Terror attack in London

dontdamnmeuyi2015

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, unspoiled by any sign of civilisation. :lol: 

Really? I cannot speak for the place you come from but Northumberland has some of the most dramatic castles and cathedrals in Europe. 

- or churches should I say.

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 30/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, spunko12345 said:

That's why we shouldn't be allowed to have guns here because I'd do exactly the same thing. There is just no way if I was allowed to have a gun since what? 21 years old. I wouldn't have at least once decided to shoot something in my house. It would probably happen at least once every couple of weeks.. sitting there and, hmm I wonder what would happen if I shot a fucking battery? Honey go fetch the magnum.

THIS is precisely why I want guns, I don't wanna kill no one, I just wanna play with em :lol:

• Haha 1

making guns illegal will make no more difference than making drugs illegal. Guns will still be in circulation, with this difference that now these very same guns are "illegal". But newsflash: illegal guns can kill people just as effective as legal guns.

I've said it before: it's not good enough to one day label something "illegal", then expect the problem to magically go away, like david copperfield doing some kind of disappearing trick.

You need active measures that actively hunt weapons and confiscate them whenever they are found. Forbid the PRODUCTION of weapons. But all of these measures aren't taken, for one lazy argument after another.

Labeling guns as illegal does jack shit, if you allow guns to be produced. If you don't want guns in your society, then forbid production altogether. 

13 minutes ago, action said:

making guns illegal will make no more difference than making drugs illegal. Guns will still be in circulation, with this difference that now these very same guns are "illegal". But newsflash: illegal guns can kill people just as effective as legal guns.

I've said it before: it's not good enough to one day label something "illegal", then expect the problem to magically go away, like david copperfield doing some kind of disappearing trick.

You need active measures that actively hunt weapons and confiscate them whenever they are found. Forbid the PRODUCTION of weapons. But all of these measures aren't taken, for one lazy argument after another.

Labeling guns as illegal does jack shit, if you allow guns to be produced. If you don't want guns in your society, then forbid production altogether. 

with respect, this is simply not true. Making guns illegal will absolutely reduce the number of people killed. It is the most effective way to tackle this problem. When you make it more difficult for people to obtain guns, most will not own them. Why do you think in countries where it is illegal to own them it's not even close when you compare the amount of murders/killing sprees? you don't need to "forbid production", you just need to make it illegal for people to own them. At least that would be a great start.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/12/2019 at 12:51 PM, Rovim said:

with respect, this is simply not true. Making guns illegal will absolutely reduce the number of people killed. It is the most effective way to tackle this problem. When you make it more difficult for people to obtain guns, most will not own them. Why do you think in countries where it is illegal to own them it's not even close when you compare the amount of murders/killing sprees? you don't need to "forbid production", you just need to make it illegal for people to own them. At least that would be a great start.

This is simply untrue. 

http://metrocosm.com/homicides-brazil-vs-world/

Latin america and Africa representin:

GUNS-IN-OTHER-COUNTRIES-Homicide-Rates-f

Edited by Chewbacca

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Dang, the 2010 data doesn't even list Brazil, but the 2015 data says Brazil had 60 000 gun homicides. Either these numbers are not solid or Brazil had a huge spike in gun violence between 2010 and 2015. 

Nationmaster has some good crime stats. Murders with firearms are dated though and don't include a lot of countries.

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murders-per-million-people

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murders-with-firearms-per-million

6 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

In part, in my post, I was low key mocking how out of date the stats are. These you've shared seem out of date as well. 2002-2011 at first glance.

Worth noting that the debate seems to be lacking an important qualifier. I think the only productive conversation would be "According to current data, no first world/devloped/thriving States who have banned firearms have as much gun homicides as USA, which is also first world state.

9 minutes ago, soon said:

In part, in my post, I was low key mocking how out of date the stats are. These you've shared seem out of date as well. 2002-2011 at first glance.

Worth noting that the debate seems to be lacking an important qualifier. I think the only productive conversation would be "According to current data, no first world/devloped/thriving States who have banned firearms have as much gun homicides as USA, which is also first world state.

It's hard to find up to date stats for every nation on earth in one place!

But yes, with your qualifier you would be correct. But the US is a mixed bag. It has overall wealth beyond imagination, but it has vast income inequality and parts of the US resemble a third world country. It's not a first world country in the same way that a Japan or Norway are.

16 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

It's hard to find up to date stats for every nation on earth in one place!

But yes, with your qualifier you would be correct. But the US is a mixed bag. It has overall wealth beyond imagination, but it has vast income inequality and parts of the US resemble a third world country. It's not a first world country in the same way that a Japan or Norway are.

Norway is where @SoulMonster is and Japan is where he goes to have businessmen feed him fish cum... Ive survived inner city Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland as well as rural Georgia without any viking nonsense or fish jizz being involved...

