MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

Axl has stuck up for his fans many many times in the past. i would love to find out what he knows about this or how involved he is. 

a band/brand that can earn half a billion in just a couple of years should have the best people in charge of copyright issues. 

i fail to understand how a convicted criminal with clear mental health issues from Tuscaloosa can still be doing this. 

am i missing something ? 

Many of you seem to be putting the blame purely with Team Brazil. And that's understandable, I often do the same. And blaming them isn't wrong, because they're absolute scumbags. But maybe we should also acknowledge that Guns n' Roses is a band of grown men in their 50's who are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. And one of those decisions is keeping Team Brazil employed and working the way they do. We need to stop pretending Axl is some helpless emotionally unstable victim in this. The band is just as much to blame for this as Team Brazil is. Maybe even more. So yeah, fuck Guns n' Roses. It's sad when a band you grow up loving turns into this. :( 

It's sad that in a world where many bands appreciate and value their fanbase through embracing the internet, doing archive releases, offering concert downloads, keeping fans updated and informed and having good deals on good merchandise, Guns n' Roses is doing their absolute best to demoralize their fanbase by offering no new music, having management openly insult hardcore fans,offering no communication whatsoever, taking down youtube videos and actively work against spreading their music on the internet, putting out one disgustingly overpriced box set, overpriced tickets and fucking toy trucks. 

Seriously, fuck Guns n' Roses. 

(edit: Sorry Downzy, I'm keeping these last f-bombs in there)

Edited by username
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, username said:

Maybe we should change the faces in the mygnrforum banner to dollar signs? Just a small protest. 

I'd support this - after all, their faces are also copyrighted and stuff, so it's dangerous to have those there, someone might sue the board for having their faces there. changing their faces to $$$ (and probably make them a bit more fat, to better reflect the current situation) would fix the problem.

(and indeed - "you know what word" TB, GNR and in particular those two assclowns - they will get what they deserve)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I get we’re all angry and frustrated, but i would ask that we refrain from the fuck yous and fuck offs as responses. There are better ways to discuss this matter. 

K, sorry. 
A question for the mods: Have you guys – within the communication with TB – ever tried asking what about the other forums/webs that openly share yt and other unofficial links? Like, what is their stance towards those places, and why MyGNR is officially the only place they’ve been attacking (sorry, "focusing on")? I wonder what their official response would be...

And yes, maybe this is just the beginning, and we’ll move on to images now. It may come to a situation within a couple of months where the only pictures we’ll be allowed to link will be those made by Kat B. :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

K, sorry. 
A question for the mods: Have you guys – within the communication with TB – ever tried asking what about the other forums/webs that openly share yt and other unofficial links? Like, what is their stance towards those places, and why MyGNR is officially the only place they’ve been attacking (sorry, "focusing on")? I wonder what their official response would be...

And yes, maybe this is just the beginning, and we’ll move on to images now. It may come to a situation within a couple of months where the only pictures we’ll be allowed to link will be those made by Kat B. :lol:

I would believe TB would protest against accusation that they are focusing on any GN'R fan forum since TB denies being behind the takedowns.

And it seems to that that the two fuckheads who we know are at least partially responsible for the takedowns, have some axe to grind against this place in particular. 

I agree with downzy, but would also like to add that not only is downzy at risk of civili litigation: so is everyone else posting or discussing unlicensed videos (because this proves that you own unlicensed videos / music).

if Tb wanted, they could pretty much pick any number of board members, and decide to go for them too.

This is all pretty hypothetical, since for that purpose they should have access to our IP adress, then link an identity to that IP adress. Pretty much out of the range of possibilities. But as for Downzy, he's pretty much a sitting duck.

Frankly, I'm surprised Downzy has even let things go this far. I know I wouldn't. I would be scared shitless about civili litigation, certainly in the mad world we live in today.

All of this has made me realise I'm not going to bother much with talk about GNR anymore, at all. There are other sections on this board that I like much better anyway, I've enjoyed great interactions with some members here. That's the only thing keeping me here, by this point. GNR is a sad and utter joke, on so many levels. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would believe TB would protest against accusation that they are focusing on any GN'R fan forum since TB denies being behind the takedowns.

And it seems to that that the two fuckheads who we know are at least partially responsible for the takedowns, have some axe to grind against this place in particular. 

I'm aware of those individuals, but I was rather reacting to this: "GNR management has already expressed to me in writing that our allowance for the discussion of the recent leaks put us in the same legal grounds as those who distributed those leaks". That's the lunacy I mean. 

