MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

If GNR don't want me to watch old youtube videos, and want my money, that's fine. 

Come and take my money. Release this stuff and I'll pay. 

What I won't be paying for is Christmas baubles, frisbees, yo-yos, toys and laundry bags. That should go without saying- I'm a music fan, you're a band. What  I want and what you're selling should be pretty clear! 

Give me some music and come and take my money!  

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, username said:

Like Russ already said - the GnR fan community is the only reason to still be here. But the ridiculous way that the band, it's management and particularly people like Walker and Mojo are trying to ruin that community really squeezes a lot of the fun out of that too.

I totally hear ya on that. TB and the couple of people targeting the site are the reasons my passion for GNR has died. 

I can deal with the rest of the issues: the small back catalog, the lack of new music, the silly merch, etc. I also understand that Axl is a human being in his late 50s, so truth be told, I don't even mind how he sounds for his age. However, to add the constant attacks from "fans" and the complete contempt from the bands management for the fans, is a bit much to take. 

That's why I'm thankful for the other sections here. I've listened to a lot of music I wouldn't have heard if it wasn't for My World. I've also had some GREAT discussions about my favorite bands due to that section. I love talking vinyl with everyone in that section too. I've watched a lot of movies and shows I wouldn't have if it weren't for Seen That Movie Too. 

Those things couple together with all the real life friends I've made from the site makes the whole thing worthwhile, at least for me. 

10 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I got into GNR and have spent money on tickets and merchandise and music precisely *because* I watched an endless mesmerizing series of unlicensed unauthorized YouTube videos.

Yep, you're not alone in that either. On top of that, there's people like me who have used YouTube clips to turn people on to GNR over the years. I have people over to spin records every Friday and I've used YouTube to change people's minds about GNR in the past. It would appear that won't be an option going forward. 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If GNR don't want me to watch old youtube videos, and want my money, that's fine. 

Come and take my money. Release this stuff and I'll pay. 

What I won't be paying for is Christmas baubles, frisbees, yo-yos, toys and laundry bags. That should go without saying- I'm a music fan, you're a band. What  I want and what you're selling should be pretty clear! 

Give me some music and come and take my money!  

That's how pretty much all of us feel. It's not even brand new music that people would buy either. GNR could get away with releasing stuff from the vaults and fans would be happy to pay as long as it was reasonably priced. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, derekness said:

All of my friends that aren't even rock fans are fans of GnR because I showed them 91-93 era YouTube videos over the past five or so years. They own GnR merch because of this 

My girlfriend listens to country like 98% of the time and even she's a fan after seeing those same kinds of videos. She loves the insanity that is Axl Rose :lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

While I understand many of the points you guys bring up, I can't be too bothered anymore. 

I stopped looking for live GN'R footage in 2011, mainly because of Axl's voice. The videos I did check were of SOYL, Locomotive and Dead Horse. 

If they release a "Best Of Not In This Lifetime", I'd probably pay for it. If they'd release a record, I'd buy it. And if they'd follow that up with a tour, I'll go see it.

Other than that, intercourse this joke of a band.

I do feel bad for the people that still showed enough interest to look for these videos and for the fans that just wanted to share the good time they had.

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Oh man, things looked so promising in 2016! 

Not even sure I want to hear a new album at this point, everything about GnR feels so wrong these days.

They had their opportunity in 2017, imo. The Europe/NA 2017 tours would have been even bigger if they'd dropped a single to support the tour. 

6 hours ago, username said:

I've reached a conclusion. I want this band to die. 

Actually it already died a long time ago in terms of soul. But it's empty decaying corpse is still doing shows. Someone just needs to put a spike in it's brain and put it out of it's misery. 

I'm genuinely rooting for a fearless vigilante to break into all the hoarders houses, steal their shit and put it on the internet anonymously without any cockteasing. To any of you reading this, be that unsung hero. Wear a cape if you must. That way we can all have closure on the Chinese Democracy years and quit this abortion of a band forever. I hope all the shit out there gets leaked. I also hope it completely ruins all release plans GnR has ever had because I'm just not interested in it anymore and I really don't want them to get another cent from me. I don't care for a bunch of re-worked 20 year old songs with Axl sounding shit at worst and mediocre at best with guitar parts re-done by people who had no part in writing those songs in the first place. 

Furthermore, and this has been said many times, Team Brazil is the worst possible bunch of amateurs in the world. They actively hate and insult the hardcore gnr fanbase and are just in it for the money. I want GnR to die so they can stop squeezing money out of it. These people disgust me. 

Like Russ already said - the GnR fan community is the only reason to still be here. But the ridiculous way that the band, it's management and particularly people like Walker and Mojo are trying to ruin that community really squeezes a lot of the fun out of that too. 

The band and TB are iin this for the money. I'm in it for love. And out of love I feel the merciful thing to do is to pull the plug on this band and let it die in peace. What a shitfest. 

Wow!!! somewhat bitter with your views there. If it was all about money they would have reformed years ago and milked every last drop from the fanbase. 

Axl has never come across as an artist motivated by money. When they initially regrouped there was no long term plan for them to have toured like they have. 

It was going to be a few shows and that would have been it. But due to the chemistry they found they still had and the response enabled things to grow and develop. No doubt they were not expecting things to have gone as well as they have. No late starts, no cancelled shows no Axl rants etc yet people still complain about anything and everything. 

Wanting the band to die and have everything leaked is a bit dramatic. The body of material that has been amassed over the years can't be that easy to process and just put out there as a release when you consider writing credits etc people leaking stuff can do more harm than good. Seems a shame that people feel they have the right to put stuff out there without consent with any real thought for the implications it might have. 