But I guess I see your point :lol:

3 hours ago, soon said:

Dang, the 2010 data doesn't even list Brazil, but the 2015 data says Brazil had 60 000 gun homicides. Either these numbers are not solid or Brazil had a huge spike in gun violence between 2010 and 2015. 

Nah, not a spike, more like a steady increase. Brazil is usually in 9-13th place. El salvador, Jamaica, US Virgin Islands and Honduras are usually the leaders, with Venezuela closing in recently. Brazil was like 10th or 9th place back in 2015 with that murder record.

Here's a more up to date chart:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Note that these are the numbers for INTENTIONAL gun homicides in 2016 for Brazil. We came pretty close to 2015 there and we were at 10-9th place, while El Salvador is a distant leader.

It's scary. I worked on Cheapside years ago, and used to cross London Bridge daily to get the train home. I was in London when the first attack happened. Back then, it was the back end of the IRA campaign. I'm glad I moved away. I lived in London seven years, I saw multiple crimes, and suffered two, including one assault. it's not a place to live these days

19 hours ago, Mysteron said:

It's scary. I worked on Cheapside years ago, and used to cross London Bridge daily to get the train home. I was in London when the first attack happened. Back then, it was the back end of the IRA campaign. I'm glad I moved away. I lived in London seven years, I saw multiple crimes, and suffered two, including one assault. it's not a place to live these days

Londons always been a bit dodgy.  Depends where you spend your time, if you're in the central area you're safe enough.  The trick is to just be plain, blend in, don't look worth mugging.  I'm in London every week and have been for yonks, its my go to place, and I've not once been mugged or...anything but I'm just jacket and jeans and a pair of manky old Adidas.  If you go round dodgy manors then you are more likely to get done over but why would you want to go to some shithole council estate anyway?  Londons lovely, my favourite place in the world, when I'm away from it for too long I feel like I'm somehow not on planet earth anymore.  There's a lovely annonymous feeling to it.  With any busy metropolis you're gonna have those sorts of concerns, I'm sure there are unsafe aspects to your New Yorks and LA's and Romes, there certainly is to Paris when I went there earlier in the year...if you live your life afraid of bad people like that then you'll never have a laugh.  For the few people that get mugged there's also millions that go in and out of London every day and have an amazing time. 

And as for terror attacks, really and truly speaking how often are they?  It'd've been scarier in the 70s when the IRA were running rampant, now they were organised and ruthless and knew what they were doing, these islamic ones are just isolated prannies they more often than not make a balls up of it.  Thick cunts and thank God they are.  What are the odds of being in the big city and happening upon a terror attack, its got to be in the millions, there's people living in war zones that act less afraid than the way some people talk around here. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • GNFNR 1

Every big city is like that. When I went to NYC I stayed somewhere in Spanish Harlem. I obviously knew nothing about the neighbourhood or that area so I googled it before going and I'm not easily scared, but I started to freak out a bit... nothing but news items about all the shit that happened there. There was a youtube clip from a week before about someone being killed on the streets in the middle of the day and they were interviewing someone who said: ''yeah, this happens here every day'', so I thought to myself, what the fuck have I gotten myself into? But it turned out to be a nice, little neighbourhood, I stayed there for about two weeks and it was great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Londons always been a bit dodgy.  Depends where you spend your time, if you're in the central area you're safe enough.  The trick is to just be plain, blend in, don't look worth mugging.  I'm in London every week and have been for yonks, its my go to place, and I've not once been mugged or...anything but I'm just jacket and jeans and a pair of manky old Adidas.  If you go round dodgy manors then you are more likely to get done over but why would you want to go to some shithole council estate anyway?  Londons lovely, my favourite place in the world, when I'm away from it for too long I feel like I'm somehow not on planet earth anymore.  There's a lovely annonymous feeling to it.  With any busy metropolis you're gonna have those sorts of concerns, I'm sure there are unsafe aspects to your New Yorks and LA's and Romes, there certainly is to Paris when I went there earlier in the year...if you live your life afraid of bad people like that then you'll never have a laugh.  For the few people that get mugged there's also millions that go in and out of London every day and have an amazing time. 

And as for terror attacks, really and truly speaking how often are they?  It'd've been scarier in the 70s when the IRA were running rampant, now they were organised and ruthless and knew what they were doing, these islamic ones are just isolated prannies they more often than not make a balls up of it.  Thick cunts and thank God they are.  What are the odds of being in the big city and happening upon a terror attack, its got to be in the millions, there's people living in war zones that act less afraid than the way some people talk around here. 

What is your opinion on West Hampstead? That is where I stayed (and am probably staying again in September). The old Decca studio is somewhere there apparently where the Stones recorded; it is something else, a ballet school or something or other.