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I'm aware of those individuals, but I was rather reacting to this: "GNR management has already expressed to me in writing that our allowance for the discussion of the recent leaks put us in the same legal grounds as those who distributed those leaks". That's the lunacy I mean. 

Oh right. Trying to prevent the public from discussing leaks seems like a fool's errand… still I doubt TB will make any serious effort to enforce it anywhere, not even here. I interpret the sentence above as TB being frustrated and lashing out against a forum they have had problems with previously. I find it unprofessional and immoral to make any such legal threats against the owner of the largest and best fan community on the internet. But that's what it has come to.

7 hours ago, downzy said:

GNR management has already expressed to me in writing that our allowance for the discussion of the recent leaks put us in the same legal grounds as those who distributed those leaks

Is this true?

Jesus, mother of god!

(Besides being completely incorrect).

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is this true?

Jesus, mother of god!

(Besides being completely incorrect).

Yeah, how the fuck does that work, when did talking about shit become illegal?  What is unlisenced content anyway, what like...non-officially released GnR shit?  Nyah fuck em, its not like they're fuckin' any kinda interesting nowadays anyway :shrugs:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, downzy said:

GNR management has already expressed to me in writing that our allowance for the discussion of the recent leaks put us in the same legal grounds as those who distributed those leaks

It's a good thing that nobody takes those amateurs seriously. Man, what a load of bullshit. Why the hell are we all even still doing this? 

They're just completely insane. 

3 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Lol all due respect but I think that, if most people meet A, S or D (omg I just had an unrelated thought: imagne if Duff's name started with an F, instead?  If instead of Duff he was like... "Fuff" or something... than the trio would be known as the almighty A...F...D! lol)- but yeah, I think if most people meet one of the three of them for the first time, they'd probably want to talk about other things besides this situation lol. 

edit: whoops, I fucked that up.  Not Duff being Fuff... It would have to be Slash.  Flash... Axl, Flash and Duff.   AFD haha. 

That post turned into a total shower thought. :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even Kim Jong-un is thinking to himself, ''crikey, Guns N' Roses are a bit too totalitarian''. 

He's probably thinking about staging an intervention because this is going way too far. See what you did there Fernando? You made me support Kim Jong Un! That's how bad you are. 

Well, this makes me sad, even if I know that's silly. How could this have evolved in a situation where GNR and the fans are each other's enemies? I have this romantic idea of both GNR and the fanbase having struggled through so many hard times together forging an indestructible bond :wub::axl92::slash2::duff: (Is this Duff? :ph34r:)

Guess not.

It's sad when you're thinking of your favourite band you're thinking of a (totally inadequate) Brazilian family that totally despises you instead of a great frontman, best guitarist in the world and music that has meant so much for you for decades. Ugh, leaves a bad aftertaste.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Well, this makes me sad, even if I know that's silly. How could this have evolved in a situation where GNR and the fans are each other's enemies? I have this romantic idea of both GNR and the fanbase having struggled through so many hard times together forging an indestructible bond :wub::axl92::slash2::duff: (Is this Duff? :ph34r:)

Guess not.

It's sad when you're thinking of your favourite band you're thinking of a (totally inadequate) Brazilian family that totally despises you instead of a great frontman, best guitarist in the world and music that has meant so much for you for decades. Ugh, leaves a bad aftertaste.

Please keep in mind that the band we all love(d) are the ones keeping that Brazilian family employed. They're just as guilty in this imo. We need to stop pretending Axl and co. are completely ignorant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, username said:

Please keep in mind that the band we all love(d) are the ones keeping that Brazilian family employed. They're just as guilty in this imo. We need to stop pretending Axl and co. are completely ignorant. 

Of course, I agree with that. They are responsible. I always have a hard time imagining Axl not knowing about stuff, I always think he's more informed than many think. I wonder if he'd dedicate a new Get In The Ring to the fans. It kind of feels like that.

8 hours ago, downzy said:

(GNR management has already expressed to me in writing that our allowance for the discussion of the recent leaks put us in the same legal grounds as those who distributed those leaks). 

Management as in Fernando?? So in other words, he thinks that a unrelated person discussing a recent bank robbery is as bad as the person who actually committed the bank robbery? A unrelated person discussing a recent murder is as bad as the person who committed the murder and will face the same legal punishment? What a douche. And in more other words, it is clearly Guns N' Roses, who is behind and appreciates all take downs, even though they don't have the balls to publicly state that on all of their web presences.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1