As things stand they will continue to tour and do things the way they want to. A group of so called hard core fans won't sway anything. 

In terms of management, we've never really had a press friendly answering questions type representing the band. 

Guns will continue to do things the way they've always done and there is nothing that would really influence that, as we should have come to realise over the years which some seem to forget. 

Rage all you want but that is my take on this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Pele said:

Since you asked....:lol:

Always relatively right-leaning.  Used a lot of sexist language, made plenty of comments saying he doesn't understand gay guys (basically like the old Axl).  Very anti-Islam and clashed terribly with Iranian Lost Highway on MSL's old forum

Until literally the day Axl said he was democrat.

He made a complete about turn overnight and posts as many anti-Trump memes as Axl photoshops these days.

Yes, that's right.  A fully grown adult changed his whole political beliefs to match that of his favorite singer :lol:

Jesus wept. Needs some serious help. 

2 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

Axl has never come across as an artist motivated by money. When they initially regrouped there was no long term plan for them to have toured like they have.

At the time of the reunion Axl was being sued for $163k for unpaid work to a former bandmate.

The pay day for the Coachella shows was estimated to be in the $3-$7 million range per performance ($6-$14 million total).

I'm not going to assume anything here but those are the facts.  To suggest that money wasn't a consideration, why was Izzy (and to a lesser extent, Adler or Sorum) not included?

It was going to be a few shows and that would have been it.

Really?

I thought it was going to be a few shows and the'd see how they went. 

No late starts, no cancelled shows no Axl rants etc yet people still complain about anything and everything. 

Slash was pretty clear prior to rejoining the band that any reunion would require Axl getting on stage on time.  To chalk this up to group chemistry and not contractual obligations is, well, an interesting argument.

The body of material that has been amassed over the years can't be that easy to process and just put out there as a release when you consider writing credits etc people leaking stuff can do more harm than good

So you're assuming here that the thing holding up the release of new music is assigning writing credits and getting sign-off from former members?  That might very well be the case, but I find it unlikely.  It's been reported that band members aren't actually members but employees.  Much like how Ozzy owns the rights to any music produced by others while under his employ, it's been speculated that Axl has the same arrangement with current and former members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downzy said:

At the time of the reunion Axl was being sued for $144k for unpaid work to a former bandmate.

The pay day for the Coachella shows was estimated to be in the $3-$7 million range per performance ($6-$14 million total).

I'm not going to assume anything here but those are the facts.  To suggest that money wasn't a consideration, why was Izzy (and to a lesser extent, Adler or Sorum) not included?

Really?

Slash was pretty clear prior to rejoining the band that any reunion would require Axl getting on stage on time.  To chalk this up to group chemistry and not contractual obligations is, well, an interesting argument.

So you're assuming here that the thing holding up the release of new music is assigning writing credits and getting sign-off from former members?  That might very well be the case, but I find it unlikely.  It's been reported that band members aren't actually members but employees.  Much like how Ozzy owns the rights to any music produced by others while under his employ, it's been speculated that Axl has the same arrangement with current and former members.

Just to jump on the last response. GNR doesn’t need permission from former members to use songs. Their rights are secured if they choose to record/release them. Just like anyone can cover a song. I’m also sure synch rights are covered in their contracts though. 

As far as $, I would tend to guess that GNR as a business entity doesn’t equal Axl’s personal wealth. It would not surprise if the entity in itself was in the negative by the end or if things needed to be funded and it was met with begrudge due to the situation 

That being said, outrageous tour expenses and divorces are a freakin burden and at some point everyone loves some $. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

Wow!!! somewhat bitter with your views there. If it was all about money they would have reformed years ago and milked every last drop from the fanbase. 

It was going to be a few shows and that would have been it. But due to the chemistry they found they still had and the response enabled things to grow and develop. No doubt they were not expecting things to have gone as well as they have. No late starts, no cancelled shows no Axl rants etc yet people still complain about anything and everything. 

Wanting the band to die and have everything leaked is a bit dramatic. The body of material that has been amassed over the years can't be that easy to process and just put out there as a release when you consider writing credits etc people leaking stuff can do more harm than good. Seems a shame that people feel they have the right to put stuff out there without consent with any real thought for the implications it might have. 

As things stand they will continue to tour and do things the way they want to. A group of so called hard core fans won't sway anything. 

In terms of management, we've never really had a press friendly answering questions type representing the band. 

Guns will continue to do things the way they've always done and there is nothing that would really influence that, as we should have come to realise over the years which some seem to forget. 

Rage all you want but that is my take on this. 

Sooner or later you'll see it my way kid. 

2 hours ago, downzy said:

At the time of the reunion Axl was being sued for $163k for unpaid work to a former bandmate.

Really?

Pittman suing Axl always astounded me. That, in and of itself, should show the lack of professionalism in managing this band. The lead singer and band leader of a multi-platinum, world famous band had to resort to borrowing money from one of his band mates who was not even an equity partner in the business, but a hired hand. Then, he did not even begin to pay it in the four or so years it took before Pittman filed the suit. 

There have been other rumblings about how hard it was to get paid in GN'R during the "Nu" years. That woman who wrote the book about getting plowed by Dizzy and then aborting his child said Dizzy constantly complained about not getting paid, and Del James had to talk Dizzy off the ledge from quitting every other night. At some of the 2014 Vegas shows, MSL talked to some of the band members and said one of them (he didn't specify, but suggested it was Richard) said getting paid in that band was like pulling teeth.

• Like 3