a kid.

It's completely unplayable even with all the patches. There's a silly amount of unforgiveable bugs and crashes with no fixes. 

• Like 1

good topic! too many to name, but I'd like to finish the following games one day:

RDR2

halo MCC

RE2 remake

RE7

perfect dark zero

yoshi's crafted world

splinter cell pandora tomorrow

splinter cell chaos theory

metal gear solid V

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I'm a little ocd on finishing games once I get into them, but Temple of Elemental Evil for example was one I never finished as a kid.

It's completely unplayable even with all the patches. There's a silly amount of unforgiveable bugs and crashes with no fixes. 

I used to be a completionist, growing up with Atari then Nintendo, games were not as easy to get, so when I did, I played the fuck out of them, even when I didn't like them that much.  These days, there are so many games, I have almost 400 on Steam alone and I have like a 30% completion average.

I still pass any game with a run through of 20 hours or so (unless I hate it) but all of the mega games, like GTA, Morrowind, etc, I almost never complete them.  My list would take multiple posts!

Last of Us - Tried three times to finish it and finally gave up.  Found it got repetitive and honestly couldn't care less about the story.  

• Like 1

Resident Evil 4. Finished the first disc. Then the 2nd disc kept just being more of the same so I lost interest

Arkham City and Dragon Age Inquisition are two games I started a few times

And all the GTA games

Tons, but one that comes to my mind this moment is Shenmue. Got the compilation disc for a good price on Xbox One, spent like 8 hours total trying to get through the first game and found it to be one of the most miserable, boring and unrewarding gaming experiences I’ve ever played. I tried to force myself to beat it but it was almost mentally painful to do so, so I had no problem giving up on it.

I finish most games I start, unless I dont like it (looking at you Enter the Gungeon). Honestly, games these days basically give you endless lives, and so much help online, that it's hard to really get stuck.

Ahh, good subject.

This is going to be old school, but one of the Jet Set Willys, and one of the School Daze on the Spectrum I got near the end but never finished. I finished Manic Miner, but JSW was odd, couldn't figure it out.

I could clock Asteroids, then Gorf, Hypersports and Tron (hard game), then Pacman once someone told me the formula. I completed Space Ace and Dragons Lair back in the day at the arcade. 

I never complete Final Fantasy 7 or Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Just because that is when I was in London and worked more, and moved onto other games.

More often than not it's FPS games I start but don't finish.  Other than the first Gears of War, I'm pretty sure I started playing every sequel only to get bored soon after.  

They're essentially the same game with just different packaging.  It's why I love games like GTA and RDR2.  Much more variety in gameplay.  

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

YOU HEATHEN!

I think it is when another game comes out, your attention gets taken away, I was close to finishing them both. I finished the recent Zelda, I actually accidently went into the fight early on after only beating one of the four big bosses and almost won. I have RDR 2, but I have not got far with it. I need more time in my life for a game that like. The good thing about Switch is you can take it with you.

Kane & Lynch 2. I may be one of the few that liked the first one even though it was a shooter with horrible shooting :lol: However the 2nd one was completely irredeemable.

K&L will always be wasted potential to me. I think the bones of iconic characters and a great game were there.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:06 AM, downzy said:

Last of Us - Tried three times to finish it and finally gave up.  Found it got repetitive and honestly couldn't care less about the story.  

Just finished it last night. Agree with you on it being somewhat repetitive.

I thought the story was great and I haven't been into zombie stuff since the original Night Of The Living Dead.

Edited by Ace Spade

I'll add Super Mario Sunshine to the list.

That was the first Mario game I never finished since the original 8 bit NES.

Then I didn't like Galaxy either! :lol: