MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

1 hour ago, thomasmcole said:

The biggest shocker here is all the amazing content from 2016/2010 being removed, and yet this monstrosity is still on the official YouTube channel

Exactly. 

Why on Earth would you want stuff like Houston 2016 available online, when people could watch this instead?? 

Don't really know what to say, the whole situation is just too bizarre for words.

In my 20 years of being a GNR fan I don't think I've ever understood a single decision made by the band :lol: I'm still here so I guess they've done something right to at least keep me entertained over the years, but Guns is without doubt the most dysfunctional business on the planet.... and yet they raked in $500 million or whatever on the last tour :crazy:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

I must admit I've never really taken the time to fully understand what's going on with this copyright nonsense, who's doing it and who's guilty of what. But if I'm not mistaken the band isn't doing anything to prevent this, right? I belive they're doing it in an attempt to hide how terrible Axl has been these last few years. I see no other reason.

The money has already been made now all there is to do it to hide the proofs.

Are only videos from Not In This Lifetime getting removed? It sure seems like it. Or am I missing something?

Edited by Sisyphus

3 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

I must admit I've never really taken the time to fully understand what's going on with this copyright nonsense, who's doing it and who's guilty of what. But if I'm not mistaken the band isn't doing anything to prevent this, right? I belive they're doing it in an attempt to hide how terrible Axl has been these last few years. I see no other reason.

The money has already been made now all there is to do it to hide the proofs.

Are only videos from Not In This Lifetime getting removed? It sure seems like it. Or am I missing something?

Not just that. Any bootleg you post here will get deleted now, and you'll get banned on top of it. Say thank you, TB. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

There are various trade organizations that act on behalf of the recording industry to enforce copyright.  They allow, for reasons that make zero sense to me, non-rights holders to file complaints or reports, which are then acted upon regardless of how the actual rights holder feels about the use of their content.  

I reiterate that the latest development is almost certainly the result of non-rights holders abusing a broken system as a means to target this forum in the hopes it gets taken down.  They're petty and sad little people who I honestly feel sorry for since they don't seem to have anything else worthwhile in their lives.

With respect to images, we're not aware of any similar organizations that act on behalf of rights holders should their be a misuse of copyright materials.  My limited knowledge on the matter is the copyright holder themselves must act on their own (or through legal representatives) to remove or restrict content owned by them that's used without their permission.

As of today we have never received any complaint or request to remove any image posted on this forum.

But I would ask that we try and be adults about this and not poke the bear by posting insulting or inflammatory memes that does not help our situation.  

We'll take it on a case by case basis.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

There are various trade organizations that act on behalf of the recording industry to enforce copyright.  They allow, for reasons that make zero sense to me, non-rights holders to file complaints or reports, which are then acted upon regardless of how the actual rights holder feels about the use of their content.  

Wouldn't it be terrible if somebody put in a claim about content on the official site. :lol: 

• Like 1

My opinion, especially after reading site owner's last post above , about some people targeting this popular fan site, is shyt, dont post anything from you tube. Not even MTV 1980s videos of news, videos, interviews, etc. Nothing.  If you have concert vids you took, post up on your own personal social media. Others, fans,  will find it. Thanx in advance. I say those in the take down are mentally ill, lonely, obsessive,reclusive people in a fantasy world taking  down things of GnR including Meegan Hodges Instagram of concert footage.  The only people who can control what fans see are Axl, Slash, Duff and they dont care or care to have the right hired people to investigate this and stop it. So there.

Edited by Amaya

30 minutes ago, Amaya said:

The only people who can control what fans see are Axl, Slash, Duff and they dont care or care to have the right hired people to investigate this and stop it. So there.

I agree with your post but I don't think it would be so easy for GN'R to stop the takedowns. They could urge the label to contact platforms like Youtube and ask they to not remove any videos unless requested by the label itself. In other words, not act upon third party requests for video removals. That might work, at least for videos not taken down by the label. But then GN'R must be of the opinion that they would be better off to stop the takedowns, and I am definitely not sure Team Brazil at least understands this so their position is more 'why bother?'. 

at this point, I'm actually starting to be quite happy that MoFo or whatever mental is taking down everything GNR from the internet and erasing the band's footprint from peoples' minds, leaving just KISS-level media whoreness in existence.

because that bunch of sellout clowns and their asslickers only totally deserve that.

so go ahead and let it all burn in hell.

• Like 2

guns n roses are an utterly tragic band. Let's face it, they only made one truly great album: their first. They could be the next rolling stones, but they threw it all away. They are passively and actively destroying their career.

But they act like they are bigger than the stones. They'll never be like the stones. The stones treat their fans well, see all the official bootlegs that they are releasing. I effectively can't keep up with their brilliant concert releases.

• Like 3

On 18/12/2019 at 9:00 AM, action said:

guns n roses are an utterly tragic band. Let's face it, they only made one truly great album: their first. They could be the next rolling stones, but they threw it all away. They are passively and actively destroying their career.

But they act like they are bigger than the stones. They'll never be like the stones. The stones treat their fans well, see all the official bootlegs that they are releasing. I effectively can't keep up with their brilliant concert releases.

Tragic, yes. 

UYI is truly great too (minus a few tracks, which taken singularly are actually still decent). The problem was a dull drummer who had NOTHING to do with the original formula. Killed and ruined the swing in so many wonderful tunes. And yes, over-production at times likely due to Axl's state of mind back then. 

As for the Stones... well, different band, different music, different attitude. Even in their prime (GNR), the comparison never even made any sense at all. 1987-GNR just utterly destroys anything the Stones ever did, IMHO. 

Edited by AncientEvil80

41 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Tragic, yes. 

UYI is truly great too (minus a few tracks, which taken singularly are actually still decent). The problem was a dull drummer who had NOTHING to do with the original formula. Killed and ruined the swing in so many wonderful tunes. And yes, over-production at times likely due to Axl's state of mind back then. 

As for the Stones... well, different band, different music, different attitude. Even in their prime (GNR), the comparison never even made any sense at all. 1987-GNR just utterly destroys anything the Stones ever did, IMHO. 

I agree, I think a more apt comparison would be with Zeppelin. 

• Like 1

On 19-12-2019 at 9:50 PM, AncientEvil80 said:

Tragic, yes. 

I don't know man. I used to agree with the point of Sorum being dull. But his drumming on UYI is still growing on me every time I listen to these albums. I'm not sure if all of UYI would've worked with Steven. If you compare Civil War to the other tracks, it doesn't sound as full as anything with Sorum on it. I could be completely off, but Sorum did a pretty good job there.

Steven's unique groove will always be connected to and an integral part of AFD and their original sound.

If anything, Brain redoing everything Josh Freese did for CD sounds dull and off. Especially after hearing all these songs with Freese drumming. But that could be because Brain was asked to play these songs like Freese did them, instead of bringing in his own ideas.

I'm not sure if Frank's any good. There are times where he seems to be amazing, and there are some fills that add nothing whatsoever. And his timing can be all over the place. 

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, UcudBmine said:

I don't know man. I used to agree with the point of Sorum being dull. But his drumming on UYI is still growing on me every time I listen to these albums. I'm not sure if all of UYI would've worked with Steven. If you compare Civil War to the other tracks, it doesn't sound as full as anything with Sorum on it. I could be completely off, but Sorum did a pretty good job there.

Civil War has the best drums (in terms of GNR sound) of the whole UYI double LP.... 

IMHO Steven's arrangement always felt "baby-like", it added that cartoonish vibe to the whole formula - typical of young musicians. Sorum's drumming sounds like a boring old man in comparison. Take Don't Cry for example... it's too mature on the record. A big part of that magic naïveté of the song is completely altered and lost. 

One of the factors that in my opinion also consumed GNR was the growing old... too fast. Too seriously. Something that's never really mentioned, but it's true. 

Edited by AncientEvil80

1 hour ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Civil War has the best drums (in terms of GNR sound) of the whole UYI double LP.... 

IMHO Steven's arrangement always felt "baby-like", it added that cartoonish vibe to the whole formula - typical of young musicians. Sorum's drumming sounds like a boring old man in comparison. Take Don't Cry for example... it's too mature on the record. A big part of that magic naïveté of the song is completely altered and lost. 

One of the factors that in my opinion also consumed GNR was the growing old... too fast. Too seriously. Something that's never really mentioned, but it's true. 

You have dog years which is about 7-1 then you have hard rock years which is about 10-1.

• 1 month later...

On 18/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, rendestroi95 said:

So crazy to think that my favorite band played locomotive and dead horse after decades and i can't go on youtube and watch even fan footage... for real, it is something i just can't wrap my head around. What in the actual fuck are they doing.

Maybe they just want to control all the shit. But the trade comunity is big.... or not to big  but is there forever. I got my yt account deleted... and i had nothin.... nothing copyright.

BUT I HAVE MY BOTLEGS AND DVD FROM UYI TOUR. They can fuck me.

• Haha 2