MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The best souvenirs I have ever gotten from a band that I saw live, are two CDs of the Pearl Jam shows I saw, professionally mixed and mastered, and released with a little tour artwork and a back cover track listing on a cardboard CD sleeve

I am surprised more acts don't do it, it would help cut down on the phone recording AND is a really great and easy way to make money

UMG would demand a large piece of that pie. A 20th century record contract probably makes that idea impossible

Of course they could solve that issue by releasing albums to end their contract. 

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Thanks I can work around it.  I generally post how I'm finding those.  I can do that without a link to where it's at.  Public information zone I would think but I can be wrong.

You're exactly right. That'll have to be the way it's done. 

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

UMG would demand a large piece of that pie. A 20th century record contract probably makes that idea impossible

Of course they could solve that issue by releasing albums to end their contract. 

Releasing albums?  Okay, that settles it, they will be stuck in that contract forever in that case :lol:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I guess I don't understand the banner question? 

And they do have their own forum, it's just that no one cares to pay to post there. Many fans tried at first, but with all things GNR, they never provided enough value, so everyone decided to stop letting GNR rip them off. 

Did you obtain the use of likeness?

19 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Did you obtain the use of likeness?

Nope.  And if someone officially from the band requests we remove the images because of their likeness, we'd gladly change the banner. 

Until such time we'll consider the images on the banner as fair use and keep it at that.  This forum doesn't make money, so it would be hard to argue we're using those images for monetary gain.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I'm surprised that some tech whizz hasn't found a way to virus bomb its computer and delete its forum. 

His forum is irrelevant now - it's only him and Cineater on it :lol:

Edited by Pele

4 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

What are Mojo's political beliefs

Since you asked....:lol:

Always relatively right-leaning.  Used a lot of sexist language, made plenty of comments saying he doesn't understand gay guys (basically like the old Axl).  Very anti-Islam and clashed terribly with Iranian Lost Highway on MSL's old forum

Until literally the day Axl said he was democrat.

He made a complete about turn overnight and posts as many anti-Trump memes as Axl photoshops these days.

Yes, that's right.  A fully grown adult changed his whole political beliefs to match that of his favorite singer :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

My YouTube channel had a PUBLIC GnR playlist of live vids still existing until early yesterday. That whole playlist was knocked out. Every video gone at once. I knew this would happen eventually much to my dismay.

This playlist was made up of mostly the best versions remaining on YouTube post Frans knockout. There are still copies of some of the same videos around YouTube (for the most part) with either slightly worse audio or video. 

My playlist was targeted specifically. I know this because I didn't host any of those videos on my own channel. So I go and check the other channels the videos belonged to. ONLY the video that was a part of my playlist was deleted. Why copyright-strike ONE little video, when your channel has dozens of others that could also easily be? Doesn't make sense right? 

Someone manually copyright-"struck" these videos in this case.

Edited by derekness

35 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I really don't see how losing YouTube videos is such a substantial loss. What is the loss? It's just the same songs over and over. Axl killed it, Axl sucks. What is the big deal?

Different shows have different vibes, solos, different musicians depending on the era, approaches, etc.  Plus it is also meaningful for a lot of us to see the actual shows that we were at, or great shows of old that either capture the band at its height, or interesting/unique moments

Same with listening to the albums.  Why listen to literally the same recording over and over again?  Cause it makes us feel good

• Like 4

Anyway... while I understand that sorting this crap when it concerns such giants as Google and copyright companies etc. must be hard, we’re still talking about companies nonetheless. Companies that have structures. Organizational charts. CEOs. Contact persons, e-mail systems, telephones.

What I’m saying is that once TB realizes / kindly admits that this situation may be harmful even to them, I believe ways will be found and methods will be implemented to initiate some sort of settling process. It may take time, it may be just partial, but things will start changing all of a sudden...

11 hours ago, username said:

Metallica (and also the Black Crowes and Springsteen) are great with posting full soundsboards of their concerts online that fans can purchase after the show. It's absolutely brilliant. I've bought every show I could from those 3 bands and loved all the recordings to bits. THAT's how you do it. It's easy, it's simple, it's great for the fans and I assume profitable for the band. 

Yeah, the thing is... a band like The Black Crowes also sounds really great live, so they don't have anything to be ashamed of.

There is no fat out of breath Mickey Mouse ruining ticket sales in recordings of them. So I really do believe removing the videos is better for GnR.

Seriously.

Everytime I see a Black Crowes recording I actually want to see them again. They are still great, Chris can still sing his ass off. I love them.

And every concert I have attended was awesome.

So yeah. GnR is over in my book. Time to stop thinking about them and move on. I'll enjoy the Crowes reunion instead.

Sorry folks.

PS Everytime I showed a live GnR recording to people, I more or less apologized for the sound of the singer... "Axl sounds like shit, but that Slash solo is awesome, listen to it" :shrugs:

Edited by Lethalis
  • GNFNR 1